Inclined Birds ..

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
paxrax said:
hmm, maybe isnt a word im keen on pmsl!

will have to think about this if the worst comes to the worst and we get relegated!

The Conference North season finishes on Saturday so I'll be at home at those times so I'll be able to test it for you :)

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
well , seeing as talk of actuators etc and seeing the pics in the other declination thread makes me feel a little out of my depth i think i will be going for the fixed dish approach!

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
I'd wait on that because I'm in the process of making my own setup and, hopefully, i'm nearly done

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
paxrax said:
well , seeing as talk of actuators etc and seeing the pics in the other declination thread makes me feel a little out of my depth i think i will be going for the fixed dish approach!

You could try an "over under shotgun" approach with a dish - have 2 lnb's one above the other to get the bird at the upper & lower extremities of the arc!

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
fergyc said:
I'd wait on that because I'm in the process of making my own setup and, hopefully, i'm nearly done

nice fish, when its ready to fit round my house i shall pay for the parts plus 4 cans of carling for you to fit it and a night round the local pub including b&b at my house.

deal? :)

terriers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
protek 9600,tm5400
2.4m on nilesat
1.8m on 36e
90cm motorised
My Location
worksop notts
great thread guys...just had a go at 2e on my 90cm motorised system, and got a lock on the bird at -1.37 latitude at 1.30pm uk time...the signal is increasing as the bird gets lower

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
Analoguesat said:
You could try an "over under shotgun" approach with a dish - have 2 lnb's one above the other to get the bird at the upper & lower extremities of the arc!

as in what we spoke about earlier on the thread using a triax 4 way?

or are we talking something different?

im easily confused!

and another thought, if im looking for championship footy feeds on here next year, am i going to need a 4:2:2 capable receiver and/or a blindscan capable receiver or not?

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi friends ..
Not been well enough to do any physical work on the dishes recently ..but button pressing I was up for ..
came up with this workable solution to Astra 1C
Came up with a plan ...yep ..the grey matter just wont rest.....
Set 11 positions on the elevation Vbox 50 >60
these were unused ...
Set the same 11 positions to the same pulse count position on the E/W Vbox ...so effectively whichever position /number is issued by a receiver between 50 and 60 ...the big dish moves to 1.9 East and remains there ..
Now ..
I set each number /position on the elelvation Vbox between 50 and 54 to 1 degree of declination from zero ...
I then set position 55 to zero deg elevation/declination ie level..
I then set each number/position on the same Vbox between 56 >60 to 1 degree of elevation ..

Next I make/reserve 10 postions on the reciever ...50 >60 ..
Whichever position/channel is selected ...the dish doesn't move laterally but does either incline or decline by the required amount between + & - 5 degree ..
I then have 1 dedicated channel which doesn't activate the positioners..and on this channel I store ant channels/transponders relating to 1.8 or 2.0 deg east ..
All I now need do is check the time of day ...find the relative vertical position of the bird(s) and select the appropriate channel ..
The dish then moves to 1.9 deg East ...and adjusts its elevation accordingly ..
Once the target is located ...unseen...
I then switch to the dedicated channel on which the previously captured channels are stored ..
..et voila ..I can locate and follow any feed ..or channel at this location.

..and if neccessary ..re-scan or blind scan ..
now using the dedicated naked ALPS mini siamese mounted ku on the big dish..for the dedicated channel watching at 1.9 east..but require to switch briefly to 50 >60 (Cband feed ..to move the dish)

This works because the Position Vbox and the Elevation Vbox are daisy chained and receive the same Diseqc 1.2 commands..
I have noticed however that roughly half way between Zero and full declination ...and Zero and full Elevation ...the signal drops by approximatly 3db ..
On a stb with a poor tuner the signal breaks up at these points ..
So...Using a big dish _does_ see the lateral deviation ..and this has to be taken into account ..
Over the next few days I will create new sat positions on the E/W Vboix ..but these will also fall in the same range 50 > 61.....though I may well need more than the basic 11 channels to do this ..

This will hopefully accomodate the lateral variation ..and positional adjustment both vertically and horizontally ..will be set for specific times of the day...or put another way ....specific points in the figure 8 movement of the satellite ..
Since both Vboxes receive the same diseqc control command ...adjustment will be automated by the set top box simply by selecting a 'fake' channel number..
Hope this all makes sense ..
Its just a shame I have to actually press a button ..and the process cant be totally automated..to track the arc
maybe one day ...
:)
rgds
VS

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Vipersan said:
Its just a shame I have to actually press a button ..and the process cant be totally automated..
maybe one day ...
:)
rgds
VS

Is your Butler on leave?

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
paxrax said:
as in what we spoke about earlier on the thread using a triax 4 way?

or are we talking something different?

im easily confused!

and another thought, if im looking for championship footy feeds on here next year, am i going to need a 4:2:2 capable receiver and/or a blindscan capable receiver or not?

You may not have anything on 2*east because the operators may move their feeds and/or increase encryption methods.As Analoguesat says nothing is guaranteed unless you pay.

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
colinp said:
You may not have anything on 2*east because the operators may move their feeds and/or increase encryption methods.As Analoguesat says nothing is guaranteed unless you pay.

tbh col, im more interested now in whether or not i can do it lol, i know nothing is 100% guaranteed but im seriously thinking about buying a decent meter and having a mess about with a fixed 1m dish in the garden.

it will be useful for me too as i have a motorised 1m that will sometime need adjusting and id like to think i have the gear and am capable of doing so!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
colinp said:

As soon as the tv operators decide too many folk are showing an interest in 2E they will switch the encryption on. Especially as Astra 1C can be received with a relatively small dish.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:
As soon as the tv operators decide too many folk are showing an interest in 2E they will switch the encryption on. Especially as Astra 1C can be received with a relatively small dish.

..you may well be right AS...
The irony is ...I'm not interested in the broadcasted content...
..for me its the challenge of achievement I love ..

Maybe it was a bad idea starting this thread..as its obviously gripped the interest of many members...which could well spell the demise of these feeds.
:(

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northumberland
paxrax said:
tbh col, im more interested now in whether or not i can do it lol, i know nothing is 100% guaranteed but im seriously thinking about buying a decent meter and having a mess about with a fixed 1m dish in the garden.

You'd be better with a smaller dish

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
Well lads that's what makes this hobby so interesting!They move...we chase!.Maybe we should close the thread until the season has started:-rofl2:-adminp

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
was going to try a 78cm triax, no idea why i put 1m lol.

chillzoutguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
-
Ive been trying to get this bird for a few days but can only get 11660 v 27500 which is encrypted??

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
chillzoutguy said:
Ive been trying to get this bird for a few days but can only get 11660 v 27500 which is encrypted??

What channel names come up on the scan? Chances are you have located one of the adjacent birds!

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Not with a SR of 27500. Thats almost certainly one of the adjacent broadcast sats. Most feeds have SR's of below 15000