ITV HD on Passion+ Newbie needs help

surfgeek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +, Passion+ HD, Various Mac's, too many gadgets to count.
My Location
South Yorkshire
Hi, just bought my Passion+ Kit today from Maplins, great price at £160 include PVR recording.

I have tried all the suggestions on this site to get ITV HD running, but had no joy yet.

I have updated to Loader 1.5 and installed the other channels file on the passion website ( is this the updated firmware ?)

I have re scanned Astra, interesting I live in yorkshire, but the 2 yorkshire regular channels do not work either, having to select Midlands as my area.

Please can somebody give me a real easy step by step guide of what to do.
P.s. I am still using my Sky 45cm dish, going to install the 60cm dish tomorrow.

Thanks

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Moved to appropriate section.

If ITV HD isn't appearing in your regional list, try a factory reset, then re-upload the firmware/channels file.

If still no go, you can manually add the ITV HD channel by pressing Menu on your remote, clicking Advanced Scan and entering these values -

11428 H 27500
DVB Standard = DVB-S
FEC = Auto
Video PID = 3401
Audio PID = 3402
PCR PID = 3401
Service ID = 10510
PMT PID = 3400
HD/SD = HD Channel

Llew

surfgeek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Yorkshire
Thanks, please can you confirm the firmware file for me, is it v1.14 ( june 27, 2008) ?
To install I have put on a memory stick and loaded by switching on the passion and pressing the OK button on the front. The pasison then re boots after installing the file.

I have tried thye second suggestion but do not have the option in input
"Service ID = 10510
PMT PID = 3400
HD/SD = HD Channel"

Thanks

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Strange, the additional parameters to allow scanning ITV HD have been added since firmware version 1.12. What version does it show in System Information?

surfgeek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Yorkshire
Perhaps I am not loading the firmware correctly, please can give a brief step by step of what I need to do.

I have installed Loader 1.5 without a problem, but only showing software version 1.0.

Is the file p_av114_20080627.dnl the correct file. How do I install it?
Thanks very much

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yes, that's the latest version.

I assume you've transferred the file like this -

Choose Data Transfer - USB
Transfer Mode - USB Read

Then choose p_av114 from your USB stick

surfgeek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Yorkshire
sorted it, had corrupt data on my usb stick, used my Mac and all went well. Thanks for your assistance.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
surfgeek, I notice you mention that your Passion has pvr capability.

So you have the latest model, which is not the same as the original Passion (different chipset).

Nevertheless, if it is working OK with the Passion loader and channel S/W, fair enough.

Llew

lopos2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+
My Location
UK
@surfgeek
The kit you bought at Maplins is the receiver the Passion + one?
If so, did the update work ok. I tried to update one today (Passion+) and it did not work. There is no update on the Fortec website for the + version.

surfgeek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Yorkshire
lopos2000 said:
@surfgeek
The kit you bought at Maplins is the receiver the Passion + one?
If so, did the update work ok. I tried to update one today (Passion+) and it did not work. There is no update on the Fortec website for the + version.
I had to try a number of times, I have a number of issues with my usb stick not being rcognised properly. But yes it is the new Passion + with PVR and the files I used is the current file for Passion HD. Cheers

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
surfgeek said:
I But yes it is the new Passion + with PVR and the files I used is the current file for Passion HD. Cheers

So the files for the non-pvr Passion do work on the Passion+.
Fortec brought out the Passion Innovation before the Passion + ( I thought they were one and the same until I checked Fortec's site), and that is the one with the different chipset. For a moment I thought you might be loading software into the wrong box. Panic over :eek:

Llew

lopos2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+
My Location
UK
Thanks surfgeek for your info. Will try it out later.

outerdelta

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar passion+
with 65cm motorised dish
My Location
east anglia uk
Llew said:
So the files for the non-pvr Passion do work on the Passion+.
Fortec brought out the Passion Innovation before the Passion + ( I thought they were one and the same until I checked Fortec's site), and that is the one with the different chipset. For a moment I thought you might be loading software into the wrong box. Panic over :eek:

Llew

Hi Llew, I also have a passion + and cant seem to be able to load new firmware. The firmware i have at the moment is v1.0.0
I have tried 2 different usb memory sticks and the software wont load.
Is the firmware the same for the passion +?

also i dont have all of the parameters available like the other guy to enter the itv hd settings to manually search for itv hd.

Thanks
Neil.

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
outerdelta said:
Hi Llew, I also have a passion + and cant seem to be able to load new firmware. The firmware i have at the moment is v1.0.0
I have tried 2 different usb memory sticks and the software wont load.
Is the firmware the same for the passion +?

also i dont have all of the parameters available like the other guy to enter the itv hd settings to manually search for itv hd.

Thanks
Neil.

I don't know for sure but doubt that the original Passion HD firmware would be compatible with the Passion +. A closer match is likely to be the Innovation software as the boxes have almost identical specs. The Innovation has 2 embedded card readers as well as 2 x CI slots whereas the Passion+ only has the 2 x CI slots, apart from that and visual appearance they look to be identical. There is new firmware available for the Innovation on the FS web site.

Edit - outerdelta has just noticed the actual Passion+ FW is also available (listed as 'HD Passion+' just to confuse everybody).

outerdelta

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar passion+
with 65cm motorised dish
My Location
east anglia uk
Ratchet said:
I don't know for sure but doubt that the original Passion HD firmware would be compatible with the Passion +. A closer match is likely to be the Innovation software as the boxes have almost identical specs. The Innovation has 2 embedded card readers as well as 2 x CI slots whereas the Passion+ only has the 2 x CI slots, apart from that and visual appearance they look to be identical. There is new firmware available for the Innovation on the FS web site.

I have just noticed a new update on the official web site for the passion+. I will try that now.
Thanks.

Tried this and it works, the passion+ has its own firmware.

lopos2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+
My Location
UK
I can confirm it. I tried it out and it worked.

mattybee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec Star Dish on a Stab Motor supported on 24" T&K brackets, with a Fortec Star Sigma reciever, picking up 4w to 42e
My Location
Widnes, Cheshire
Maybe i'm a bit slow here but i'm sure i read that ITV HD was only availble on Freesat!?!

Or has things changed?

surfgeek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Yorkshire
mattybee said:
Maybe i'm a bit slow here but i'm sure i read that ITV HD was only availble on Freesat!?!

Or has things changed?

ITV HD is available on your Passion, needs latest updates. Just excluded from Sky

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
It's not exclusive to Freesat. It's open to any HD receiver capable of setting the vpid manually ( that excludes the Sky HD box).

Llew

Briamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC STAR
PASSION HD
My Location
HAMPSHIRE
Hi Llew
I note a number are having trouble getting ITV HD to list I had the same problem until after downloading update and factory reset I chose UK & RIO instead of ALL CHANNELS and it listed