ITV HD on Passion+ Newbie needs help

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Just the ticket Briamb. I only use the All Channels list myself, had to enter the ITV parameters manually with an earlier channel list if I remember.

Cooldude007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic PX42TH80b
Onkyo 506
B&W DM 602
Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
London
Hi everyone
Its my first timer here. And whatever I have read so far was very usefull. But I still have a few questions regarding Passion+:

1- What is the newest software available online? I think I have loader 1.5 and software is 1.0.2. Is this the latest?

2- I managed to put VPID etc for ITV HD and all i can see is the logo. ITV say most of the films will be in HD. On sunday Harry Poter was on but on HD there was still the logo. Maybe I was not watching the correct channel. Pls help.

3- People talk about getting luxe HD. What is that? What are the VPID's etc for it? Is it english?

4- I dont know but does any of you have seen that their SD screen are not focused. I had this receiver for 1 week now from Maplin. I cant see properly whereas the Sky freeview was focused. Shall i change the receiver.

5- What is the difference between getting this receiver and Humax HD, available from say comet for same price. Shall i return this and get that cause of EPG reason as that's quite shit.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards and thanks

S

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Hi, welcome to the forum.

1. Yes, that's the official software and loader. Later beta versions of the software can be downloaded through the Laural site ( _www.laurals.net).

2. The logo is all you get unless there is a simulcast of films and sport etc. (not very often -check TV mags for possibilities).

3. Luxe HD should be in your channel list. Nothing much to see really, as the name suggests, big boys' toys, fashion, holidays etc. for the rich.

4. Not sure what you mean by focused, you mean it doesn't fit the screen correctly?

5. A 7-day EPG for the Passion+ is being released soon by Fortecstar.

Llew

Cooldude007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic PX42TH80b
Onkyo 506
B&W DM 602
Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
London
Hi

Does anyone know the universal code for Passion+ so that i can control it using my Onkyo remote. Basically Passion+ remote sucks. Thats true.

Thanks a lot

Oldtimer37

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
Samsung LE40M8
My Location
Northants
I have tried to instal the new upgrade (pv av107_2008.1031) without success. Each time that I try it comes up as 'fail'.

Have tried 3 different memory sticks, including the one that I used for the last upgrade (July 2008), but only the loader and firmware from the last upgrade are recognised on the memory stick.

Has anyone else managed this latest upgrade on the Passion+, or is it just me that has this problem?

Briamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC STAR
PASSION HD
My Location
HAMPSHIRE
Hi
Not sure if you are getting your sofrware update from the Fortecstar web site On the website you will see the downloads are different for HD INNOVATION HD PASSION HD PASSION + so check and make sure you have the correct one for your system Dont forget after download to do a factory reset I had no problems with the 7 day EPG download on my HD PASSION

Oldtimer37

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
Samsung LE40M8
My Location
Northants
Yes I got it from the official site. It is definately the correct version for the Passion+. Have tried to download again today, just in case it was a corrupted file, but the f w will not download at all now. Guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

Strat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec HD Passion+
65cm Dish and 'correctly skewed' LNB supplied in Maplin kit.
My Location
Yorkshire
I'm getting a 404 page not found at
_www.fortecstar.com/downloads/software/p2_av107_20081031.zip
Anyone else getting the page ok?

Is it possible that the file stored there was found to be buggy ;)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Don't post live links, working or not.

The sataid site has the beta file, try that one.

Llew

Strat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec HD Passion+
My Location
Yorkshire
Please accept my apologies for the live link.
It's common practice on the Plusnet forum where I normally post.

Sorry

Oldtimer37

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
Samsung LE40M8
My Location
Northants
Can now download from FortecStar web site. Firmware now instals okay.

Cooldude007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic PX42TH80b
Onkyo 506
B&W DM 602
Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
London
Hi

You need to

1- download the software to your c drive
2- winzip it to open it
3- copy the open file to your memory stick
4- that will do the trick

but its useless as it says on the website that 7 day epg is available but i am not even able to see the next 7 mnutes.

although i love the receiver with few minor problems but does not matter as how many channels in UK we have Only 5. so what difference does it make anyway.

let me know if you will still have any problems

ta

Strat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec HD Passion+
My Location
Yorkshire
I downloaded the software labelled 'Firmware Passion+ HD Receiver ( October 31, 2008)'.
After installing it my receiver failed to work as before. When pressing the EPG button the preview box had the Fortec boot screen not the current programme. 7 day guide did not work at all and there were other problems.
I downloaded and installed the software labelled 'Firmware HD Passion +(plus) ( July 07, 2008)' and all was well again.
There does seem to be confusion over the Passion and Passion+ on Fortec's download site.:confused

Oldtimer37

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
Samsung LE40M8
My Location
Northants
There appears to have been a problem with the firmware on the FortecStar web-site. The problem was removed after the weekend and the latest firmware is now installed okay.;)

A new problem has been discovered, however. If I try and record beyond midnight using the timer mode I cannot access the hard drive after the record session ends. I get a "not fat 32" message.

However if I d/l the program onto my pc I can then use the"format" mode on the Passion+ to re format the hard drive before reconnecting to the pc and transferring the recording back to the hard drive. It will then play on the Passion+.

Has anyone else had this problem?

twiddley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion+ HD
My Location
Bedfordshire
Has anybody got Sky Sports News and Channel 4 HD on the Passion. I have read other threads that suggest you can get a Freesat Skycard, but where do you get a reader from, the CI slots are empty so I assume you have to get a CAM from somewhere.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
twiddley said:
Has anybody got Sky Sports News and Channel 4 HD on the Passion. I have read other threads that suggest you can get a Freesat Skycard, but where do you get a reader from, the CI slots are empty so I assume you have to get a CAM from somewhere.

Sorry but due to live link posting I have to delete the link,but Diablo Cam is one of the ways but you need other info which is available if you google the above cam

barney100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+ with fortec 65cm
My Location
surrey near guildford
the latest upgrade for passion+ is p2_av110_20090107, format your USB and unzip to the stick then using the menu go to S/W transfer choose front or rear USB insert stick and follow menu when it goes to file 1 press ok and reboot the reciever then rescan, channel 5 is found on 0366 and itv hd is located on channel 0005,

do not use factory reset as when I did it I lost channel 5,

the only problem I have is trying to move channel 5 (0366) to channel 0005 i have tried the channel edit mosaic select channel blue button move OK but nothing happens after that has anyone any ideas?

Derekw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+

windows vista
My Location
Leeds
wonder if you can help me? I am have trouble opening the download files, it says the file is not dnl. any suggestions?

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
barney100 said:
the latest upgrade for passion+ is p2_av110_20090107, format your USB and unzip to the stick then using the menu go to S/W transfer choose front or rear USB insert stick and follow menu when it goes to file 1 press ok and reboot the reciever then rescan, channel 5 is found on 0366 and itv hd is located on channel 0005,

do not use factory reset as when I did it I lost channel 5,

the only problem I have is trying to move channel 5 (0366) to channel 0005 i have tried the channel edit mosaic select channel blue button move OK but nothing happens after that has anyone any ideas?
Barney,My first ever update was done the way you describe and caused me problems,I now simply turn off the receiver main switch insert usb turn on player it does the update I switch off again by main switch,switch back on chose factory reset and every channel is in its proper order including Channel 5 which is embeded in the favourites (yellow star)the channel list is in numerical order with bbc1 as the first station and so on ITV HD is 112....:-danger Tony

barney100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+ with fortec 65cm
My Location
surrey near guildford
DEREKW

you must ensure that the file you download from fortecstar is the passion+ and when you extract it to your usb stick it should be p2_av110_20090107.dnl