Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
He missed his turning on the M25 and is doomed forever to circle the capital :-rofl2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Renault have been summoned to answer charges of race fixing in Singapore last year.

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8239001.stm

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Analoguesat said:
Renault have been summoned to answer charges of race fixing in Singapore last year.

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8239001.stm

If found guilty it wouldn't be much of a punishment if they took all points off them for this year. Cannot really think what would be appropriate in view of the Mclaren cheating saga and their heavy punishment

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
I can't see it being true, although you wouldn't of believed the Mclaren saga at 1st...
stranger things have happened like an exiting fisi going to a top team...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
misterminibus said:
I can't see it being true, although you wouldn't of believed the Mclared saga at 1st...
stranger things have happened like an exiting fisi going to a top team...

According to the F1 site I was reading yesterday, the pit to car transmission is about all the evidence they will need, very conclusive supposedly

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Frightening stuff for Renault, though I suspect that the owners will use this as an excuse to pull out, leaving Briatore high and dry and a space open for not one, but two possible new teams for 2010 following BMW's goodbye after '09.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
And knock on effects for Renault Engine Customers - although I see Mercedes are going for World Domination there, having just taken Equity in Brawn.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Might take a share, nothing confirmed as yet though such a move would be logical. No doubt, the FIA will try to regulate that before long.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
DEADLINE - SATURDAY 10:00 BST (10am) / 11:00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup for the Gran Premio Santander d'Italia.

To make changes, including qualifying predictions which must be submitted prior to every race, access the league homepage.

DRIVER CHANGES:
Ferrari - Luca Badoer (dropped) replaced by Giancarlo Fisichella
Force India - Giancarlo Fisichella (contract release) replaced by Viantonio Liuzzi*
* Liuzzi can be selected as Driver 3 within PFF1.

Italian Grand Prix timetable:
Times in BST, Monza = BST +1
Friday Practice 1 - 09:00-10:30
Friday Practice 2 - 13:00-14:30
Saturday Practice - 10:00-11:00
Saturday Qualifying - 13:00
Sunday Race - 13:00

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
[fieldset=Brawn GP bounce back with one-two at Monza] Hot from F1.com

attachment.php

Rubens Barrichello and Jenson Button took Brawn GP a significant step closer to both world championship titles at Monza on Sunday afternoon, in a race rendered dramatic by a last lap shunt for McLaren's Lewis Hamilton, as he was pushing hard in third place after Button. As expected, it was Hamilton who led from the start, using KERS in his lightly-fuelled McLaren to sprint ahead of Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen and Force ?ndia's Adrian Sutil...

More... [/fieldset]
Race Result | Driver Standings | Team Standings

F1 SupaLiga 2009

attachment.php

Full table and graph attached

Brawn GP returned to the dominant form of the opening months of the season with a 1-2 in Monza, as Rubens Barrichello took victory ahead of Jenson Brawn to make Brawn's lead in the team championship almost insurmountable, and more importantly close in on Button at the top. Rubeno and Brawn's win was a result of shrewd refuelling tactics which saw the Whites pass the polesitter and early race leader Lewis Hamilton. Hamilton's day was completely ruined when, in the final lap, the champion went beyond the limit and spun into the wall of the second Lesmo, handing Kimi Raikkonen 3rd place. Sebastian Vettel's title challenge is over as the German took only manage 8th, while Mark Webber crashed out in lap 1.

Red Bull's black Sunday was a disaster for Dazdazdazzy, whose BTTR team has fallen from 1st to 3rd with a miserable 85pts. This allowed both my Auto Dynamo and Norm's F1 Aberdeen to move up a place, now 1st and 2nd respectively.

Norm had one hell of day. Not only did he score a huge 158pts, ranking at 13th overall across PFF1 this race, but he is now right in the fight for the SupaLiga crown with only 22pts seperating my Dynamos from F1 Aberdeen. And that's not all - Norm and F1 Aberdeen have won the European Cup for the second time.

Topper and his Tossers will have to go some to overtake BTTR for 3rd place, but 133pts today is a good start to a late push. Champions Team Oily have fallen to 5th, but do end the chase for the European Cup in 2nd place. 5th to 9th remains remarkably compact with only a 39pts between Team Oily and Creatures

Team Wod (11th), Pro-Drive (8th) and Pretty Boy Flyers (15th) all jump up a place with scores of 129, 123 and 116 respectively. Well done wod, misterminibus and john_graydon.

NEXT RACE > SINGAPORE GP @ MARINA BAY - night/race > SEPTEMBER 27

Attachments

• F1SL Italy Short Table.png
    F1SL Italy Short Table.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 76
  • F1SL Italy Full Table.png
    F1SL Italy Full Table.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 24
  • F1SL Italy Graph.png
    F1SL Italy Graph.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 22
  • _46370736_gallery1ap.jpg
    _46370736_gallery1ap.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 76

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Lotus name will be back for 2010 - BMW Sauber have been dropped to 14th team status and are "first reserves" to replace any team that folds between now and the start of next season:

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8256295.stm

Bring back the classic black & gold livery :)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Can't imagine they'll do much better than getting into Q2, but then again they said that about Brawn. Good luck to them, nice to have the classic names in the championship, now all we need are turbos and six-wheelers :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
This has just come up on the BBC News ticker :

BREAKING NEWS:Renault accept guilt in Singapore race-fix row; boss Flavio Briatore leaves the team

So what punishment will they get? thrown out of the championship??

Pat Simonds has also left the team:

-http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5563045,00.html

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Blotty hell!

Thanks for that - will go read all about it.

Any suggestion Alonso was in on it? I don't think he was whiter than white with the McLaren scandal a couple of years ago, though he seemed to escape untarnished.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
According to some other recent articles I've just recapped, the matter, if proven (!), would be so serious as to possibly warrant permanent and eternal exclusion.

Perhaps the former BMW Team will now be able to move up from first reserve for next year's grid?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I have nothing but admiration for Nelson Piquet jnr, to sacrifice his career in the way he did to get these cheats out of the sport. I hope someone recognises that at some point, even though he was never a fast driver.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Unfortunately for Piquet, much apart from the fact that his a p-poor driver, his timely admission of this matter and accusations of blackmail will see excluded from F1 permanently. You can't claim to be a saint when, at one time, you were more then willing to hold the devil's hand.

Renault are out, I just can not believe the company will want to be associated with this in anyway. They'll pull out, even if they have to say compensation to Bernie/Max/FIA and they'll probably go after Briatore through the courts in some way.

This is a right bloody mess!!! Somehow, though, I doubt the Lotus entry, the new ownership of Sauber, and Sauber's possible late re-admission are not linked to this - the FIA knew they had pretty solid evidence and now have a team in place to replace Renault.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yeah I have to agree Renault are out one way or another.

As far as Im concerned putting a young drivers safety at DELIBERATE risk, not to mention potentially that of the marshals and the paying crowd is at least as serious the "spygate" issue from a couple of years ago.

At the very least a huge fine and disqualification from this season.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Another thing it guarantees is that Alonso will be at Ferrari next year, if not before then.