Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Topper said:
Another thing it guarantees is that Alonso will be at Ferrari next year, if not before then.

But what if it transpires he was party to the "event"? Not necessarily beforehand (assuming any plot was developed "on the hoof"), but more as an "accessory after the fact"?

He admitted during the McLaren spying affair that he and Pedro had some knowledge of various bits of "imported" data - will the amalgamation of these untoward goings on cause his own reputation to be tarnished?

Ferrari seem to be hedging their bets with their ever growing "stable" of drivers, so the odd hitch would hardly leave them lacking in resources.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I suppose you are correct we cannot predict what proportions this scandal will eventually assume and whom will be taken out by either flying debris or association. What I do think is wrong though is that the whistle blower should be treated in the way he is being, whilst party to the actions and now having sour grapes over events that have taken place since, he has at least come clean at his own expense,whereas, there are many in F1 who are still hiding secrets from the past.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I agree with you entirely.

And I suspect there will be a long chain of interlinked knock-on effects that will take a long time to eradicate.

For example, if Alonso falls from favour, how might that affect Santander's Sponsorship allegiance shifting to Ferrari?

It was already generally accepted that Alonso's future was the key to getting the Driver logjam shifting and I suspect a great detail of urgent reviewing of plans, Contracts, Sponsorship blah, blah, will be going on right now.

Personally, I find most of the scandals and intrigues within this Sport actually add something to the entertainment value - but I draw the line at acts which put lives at enhanced risk.

Salty25

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Alonso is going to Ferrari, of that there is no question. I'd go so far as to say that those at the top would even conceal anything that might link him to this, the fact that Spain has two races is indicative of the fact that Bernie and the FIA see Alonso has the cash cow which keeps the circus rolling financially.

I'm of two minds about Piquet in relation to this scandal, but the fact remains that he is not F1 quality. He might be able to get a seat at one of the new teams, but he is now a permanently marked man, for better or worse.

Also, with Renault pulling out it will reduce the range of engines available to the non-works teams - Mercedes, Ferrari, Cosworth and possibly Toyota.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Salty25 said:
I'm of two minds about Piquet in relation to this scandal, but the fact remains that he is not F1 quality. He might be able to get a seat at one of the new teams, but he is now a permanently marked man, for better or worse.

I am not in two minds at all I feel he has decided his own destiny and I hope he enjoys his new career as a landscape gardener. I am more having a pop at the media and other F1 forums who are saying things like he has brought the sport into disrepute, surely it is the Renault management that have done that not Piquet

Salty25

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Well, I suppose I should play devil's advocate here. Just how much pressure did Briatore put Piquet? Piquet is a young driver who is seemingly very fragile, it could very well be the case that he was forced into this and so scared that he couldn't come out to anyone about this, even his dad. Briatore does have form for treating his 2nd driver like dirt.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Renault verdict is in

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8266090.stm

2 year ban suspended for 2 years and Flav and Pat suspended..

Former team boss Flavio Briatore has been banned from FIA sanctioned events for an unlimited period.

Renault's ex-engineering director Pat Symonds has also been excluded from F1 for five years.

If they hadnt walked last week Renault would have been banned indefinitely as well.

A statement by the FIA added: "The council considers Renault F1's breaches relating to the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix to be of unparalleled severity.

"They not only compromised the integrity of the sport but also endangered the lives of spectators, officials, other competitors and Nelson Piquet Jr. himself.

"The WMSC considers that offences of this severity merit permanent disqualification from the FIA Formula One World Championship.

"However, in particular the steps taken by Renault F1 to identify and address the failings within its team and condemn the actions of the individuals involved, the WMSC has decided to suspend Renault F1's disqualification until the end of the 2011 season."

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
19 races next year - and a new location in South Korea:

This is on the BBC News ticker:

Forumla 1 - South Korea will host its first Grand Prix as part of a 19-race season in 2010

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Does Flav manage any current drivers - just found this quote on an F1 site regarding Flav's DQ:

As regards Mr. Briatore, the World Motor Sport Council declares that, for an unlimited period, the FIA does not intend to sanction any International Event, Championship, Cup, Trophy, Challenge or Series involving Mr. Briatore in any capacity whatsoever, or grant any license to any Team or other entity engaging Mr. Briatore in any capacity whatsoever. It also hereby instructs all officials present at FIA-sanctioned events not to permit Mr. Briatore access to any areas under the FIA’s jurisdiction. Furthermore, it does not intend to renew any Superlicence granted to any driver who is associated (through a management contract or otherwise) with Mr. Briatore, or any entity or individual associated with Mr. Briatore.

_http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/9/9953.html

Salty25

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I take it they don't like Flavio any more then :D The suspended ban seems a bit of a cop-out to me, I think some sort of race ban would have been better, ie a ban from the next three Singapore GPs.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Salty25 said:
Alonso is going to Ferrari, of that there is no question. I'd go so far as to say that those at the top would even conceal anything that might link him to this, the fact that Spain has two races is indicative of the fact that Bernie and the FIA see Alonso has the cash cow which keeps the circus rolling financially.

Nice touch getting Alonso to appear at the hearing so they could "clear" him.

It looks like your conviction about him going to Ferrari was well founded, Salty old chap.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Tivù said:
Nice touch getting Alonso to appear at the hearing so they could "clear" him.

It looks like your conviction about him going to Ferrari was well founded, Salty old chap.

Yes and post 340 comes before 344 :D

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Topper said:
Yes and post 340 comes before 344 :D

I take all your musings as Gospel :-stpats

Salty25

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
DEADLINE - SATURDAY 12:00 BST (12pm, Midday) / 13:00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup for the Singtel Singapore Grand Prix - night/race.

To make changes, including qualifying predictions which must be submitted prior to every race, access the league homepage.

F1 SupaLiga | Full Game Rules for Pure Fantasy F1 | List of TV Broadcasters | LIVE and delayed coverage from BBC
(All PFF1 pages are also visible in German)

Singapore Grand Prix timetable:
Times in BST, Singapore = BST +7
Friday Practice 1 - 11:00-12:30
Friday Practice 2 - 14:30-16:00
Saturday Practice - 12:00-13:00
Saturday Qualifying - 15:00
Sunday Race - 13:00

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Two of Renaults main sponsors have quit with immediate effect - ING & Mutura

Who is going to want to touch them now??

Salty25

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Analoguesat said:
Two of Renaults main sponsors have quit with immediate effect - ING & Mutura

Who is going to want to touch them now??

Jimmy Saville?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Salty25 said:
Jimmy Saville?

I'll have to sleep on that response....did I miss something from never having bought newpapers?

Salty25

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Jim'll fix it....

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Salty25 said:
Jim'll fix it....

Undoubtedly he will if he is still able to he must be knocking on now.