Newbie stressed

taggy0666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
max1000 thru sky dish(at the moment)
My Location
bebington wirral
Hi all, i have just purchased a maxx1000, i have set it all up and am getting signal 83 quality 67, and am getting bits and bobs onscreen, i have plugged it into the internet as well, but on a lot of channels i am getting scrambled channel DNS update am using astra 19e, i am only using a sly dish at the moment, can anyone help?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I'm not familiar with that particular Receiver, but that probably isn't an issue at this stage.

Exactly what "bits and bobs" are you getting on screen?

You say you are using a Sky Dish, but how do you know it's actually aligned to 19.2E as opposed to any other strong Satellite position?

It is an all too common error to assume a dish is on the correct Satellite when it isn't - and whatever Receiver you use there will be problems relating what you think you've got with what you've actually got: ie If you scan "19.2E" when the dish is actually pointing to Hotbird, or Astra 2, you'll get some results, owing to the common frequencies etc, but not the results you want. The Receiver does not know where you are pointing the dish.

taggy0666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bebington wirral
Hi thanks for the quick response, i am getting a lot of foreign channels, i have repositioned the dish and the only satellite it says its picking up is astra 19e its not picking up hotbird, the person i bought it off has pre loaded the software for me, basically you plug it into the internet and the servers unscramble the scrambled, but it aint doing that, am a bit confused at the moment as this is my first non-sky receiver

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
What exactly are you after receiving, you've not made that clear enough in your post.

Assume also your referring to a payserver.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Please list half a dozen of the Channels you are actually getting.

taggy0666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bebington wirral
Hi, i am not sure what i am after, as regards a payserver am not sure i was advised to get this as opposed to a technomate because this is supposed to open a lot more similar to a protek 9600, the person i bought it off was supposed to send me info with all the proxy servers and the website i needed but hasnt so am stuck really, am not the most patient of people with niggly stuff.
sorry if i seem a bit thick but am thinkin i have bitten off more than i can chew, i had a starview box in the past and that was simple

taggy0666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bebington wirral
I am not getting anything now the system keeps switching to hotbird 13e of which i am getting no signal

taggy0666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bebington wirral
Have just rescanned the box and am getting a lot of german mature content channels, the oinly english fta is daystar a religious channel, if that helps

taggy0666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bebington wirral
extremador and orf are a couple of of foreign language

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ok, that demonstrates you are actually on 19.2E, as far as I can determine.

As you know, you can only get Channels from the Satellite you are aligned to, but if you are aligned to 19.2E and scan the "Hotbird" Satellite in your Receiver, you will get some results owing to common parameters used across the arc, but they still be 19.2E Channels.

Anyway, at least we have a match!

What sort of Scan have you done? Was it a pre-stored Transponder list, or does the box have Auto/Blind scan?

Getting a full complement of the FTA Channels would seem to be the next logical step ............. Presumably you know about listings sites eg _http://www.flysat.com/astra19.php which will help see what is where?

taggy0666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bebington wirral
When i go onto the hotbird satellite, it shows a signal of around 55 but the quality is 0, do know anything about the proxy servers, do i enter the same proxy number that is on my internet router? By the way i do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to help me Thank you

taggy0666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bebington wirral
basically i go on the menu select the satellite i want, and scan. the box does have DiSEqC1.2 motor control if that helps.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Forget the pay channels for the time being - get the box set up and working properly with the free stuff. Then you have one less item to consider when something doesnt work.

Are you gettng solid pictures with good signal strength and quality?

taggy0666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bebington wirral
Have scanned a few satellites sirius,bonum,nilesat,hispasat and astra 28 and have loads of channels but not many english speaking ones and nothing of the likes of bbc etc, i do appreciate all help, thank you

taggy0666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bebington wirral
Yeah, signal strength about 85 and quality is 70

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, but as I've already said, you can only get Channels from the Satellite you are aligned to - nowhere else. And you are aligned to 19.2E.

When you scan a "Satellite", you are just applying a data table. It contains some info that happens to be similar to that on other "Satellites" so you'll get some results - but they are still from 19.2E, whichever "Satellite" you Scan!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes - taggy you need to realise that the same block of frequencies are reused over and over again in multiple locations around the satellite arc. If your dish is pointing at Astra 1 and you scan other satellites you will get some channels appear, but they are only where the frequences in use coincide on both satellites.

For example Bonum 1 is in your satellite data table, but its not possible to receive anything off it in the UK as the bird is firing into Siberian Russia.

If you ant the UK free channels you need to realign your dish to Astra 2 at 28E.

taggy0666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bebington wirral
Okay, i get you, the old grey matter is lacking have been doing this since 11 this morning, how can i get the likes of our english fta channels on for now?

taggy0666

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bebington wirral
Is that the same location as sky? Have got freeview thinking about it for fta, any ideas about unscrambling. That was the idea behind getting this receiver, i was told that once plugged into my internet it would auto unscramble but i guess the guy hasnt put the right server numbers in and i have no idea which website to go on to get them.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
taggy0666 said:
Okay, i get you, the old grey matter is lacking have been doing this since 11 this morning, how can i get the likes of our english fta channels on for now?

By shifting the dish about 9 degrees further East and a couple of degrees down ........... to 28.2E.

The FTA Channels are the same ones as "on Sky" and/or "on Freesat"!