rebroadcasting of BBC signals etc

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
La Gomera is the name of another of the Canary Ilses to the south of Tenerife, it also literally means rubber tree, which is how the translation software has treated it. So in the translation wherever you see "rubber" replace it with the name "La Gomera"

Ian

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
teide_ian said:
"La Gomera"

Ian
And what would one of those be then?:-tree

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
Okay I will attempt to translate Julio's message as best as I can.

Julio, me disculpo si la tema no esta correcto cien por cien

"Hi all, I have broken the coding system they use in the decoders. All they do is hide the PID but all you need to break this is to read the ROM of the decorder each time they change it. I have the memory (software?) of the LASAT transmitor in La Gomera and can read the menu ("access the system" I presume).
If anyone out there speaks Spanish we can share the ideas that I have behind the system as I already know where their re-transmitters are.

If you have the balls, give me a functioning decoder each time they change the PID and I can duplicate the changes and get it working again as it was before. I have 20 boxes already cloned in La Gomera.

I am Spanish but I know electronics very well and the re-transmitting company. I intend to stop them screwing you (loose translation of "stealing your ribs). They have many complaints from telecoms authorities but they buy them off (guessing at bribe here) with a share of profits gleaned off their English customers.

You think all Spanish are dickheads (nicest translatin of gilipollas I can think of) but we are not the same.

From a Spainiard who can remove many of your problems"

If that makes more sense to you all well good luck. Unfortunately where I live in Tenerife means we cant pick up the signals anyway.......No Janet I am not installing a 3M dish so you can watch Eastenders!!!!

Mazda-mick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Dish with sky box in Tenerife,
Standard sky system and cable tv in the UK not very impressive but i am working on it.
My Location
W Yorks and Tenerife
Just dump and flash the tsop and you have a cloned box.

Nice to see some posts on the subject.

Power to the people, happy christmas to everybody and long live free TV.

Regards Mazda-mick

stuzeeuk

Dont eat yellow snow
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88, mulitblock
13E, 19E, 28E
DM 800HD
My Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Guys,

Im not sure if this will be of use or not ....however, they rebroadcast TV out here using a directional arial. I still have the box and packaging they left when they came round to install it.

The company is called Southern Network Limited and the package is called Sun TV. All is legal here, the website address is http://suntv.org/. Although looking at this it seems worse then useless.

Here's what I have ........

1 - Integrated MMDS DownConverter, Model:DS-305, gain 37db, Lo Mhz 1838. I dont know who the manufactrurer is, this is the closest looking picture I could find.

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/yoohon/offer-detailQTxmLnJdDpCf/Sell-MMDS-Down-Converter-YH4023-.html

1 - Sun TV adapter (It looks like a pre amp)
1 - Digital MMDS receiver. (Mine is a Kaon K220, although my friends have different types)(similar to this one http://www.padredefamilia.com/es/dept_24.html)
1 - Conax card, updated monthly by Sun TV

If this is any use and you want anything else let me know.

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
Just come back from a friends house here who has a re-tran system.I managed to get a peek at some of the info screens,(although its pin-locked for installation).The first screen gave these details:-

PCR 4161
Video 4162
Audio 4163
Freq. 418 MHz
S/r 6667 KS/s

There were 3 other info screens full of info namely:-

IRD Status
CA Status
Loader Status.

The box is a "Coship"-not sure which model,but I definitely remember one of the 3 screens saying"This service is presently UNscrambled".The freq.seems strange for a satellite receiver?.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all.

enoc

What?
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0 m OffSet dish - Astra II
1.2 m Offset dish - Astra & Hot Bird
0.60 mts Hispasat
0.60 mts Nilesat

Box Kaon 570 & Pace 2600
My Location
Tenerife - Canary Islands
benidormgary said:
...................Freq. 418 MHz

.....................The freq.seems strange for a satellite receiver?.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all.

This frecuency is for cable receivers DVB-C

Happy Xmas

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
enoc said:
This frecuency is for cable receivers DVB-C
Happy Xmas

Thanks,enoc-does this mean that this particular box has probably been modified,or are some models capable of finding these frequencies on a blind search?.:-hny

richard_s

richard_s
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
live on a complex on complex system + a bit more ;)
My Location
tenerife
for the la gomera and arona transmitters you will need to fit an in line amp and a filter/dc block then tune the filter to obtain a picture that is if you have the PIDs
the antennas are vertical polarisation

that help?

lezb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion m3 combo/clarke tech2000/kaon pvr 1.2 with actuator 85cm motorized42 E to30W
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain
Any clue to the type of system operating on the costa blanca regarding retransmission via 2.4 ghz line of sight as to downconverter type.
thanks in advance
lezb

Dan Dan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
19/26/28 1m
My Location
tenerife
sorry mate but the system here in tenerife is backed by an arab warlord who is aledgedly wanted for gun running to the middle east.

lezb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion m3 combo/clarke tech2000/kaon pvr 1.2 with actuator 85cm motorized42 E to30W
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain
THORtenerife said:
sorry mate but the system here in tenerife is backed by an arab warlord who is aledgedly wanted for gun running to the middle east.

Tenerife........Costa Blanca.......??????????????????
lezb

roberto mafara

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600C1 DM800HD Vu+Duo
Laminas ofc 1200 triax 1100
Black ultra lnb
My Location
BenissaCosta Costablanca
Where abouts are you in Costa Blanca???

I am in Javea

lezb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain
A little way to the North of you my friend in Oliva.
lezb

roberto mafara

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600C1 DM800HD Vu+Duo
Laminas ofc 1200 triax 1100
Black ultra lnb
My Location
BenissaCosta Costablanca
lezb said:
Any clue to the type of system operating on the costa blanca regarding retransmission via 2.4 ghz line of sight as to downconverter type.
thanks in advance
lezb

Hi here in Javea they use technisat digit m4 k receiver downconveter type

lo frequency 2278mhz
if 222-408mhz

they transmit program around 370

I saw if from a friends house:)

koy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC, XP, Skystar1 CI, 2.4m Dish, 4output LNB, 3 Sky Digital Recivers, for Sky Digital Uk in Spain.
My Location
Valencia, Spain.
Hi all, I , read all this but dont seem to be getting to far as understanding how this is done, I, live in, Benissa, and have the system and, I, dont pay for it and never will the quality is quite $h!t on most channels when compared to sky digital, I, know the frequencies for round here if anyone wants them there are no locks on the box, I, have? I, can see every thing that is used in the installation, but dont know what the name of things are and where to buy. This is not my area of work, got a good day job and not looking to make money just save a thew quid fitting myself another system on a rental property, I,own. Can anyone help me in telling me what the parts are, I, require, can provide pics if need be, where, I, can buy and also if, I, need to connect the box to my, PC, to mode it, how and what, I, need to do this.

many thanx and hope, I, can help you in return.

Regards,

koy.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
A similar system runs in Villaricos, Almeria. We live in a apartment, about 20m from the mast, i could receive the channels on a bog standard ariel, but with alot of interfierence, they are broadcast in the VHF range, way below where the spanish channels emit.

koy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC, XP, Skystar1 CI, 2.4m Dish, 4output LNB, 3 Sky Digital Recivers, for Sky Digital Uk in Spain.
My Location
Valencia, Spain.