Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
jaytapp said:
Set the dish in roughly the right direction and angle. As I want to recieve Astra1 28.2E.

Yes but if you have not set the receiver to receive a frequency SR and FEC that is being transmitted on 28.2 East then you will get no picture. From what I have read previously I do not think 28.2 is a default satellite on the SL65 but I may be wrong. Check here to make sure your receiver is set to a valid transponder frequency SR and FEC

jaytapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SilverCrest SL65
(Trying to get it to work)
My Location
Kent
Topper

Thanks for your thoughts.....I've started another thread on this one

Silvercrest SL65 Install Problems (Astra2 28.8E)

But here is a copy of my reply

Good and bad news I'm afraid to say. :) O-no

I adjusted everything to the right positions...LNB skew to 25 minutes to the hour from behind the dish...elevation was out so using the guide on the rear of the dish now set to 25 degrees...the azimuth (direction) 146 degrees actually slightly more as using magnetic north.

Then ensured Astra 28.2E was selected in the set up and checked that the TP frequency was set to 10714 which it was. Used a Satfinder to double check and it showed a strong signal.

Then performed an Auto Scan and found loads of channels....
Turk Shop
Turk Spor
Turk TV
Ordu TV
Hayat TV
Istanbul TV
Hilal TV........ so I assume that’s Turksat 42E found then ha ha.
(But as I’m new to this I may be wrong, but have written down the whole list of channels)

After finding these channels I did do a further check in the Antenna Set Up Menu to ensure I was still on Astra 28.2E and 10714 and it was.

So the big question....where is the holy grail Astra 28.2E from here???

I marked this position on the mounting pole, and leaving the skew and elevation as it was. I've tried moving the dish left to right (viewing from behind the dish). The Satfinder has found two more strong signals one each side of my mark, about 5mm either side. I did retry an Auto Scan at both locations but nothing, and no pictures.

Apologies for going on a bit here, but just want to give as much info as possible.

Any ideas, thoughts or instructions, to get Astra 28.8E gladly received

Thanks again

BryanF

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SilverCrest SL65
My Location
Midlands
Joining this thread in the hope someone can help.
Just bought a SL65 from Lidl but when I set it up I got “no signal”. I got a reading of 82% intensity but only 14% quality. Moved the equipment to a friends who bought one at the same time, his works fine, mine no joy. I exchanged the unit. The second one is the same. Is it me or is it back to Lidl
Thanks

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pretend to know what I'm doing. Only the clever ones rumble me.
My Location
S. Yorks

jaytapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SilverCrest SL65
(Trying to get it to work)
My Location
Kent
Yorks,

Does fluctuation in signal intensity and quality mean you have a good connection with the F connectors??

Mark Schuster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest-Comag
SL65
My Location
Hertfordshire - AL87JW
I too got a SilverCrest SL65 satellite receiver from Lydl and it works perfectly, but... for everything except UK FreeView. Signal strength and quality on Astra 28.2E is good, same as default Astra 19.2E, which seems to be so close in the sky that I don't need to reset the dish. I get lots of channel on 28.2 but except BBC World, none of the big 5. BBC, ITV etc. I've tried re-scanning but that doesn't help. What am I doing wrong? Anyone else got the same trouble?
Mark
:confused

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S. Yorks
If you are getting BBC World then you are not pointing at 28E. BBC World does not broadcast on 28E

If you are pointing at 19.2E then you will not receive any channels from 28E without moving your dish. Although you may get a signal, this is only because some of the channels on different satellites share similar frequencies.

Yorks.

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S. Yorks
jaytapp said:
Yorks,

Does fluctuation in signal intensity and quality mean you have a good connection with the F connectors??

If you are not getting a good signal it is something to check. Once you have eliminated that, the other variable between your setup and your friend's - I presume you mean your receiver works fine on his - is your dish position.

Yorks

Mark Schuster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest-Comag
SL65
My Location
Hertfordshire - AL87JW
Yorks said:
If you are getting BBC World then you are not pointing at 28E. BBC World does not broadcast on 28E ....
Yorks.
)(-red
Embarrased, I should say so, and I did broadcast television at the end of the 50s when we could just about attain 45MHz (sorry 45,000,000 c/s) and get a reasonably stable horizonatal flyback with 405 lines. Now.. Arthur Clark has a lot to answer for.
The point is, it doesn't help to live in a wood. On my fifth attempt, with the dish clamped to a step-ladder, I found a gap in the trees and Astra 28.2E. And the BBC1 - don't know what else as it began to rain and I had to rush a borrowed portable TV and the satellite receiver into the house.
Anyhow, thanks York and the rest of you guys for putting me right.
If you want to see what a handycam looked like in 1958, take a look here at me half a century ago.
http://panoradiant.co.uk/oddsods/oddsset.htm
It's the last item in the list
Mark http://panoradiant.co.uk
:p

einstein85

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SILVERCREST SL65
My Location
ROMFORD/ ESSEX
i am just surprised when all of you guys saying that you are getting them channels, all i get from it just all the itv, bbcs and a total of 20 boring channels, cannot get no channels from outside of the uk like the rai, german or italian or french. few of them there is no signal, some of them the signals are above 60% but still cannot get them it just dark, the screen, i moved my dish all over but still cannot get any german or italian, or french channels. i live in essex and iam using the lidl dish.

anyone can help me please

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
einstein85 said:
i am just surprised when all of you guys saying that you are getting them channels, all i get from it just all the itv, bbcs and a total of 20 boring channels, cannot get no channels from outside of the uk like the rai, german or italian or french. few of them there is no signal, some of them the signals are above 60% but still cannot get them it just dark, the screen, i moved my dish all over but still cannot get any german or italian, or french channels. i live in essex and iam using the lidl dish.

anyone can help me please

Sounds like you're in need of a tutorial, see here:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...orial-installing-pointing-satellite-dish.html

:)

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Does anyone have a patch and instructions on how to do it for the 65 of 32 years ago ?

andysly

Reaction score
mrminibus said:
Does anyone have a patch and instructions on how to do it for the 65 of 32 years ago ?

there are many patches for the sl65/12 sl65 b1 chip. google my username with truman patched ..

many things are open on the sl65 atm regular updates and k3y$

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Mine is the 1st sl65 aldi sold I patched it ages ago for tps but thats long finished how would I know if its the b1?

amg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sl 65
My Location
Portugal
Hi everyone!
I just bought a SL 65 Silvercrest from Lidl in PORTUGAL too. I get 70-80% of signal intensity but the signal quality stays at 14% . I move slowly the LNB I tried everything (I think...) but it remains the same. I'm new to the subject. Why it doesn't change ?
I apreciate any help
tks amg

damien

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SilverCrest SL 65, Antenna CO 55 and Digital Twin LNB
My Location
offaly ireland

Hi. I have a SilverCrest SL 65 Satelite system. I have it all put together as the manuel instructions say.
During setup, I can get all the OSD and Channel lists for TV and Radio.
During insalation the OSD says I have 98-100% signal but 0% quality.

Can anyone tell me if they have the same problem and if there is any way of fixing it.

This is the second system i bought after having the same problem with the first one

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum damien

Ok there is insufficient information in your post to be able to begin guessing what your problem is.
I would point out that there are some very good howtos on the forum in the appropriate sections on how to set up a dish lnb and stb
As regards the missing info
Firstly are you using an existing dish and lnb, if not how have you determined where you are pointing the dish?

Secondly have you checked you have made the F- connections correctly on the cable?

Thirdly is your stb set on a channel using an existing transponder on 28.2 East? if not it will not pick up any signal quality therefore will leave you groping in the dark.
Have a look at lyngsat.com for details.

JAKOBITE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SilverCrest SL 65
My Location
Perth Scotland
JAMBOliam said:
so u think the 57" will be enough ?

I have a 57cm dish and a 80cm dish and get the same signal quality (80-84) and signal intensity (90-92) regardless of which dish I use, and I live in Perthshire, Scotland.

ditechspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Siulvercrest sl65/12
mac computers
My Location
Valencia Spain
Hi, I got the sl 65/12 12 volt version to use in Valencia, Spain and am using it with a proprietary 80 cm dish to receive Astra 19.2 and Hotbird. It was amazingly easy to install it for these satellites, and only took about a minute ( although I had spent ages making sure that the mounting was absolutely true etc). Never having had access to a tv satellite before, I was expecting to have to spend hours on the process.

Now I would like to add Nilesat using the tiny dish that came with the set, but am having no success at all, at least partly because I don't find the instructions for adding a new, not pre-set, satellite at all easy to follow. They seem to assume a level of theoretical knowledge I don't have.

Do I need to enter settings in the following categories that come up on the menu?
Tp
LNB frequency
Transmission frequency
TP
Symbol rate
Polarity

I can work out what LNB & transmission frequency and Polarity are, but what about Tp , TP and Symbol Rate? And, possibly more important, where can I find the settings if I need them? I've spent a fair time googling, but I haven't found a site with the answers (or possibly i have, but can't understand them)?

Or do I just have to point it in the right direction and scan? Would it help if I disconnected the other two LNBs until the process was complete.

Thanks for any replies. I also suspect that the dish may be too small, so any views on that would be welcome as well.

Other than that, my only reservation is that just having the channel number on the receiver, with no indication of the satellite or favourites section it is in, makes it difficult to use in radio mode with standalone speakers without also having the television on, which always seems a waste of energy to me, given I am short on solar and battery capacity..

Nenuda

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest sl 65
My Location
Ireland
Silvercrest sl-65 - very happy with it'O'-red
dish 80cm
tuned on Astra 28.2

But wtf too many channels from Germany? I am getting around 2 - 3 channels from UK, Ireland channels not at all and many many Germans channels with hot girls a phone numbers displayed on the screen.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Been trying to use Astra 19 and 28 also, no change. Still getting same :

aroung 500 German channels.:eek:

Sorry abt the lack of info. am pretty new in this and recession hits everywhere...so just looking for cheaper version of home TV entertainment :)