Silvercrest SL 65 Receiver

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
Nenuda said:
Silvercrest sl-65 - very happy with it'O'-red
dish 80cm
tuned on Astra 28.2

But wtf too many channels from Germany? I am getting around 2 - 3 channels from UK, Ireland channels not at all and many many Germans channels with hot girls a phone numbers displayed on the screen.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Been trying to use Astra 19 and 28 also, no change. Still getting same :

aroung 500 German channels.:eek:

Sorry abt the lack of info. am pretty new in this and recession hits everywhere...so just looking for cheaper version of home TV entertainment :)

Your dish is pointed at 19.2E by the sounds of it. This location shares many of the same frequencies as 28.2E so thats why your scan picked up the German channels. Move it round to the east by 9 degrees and lower the elevation slightly.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I also have this receiver SL65/2CI

Is there's ability it to cycle only trough channels in favorite menu, instead of cycling around all sats?

dids858

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised dish with Icecrypt 1.2
My Location
UK - Yorks
Just bought one of these and it looks good think I need to adjust the LNB connections.

As I am getting a

Signal Intenstify 80%
Signal Quality 14%

But I keep reading about modifying the box if I do this what extra am I getting?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum dids858

well what channels if any are you receiving currently?, how have you aligned your dish?, what satellite/channels do you want to watch?
Forget about modifying until you actually have the basics working

dids858

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK - Yorks
Thanks,

I have been aiming at astra 19 and 28 but nothing changes. I have read elsewhere that it might be the LNB cables not fitted fully.

Do you know if I can view using my laptop due to the port on the back of the box?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
dids858 said:
Thanks,

I have been aiming at astra 19 and 28 but nothing changes. I have read elsewhere that it might be the LNB cables not fitted fully.

Well you haven't answered one of the questions I asked... How are you aiming at those two satellites? both at the same time? are you moving the dish by hand What do you mean cables, how many cables are there and why more than one?

You need to describe what you have and how you are going about doing it in greater detail
dids858 said:
Do you know if I can view using my laptop due to the port on the back of the box?

Before thinking about anything else like viewing on your laptop (which I doubt you can do) I suggest you actually attain a working channel viewed through your TV

In the absence of any feedback information from you to my original questions, I can only suggest you read the dish setup guides
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dish-setup-single-sat-multi-sat-motorised-systems/

dids858

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK - Yorks
I have been using a sat compass which comes with the box. in various postions. Moving by hand as there is no motor.

There is one lead, F conection from box to dish I think I need to check this as there are different diagrams on how the connector should be fitted to the cable on here than in the manual.

As for the laptop I was just wondering for referance.

dids858

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK - Yorks
Good news I have got it working got astra 19.2, 23 & 28 hope to try more soon.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
dids858 said:
Good news I have got it working got astra 19.2, 23 & 28 hope to try more soon.

Well done :)

Nice little boxes, these, albeit with a few quirks!

Brigg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag sl55
Silvercrest sl65
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
Hi all.
My SL-65 had been in the cupboard since last year. I took it out last night and discovered that the remote control will not operate the receiver via 2.4ghz AV senders/remote extenders.
The remote works fine when pointed directly at the receiver, just not via the video senders.
When I first bought the sl-65 last year, it had no problem operating via the video senders. I tried two different pairs of AV senders, neither can operate the sl-65, but both can operate a comag sl-55 perfectly.

My setup requires the use of av senders, feeding satellite cable to the TV is too awkward. If I cannot get this problem resolved, buying a new FTA receiver would be my preferred option. I wonder if anyone has any ideas? :)

Incidently, the comag sl-55 is almost 5 years old and still works as good as new, despite being subjected to all sorts of abuse in its early days!

Alenaksi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest satellite
My Location
Kumanovo
How can i decode it?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland

asho456

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest SL65 receiver
My Location
Kildare
i bought it a while ago and am looking to unscramble the sport and movie channels is there any way to do that

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The short answer is No.

The longer answer is almost certainly still No.

Only SL65s with a particular chipset (several were used, IIRC) could ever be patched and it isn't that easy to find out what you've got anyway.

Even if you proved it was the patchable one, there is very little indeed "open" these days, apart from Digi TV at 1W ------- and even that is expected to become crack-proof imminently.

Sorry.

SatelCis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL 65/12
My Location
Flanders
Hi,
My receiver is a small Silvercrest SL65/12 (Lidl).
I changed my TV last week. I used to watch on a 77cm widescreen classic tv and now I've bought a 107cm widescreen lcd-tv.
The satellite receiver is linked via scart.
My picture quality is 70% - 72%. On my 77cm tv, I had an excellent image and I enjoyed watching it. But now on my 107cm lcd TV, I have a VERY pixelated image. It's really disturbing. Even sitting 3 meters away, I can still see the little 'blocks'.
What could be the solution to this ?
Thanks in advance,
SatelCis

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well I should revert briefly to the 77cm just to finally confirm the Receiver/TV combination still works as you remember.

Then, barring getting an HD receiver (which may help on SD Channels depending upon how good the Receiver's own upscaling is), all you can really do is play around with the various settings on your new TV to get the best perceived viewing.

Does the new TV have an integrated DTT Tuner? If so (and assuming you have DTT in Flanders ???), how is the picture when watching that?

SatelCis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL 65/12
My Location
Flanders
Hi,
Thanks for your swift answer.
The image via Digital TV (Flemish TV in HD, BBC in HD, etc) is just perfect.
It really is the image from the SL65 only. I have now changed the 'image out' to 4:3LB so that I have a smaller image on my LCD.
I consider upgrading and buying a new receiver that also has a HDMI output.

SatelCis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL 65/12
My Location
Flanders
I replied to your answer but my reply is nowhere to be seen... :-(

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
As you're a new member, your Posts may go into a Moderation queue if they contain certain references.

I'm sure a Mod will see it soon and deal with it.