Tutorial :- How To Use New Sky UK Card In Your Dreambox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
i had to reload the hole thing and got it running.
there is another problem there is another audio there
for the blind.
how do i turn off the audio?
this is new to me i never knew sky sends out stereo as well as blind naration?

thanks
ralph
pd how do i turn off that audio??

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello to all
update
those boxes are a life saver.
the dm500 runs and runs.
it never asks for a pin
it never locks out
it runs 24/7
and one card runs 2 boxes.
one card can even run 5 boxes as well.
the extra audio for the blind can be turned off.

ralph

newzapper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD, ASUS PC
My Location
Norway
ralphmagno said:
hello,
has someone ever measured the supply voltage at the sky box card reader to comfirm this is for sure 5 v dc?
if this box has always been 5 volts than its is unlikly that sky sent a software out to make it run at 3.3 v dc.

i dont know the pin out on the reader but there should be supply voltage,ground, clock input, and data out.
if the supply on the sky box is the same as the dream box 5 v dc then there may be a heat problem with the dream box as b16mcc was saying

small fan like on computers would fix it
ralph

or ps a small ziner regulator diode soldered to the 5 v supply pin of the card reader would regulate the 5 v dc to 3 or 3.3v depending on the value
of the diode
ralph

Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble getting a Smargo reader working on a DM8000HD. While I see no signs of burning on the card I was using, it broke down. That may be my own fault, I left the card in the reader while working to find a working configuration for Cccam. I must however admit that I have not yet been able to figure out what, if any preparatory steps I should have done before connecting the unit. Anyway, the card is gone and I'll have to get a new one.

But being an old hand with the soldering iron, I got to thinking about measures that could be taken to eliminate the problem altogether - like lowering the voltage.

So your post caught my eye, and I would like to learn more. But here are some of my own ideas: Would it be possible to fix an internal reader in the same manner, i.e. using a zener diode? Alternatively, I suppose an appropriate number of serially connected regular diodes on the +5v line should work too. As I suppose you know, such diodes have a fixed voltage drop in the direction of conduction. (IIRC, 0.65 volt?)

I don't know what's been changed, card burning must be something new. Never heard about it before buying new tuner and getting a new subscription.

Also, what about readers from other tuners, like the ones the sat companies often give away with new subscritions; might it be possible to use one of them to replace an internal unit of a Dreambox? That is, if they are designed for a +5v input, wouldn't that mean they are made with internal voltage conditioning?

I would find it very comfortable if I could use an internal reader instead of the Smargo

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ralphmagno said:
the extra audio for the blind can be turned off.

It can be turned off on Sky boxes as well :D

nohimx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein 910
My Location
Cyprus
Hello guys!
Just need your advice. First of all I have expirience with cardsharing - i already setup few homes for my friends with few tv in different rooms using dm500 (newcs +mgcamd) for the Russian sat provider. No i have one customer who need to watch SKY UK, he planning to get 3 HD TV's in his house. So i wondering if i can setup local cardsharing stuff for him using dm800 or any other receivers. I am planning to buy original box from uk with the card - i have some friends living in UK. Is this way will work for the last SKY UK cards? Is it any difficults there that i may not bypass?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nohmix. We are a UK based forum. Directly asking how to defraud the UK based pay tv provider is really not a good idea. Any member of staff OR general member answering your questions could leave themselves and the forum open to prosecution, and Im pretty sure none of the staff fancy being interrogated by the very expensive lawyers that Sky UK can afford

Thread closed to prevent future questions along the same lines..

Status
Not open for further replies.