Status
Not open for further replies.

anniman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
scotland
the box key is required for premium channels, movies and sports so you can get sky 1 without. i did get mine to work with the box model serial off the back sticker

sirsmilealot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox dm600
My Location
UK
Hello B16MCC,

Firstly, cracking little program you've written for generating config files - nice one!

Sorry to be a pest but I was hoping you may be able to help me find a suitable version of NewCS 1.67 RC1 that will run on the DM600 with the PLi Jade image installed? I'd copy the relevant files across manually only I can't seem to find where they're meant to reside on this image.

I'm planning on using MGCamd as per your tutorial in order to keep the entitlements updated.

Cheers,

Paul.

Atomicbullet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Motorised
My Location
Barnsley
Anyone help me here? I've installed cccam 2.1.1 and uploaded the ccCAM.cfg back up to my box, the file contains.
Code:
#BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 ** ** ** **
#PIN: /dev/sci0 2326
but i am still not getting anything on any pay channel at all, there is probably something really simple to sort this but its my first time with anything like this :p

Thanks

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
You Need at least CCcam 2.13 to read a Sky Uk white card.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Also those lines are commented out. (#) so they will do nothing at all. As tom says, install the latest CCcam 2.1.4 and remove the hashes (#) from the lines in your config.

Atomicbullet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Motorised
My Location
Barnsley
I've had a search around and i am finding it hard to get 2.1.4 installed. I have an eagle box but only 2.1.3 is listed under the emu's. I have FTP access just not sure which file to download and where to put it without messing it up.

Cheers

BOSS_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dream 500 in 20 MB DSL lab top hp pavilion
My Location
EgYpT
i read in some forums that using internal cam in dream 500 for wight card for sky uk

Be careful if your intending or presently using your new White Sky card in none Sky receivers the card gets very hot because the internl reader of a DM runs at 5v and the new White card is only supposed to run at 3.3v.

so no way to test friends

is it true or what ?????? or should i use phoenix to run the card safely

need to be sure regards

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
read the tutorial, it tells you how to run the card.

Cynderyn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
Sky-HD
Humax-HDR
My Location
Wales
Hi
Firstly and most importantly thank you for original post which I have found very informative.

Please can you help me further given although I have many years experience with PC I am a complete novice with dream box setting up. I have recently purchased a DM 500s (clone) to test the water before I spend out on more OEM expensive option which hopefully will be delivered in the near future.

I would like if possible to use my white s|y card on a temporary basis in the internal reader of the DM500S when I go holidays in the UK. I have PC laptop and USB to RS232 cablesI have downloaded 2 images for the DM500 (Darkstar2_DM500, Gemini_0460_DM500_NObomb) and CCCAM 2.13 and CCCAM 2.14) but at present what image is best or how you install or configure CCAM software I do not know how.

Can you please outline the steps required to do this

Many Thanks
Cynderyn

anniman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
scotland
i take it you know how to flash your box. what image you use is up to your choice based on how you like them, try both and see which one suits you. as for the cccams you will be able to download and install of the servers using your box. its a lot quicker and easier

cds1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefrontier T90 12,5W-28,5E
DM8000
First of all, thanks for the tutorial.

Some users report that the white card doesn't get any updates anymore with CCcam 2.1.4...

Do you have any info about that? Does it still work with 2.1.3?

M0usey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s
My Location
Hampshire
as for the cccams you will be able to download and install of the servers using your box. its a lot quicker and easier.
How? Please can you elaborate of how you go about doing this. I flashed new image (DarkStar2), then plug in onto my tv, did the scan, but only got back a few chanels like BBCs, ITVs and a few shopping channels. Please could you/anyone point me to the right direction. I want more channels, even the fta ones both from the UK and Europeans. Also downloaded CCCam 2.1.4 but how do I load this onto the DeamBox. Please help, I'm a newbie. Many thanks in advance

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
M0usey said:
How? Please can you elaborate of how you go about doing this. I flashed new image (DarkStar2), then plug in onto my tv, did the scan, but only got back a few chanels like BBCs, ITVs and a few shopping channels. Please could you/anyone point me to the right direction. I want more channels, even the fta ones both from the UK and Europeans. Also downloaded CCCam 2.1.4 but how do I load this onto the DeamBox. Please help, I'm a newbie. Many thanks in advance

You seem to be confused, this thread is about using a sky card in your DM, you appear to be wanting to discuss C/S....Your sky card will only give you the channels you pay for nothing else. For your information FTA channels are just that Free To Air, in other words not encrypted. In America it means something different however

M0usey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s
My Location
Hampshire
Yes, I think I'm a little bit confused or lack of knowledge in this area but i thought that via a Sky dish, you can pick up fta channels from continental Europe as well as the UK. I know that if I put sky card onto my DM then I'll get channels that I subscribed, but I dont have a sky card at the moment, and was hoping to pick up some free channels from Europe for my wife, but I only get about 10 BBC1s, ITVs and shopping channels. Heard someone said that I should put a different image onto my DM to pick up more channel. Is this correct? Please clarify and point me to right direction. Thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well you need to point your dish to another satellite to pick up other channels, 28.2/5 is sky UK it really depends on what the language channels is that you are looking for which will determine the satellite you need to point at.

check here -http://www.flysat.com/fta.php

to see which sats you need

cds1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000
cds1968 said:
Some users report that the white card doesn't get any updates anymore with CCcam 2.1.4...

Do you have any info about that? Does it still work with 2.1.3?

Hmm, hasn't anybody an opinion about that?

It seems to me that the updates do not reach the card anymore. I've tested with CCcam 2.1.3 (for about 8 hours), and with the MGCamd/NewCS combination for over 20 hours without any resultat. The entitlements did not change.

Is there anything I could do about that?

phazblade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD + Nabilo Blackhole 0.12 with External 1TB Esata Drive:
Dreambox 800HD Clone + Ferrari Sim
100CM Motorised Dish:
Ubuntu 9.10 Server with Smargo:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
What are your entitlements at the moment? - post the first line of the list

My White Card updates just fine using CCcam 2.14

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
If the card is hosted by CCcam 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 it updates perfectly.

If you host it in NewCS and have CCcam clients (any version), it will not update the card.

MGCamd clients will update the card.

cds1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000
phazblade said:
What are your entitlements at the moment? - post the first line of the list

Entitlement info
003 15-06-2010

cds1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000
B16MCC said:
If the card is hosted by CCcam 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 it updates perfectly.

If you host it in NewCS and have CCcam clients (any version), it will not update the card.

MGCamd clients will update the card.

I'm using CCcam 2.1.3 standalone, without NewCS.

How often does a card get its updates? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? I've read in another forum that the entitlements should normally be something around 6 weeks in the future. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.