Whats the best blind search and sensitive receiver on sale?

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
with IRL $ky sub. Coship FTA
My Location
40kms NE of Antwerp,Belgium.
So whats the best blind search and sensitive receiver on sale? Some people say Technomate but I'm open. Need another receiver at sat HQ so all info and knowledge welcome. I'll use it for feeds and general use, if it takes a hard drive thats great but not a must. CI slot not needed.

Look forward to all replies.

Thanks.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Google Vantage & Kaon.. I've heard they beat the TMs on sensitivity anyway.. not 100% sure on that.

...some cheap fta's can match the tm... don't know the make yet as they are all badged.

....and I can give you a list of stbs that are not as sensitive and/or are too slow to 'lock' for feed hunting...

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Hi Pedro,
As always thanks, I'm going on monday to a street in Brussels with 7 sat shops so if you say Vantage and Kaon are good, thats great as I've seen them on that street, just need the model numbers the ones that lock on to the feed hunting freqs.

Sensitvity would be great for Nile sat ie the H's.

Thanks again.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Torn between these.

VANTAGE X201S (FTA)

Vantage VT-X221S

Manhattan Plaza XT-F

Any views?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
the fastest blinscan receiver on the market is the smart mx 04,by germany company smart
it only needs 3-4 minutes,to scan the complete sat!
there are many simular receivers,with other names,but with same hardware on the market!
i have tested nearly 10 blindscan brands pansat usa,vintage,etc
most of them,has not good sensitive tuner!
also the manhattan plazza series,that have very bad tuner,when signal is to weak,the result on finding channels ,is much lower ,then on other brands!

clark tech hd blindscan is okay,very good sensitive,on weak signals,but it is very slow in scanning,and dont find all channels in cband espasaly in cband
then you have,to tune manualy!
some dreambox 500 clones,has also blindscan tuners!

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
GreenmanBelg said:
Torn between these.

VANTAGE X201S (FTA), Vantage VT-X221S, Manhattan Plaza XT-F

Any views?

i have the vantage x221s and it is very good. i would recommend this as i use this receiver for feeds, it does h/v scan at the same time when doing a blind scan which i believe other receivers dont do.

actually its my main receiver now was using previously tm1500ci.

if you don't need the card slots and cam slots then buy the vantage x201s series which doesn't have them

turok, i'm interested in the smart mx 04 receiver you mention the 3-4min scan is that on a satellite like hotbird etc with loads of transponders?

where can you buy this receiver from ?

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Turok said:
Hello!
the fastest blinscan receiver on the market is the smart mx 04,by germany company smart
it only needs 3-4 minutes,to scan the complete sat!

Thanks very much Turok, has it a good tuner for the weak signal?

Do you mean _http://www.eas-y.de/scripts/upk/upkweb.dll/eas/anmelden?anmeldefirma=12&kdnr=331&tracking=PTZZZG090104&starthome=N&startact=ZEIGEARTIKEL(331%2C0000496)&et_cid=4&et_lid=4&et_sub=preisroboter.de

or

_http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/receiver-digital-smart/smart-mx04-l-fta-sat-receiver.html seems very well priced, might go ahead and order if you say this is the one.

Thanks.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Hi Turok....

Have you tried the Smart mx 04 on diseqc/ USALS motors..

Do you know other brand names for that box? or who makes the pcbs/ chips/ tuner?

The newer Manhattans have much better blind scan now and are more sensitive .. but might still not be as sensitive as TMs/ C Techs.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Hi folks,
Going to order the Vantage x221s or the Smart mx 04 in the next few hours.

Any last thoughts?

Thanks.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!
one other name of this receiver is imperial,maybe sofoware epg looks difrent!
hotbird in the meantime has 2500 channels maximum waiting time is 4 minutes!
if you know this receiver,you never use any other,its perfect for cband channels!

in meantime,there is also a smart mx 04 plus avalible,with hdmi out and ci slot,my one is fta only,no i dont test usals on it!

the tuner,is better then the old manhattan plazza,for sure,but not so good like clarktech hd,this new receiver,has the best sensitfy @the moment after 10 tested models:)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
turok, the smart mx04 blind scanning a satellite in 3-4mins was this on 5mhz steps as it cant have been on a 1mhz step scan ?

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Went ahead and ordered Smart MX 04 €57 to my front door.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks to everyone's input.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
the vantage i dont have,only the kaon,but the tuner of vantage isnt very good!
for sure its 4 mhz steps,but the scanning result is very good,on cband on 40,5 west nss 806,i found no channel that was missing ,like on clark tech and espasaly the manhattan,there is a difrents of sometimes over 30 channels,that not has been found,when signal is low!
on smart mx 04 you must select the satelite first that you want to scan,disable,all the others,on diseqec swtich works also great select 4 satelites,that you make configuration before,on all ports,then all scanned!
on other words,why i should wait 20 minutes or more,to scan a postion,when the smart mx 04 do the same,in a very short time!

there is also a version called smart mx 04 L,the newer one,the power supply,has been redisign,and it take not so much power in standby mode

there are gray and black modells avalible!

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Turok said:
there is also a version called smart mx 04 L,the newer one,the power supply,has been redisign,and it take not so much power in standby mode
there are gray and black modells avalible!

Well thats the one I ordered, not sure what colour, not bothered on that front.

I read it has a sat beeper for tuning your dish, is that a first?

_http://www.oreind.is/skjol/SmartMX04-ENG.pdf makes interesting bedtime reading.

Thanks Turok.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
Turok said:
the vantage i don't have,only the kaon, but the tuner of vantage isn't very good!

i would have to disagree there, out of a few receivers i've had the vantage is the one that i now use as my main receiver because i've found the receiver to be very good on weak signals and very good on feeds as i only use a 90cm dish.

but everyone has there own opinion.

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
wod said:
i would have to disagree there, out of a few receivers i've had the vantage is the one that i now use as my main receiver because i've found the receiver to be very good on weak signals and very good on feeds as i only use a 90cm dish.

but everyone has there own opinion.

i have tested many so called Blind decoders including the Manhattans ,Kaons,Fortecs...etc ,the best one so far is the Vantage X221 TSCI(Combo) i use it for multisat scaning both in C&KU bands ,also has a very good tuner , 2 multisystem card readers(accepts NDS with card update) 2CI slots,the only down side of the box is the menu design ,but apart from that ..great receiver...cheers

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
GreenmanBelg said:
I read it has a sat beeper for tuning your dish, is that a first?
no... silvercrest/ comags/ tevions sl35s/25s/65s/45s.. all have that ... it's not one of them is it ... I think they come from Germany. And have the same 3 button front, same channel number/ ... They are not that sensitive and the blind scan is quick but needs a big signal and still misses channels/tps... well the older ones did..

When I did some research (some time back now)... only the Vantage came up along with the Kaon as the only two that beat the TMs at the time- based mainly on forum gossip... It may be the Smart is better at C Band. We've tested loads of boxes (but not the above two personally) and there are plenty of boxes that don't or barely match the TMs on sensitivity ... (not blind scan). But we have found one recently that matches the TM on sensitivity.. looks a bit like the Smart too and has a deep and fast blind scan...

Can’t wait for you report ..

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Hello,
The Smart MX 04 L FTA arrived yesterday at noon 36 hours after it was ordered, so well done HM Sat.de

Its tiny, it works well for a €45 receiver as yet I've not compared it to the other receivers I have.

One gripe is it dosen't display signal/quality as you move from channel to channel, that I miss.

If it turns out to be good in the reception front I'll keep it as my main receiver otherwise I'll use in another location.

Early days yet haven't put the blind search through its paces yet.

Will keep you posted.