Advice Needed Where in UK to buy 1.8m

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
It´s on the satshop24.de website

Interesting. That's not an stb though, it's a Superjack V box (positioner). Not sure about having an IBU included either as I thought for a 1.8M, an LNB with a bolt on feedhorn gave you better results. Still a good offer though...

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
A

Archive4

Interesting. That's not an stb though, it's a Superjack V box (positioner). Not sure about having an IBU included either as I thought for a 1.8M, an LNB with a bolt on feedhorn gave you better results. Still a good offer though...
Sorry for mis-info, didn´t have the glasses on when I looked at the link!

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
Additionally Brian, this is the prospective logistics headquarters for "Inter European Satellite Dish Storage"...the building has been previously described as 'breathtaking' (usually before the goat and goose excrement is removed).

Somewhere....JPG

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Additionally Brian, this is the prospective logistics headquarters for "Inter European Satellite Dish Storage"...the building has been previously described as 'breathtaking' (usually before the goat and goose excrement is removed).

View attachment 87070
Did you check for the pot of gold already Pete ??
prolly one at either end ...

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Did you check for the pot of gold already Pete ??
prolly one at either end ...

Sadly both ends were situated on neighbouring farmland...the one on the right in the field with a huge pile of manure...therefore proving the saying, "where there's muck..."

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Martin,

Any reason why not the Elite 2.4m?
The 2.2m would seem the choice from the pair of 2.0/2.2 as it gives you the bigger scale up from your 1.8m channel master.

Once you think "I will get the 2.2m", there is that voice in your head saying "if I am thinking of going for the 2.2m why not bite the bullet and go for the 2.4m"

Whatever you go for I am sure we will see some spectacular extreme fringe reports on the forum, them circular polarity Ruski channels will be well vanquished. With the 2.4m There might even be a very remote chance of some 68.5E C band QPSK feeds in absolutely perfect weather conditions with a top class PLL LNB. I think the 68.5E C Band 8PSK might be beyond a 2.4m though.

Cant wait to see the topic title of "2.x metre Elite Antenna Install" appearing on the forum.

If I go too big Dave it will have to go at low level my arc at low level is 57E 60ish W, i think the 2.2 might be a little big for high level but i am leaning more towards it, it wont be this side of Christmas most of my money has recently gone on a newer car and with Christmas coming along, this gives me time to think more and sell the 1.8 and check what i can offered as well without using a card :)

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
If I go too big Dave it will have to go at low level my arc at low level is 57E 60ish W, i think the 2.2 might be a little big for high level but i am leaning more towards it, it wont be this side of Christmas most of my money has recently gone on a newer car and with Christmas coming along, this gives me time to think more and sell the 1.8 and check what i can offered as well without using a card :)

Martin,

For sure its an expensive time of the year. It will be a nice project to look forward to for the spring.....

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Martin,

For sure its an expensive time of the year. It will be a nice project to look forward to for the spring.....

Yes looking forward to it Dave, making the braces feed arms and mount will be fun,

A

Archive4

So ..
I guess this is the ad I should be looking at ?
LAMINAS AS-1800 Offset Glassfieber Epoxydharz Spiegel von Lieferung erfolgt direkt von der Firma Laminas! Spiegel und Zubehör LAMINAS Glasfiebersp.
Of course I haven't tried to buy it ..
I assume this is a price without vat/tax and postage ..
??
If so ..only completing an order will give this information..
Is this the cheapest ? ..or could it be got cheaper ?
rgds
VS
If you do the translate trick it should tell you it is inc vat but excluding postage. That is with the normal mount, not polar, but I suspect you knew that

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Yes looking forward to it Dave, making the braces feed arms and mount will be fun,

Just as a point of information, the rear mounting ring size and fixing point distribution is identical on all Elite antenna between 1.2m and 2.2m. Your current 1.5m Precision mount kit will fit a 2.0m or 2.2m directly without any modification.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
If you do the translate trick it should tell you it is inc vat but excluding postage. That is with the normal mount, not polar, but I suspect you knew that
Perhaps it's time to get cracking seting up your logistics chain Brian..
I much prefer to deal with a person communicating in English.
;)

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Perhaps it's time to get cracking seting up your logistics chain Brian..

Well, all I have to do is clear out the firewood, the old straw, a built in wardrobe that is too tall for the bedroom and the little matter of some goat and goose poo...and the 'vast logistics and distribution centre' is ready....

A

Archive4

Well, all I have to do is clear out the firewood, the old straw, a built in wardrobe that is too tall for the bedroom and the little matter of some goat and goose poo...and the 'vast logistics and distribution centre' is ready....
Pete, the offer is very venerable and well received, however, taking a leaf out of the book of Satshop24.de, if they can do it, so can I. Figure, with correct negotiation I could do the same, I.E. act as a middle man and get them to sent the big dishes direct from Poland.
Saves moving the wardrobe, the poo and I´m sure there was a pig mentioned in an earlier post.
That said, I will visit the proposed " Central European Distribution Centre " sometime soon, do you prefer white or red Rioja

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/13/dining/from-rioja-a-surprise-in-white.html?_r=0

Cheers

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi Brian, do you have any pictures of the polar mounts supplied with the 1.8 please ?.

A

Archive4

Hi Brian, do you have any pictures of the polar mounts supplied with the 1.8 please ?.
Sorry, but no. The only pic I have are from the Laminas website

LAMINAS. ASP-1800 Polar Mount

Sorrrrrrrrry

Oh my God! Grammar correction!
Should read as " The only pic I have is from the Laminas website " Where did the are come from?
Forgive me Father, as I have sinned ........................

Last edited by a moderator:

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Thanks Brian, ive found them, nice mount :).
Heavy metal, Polar Mount from Laminas
dscn4068-jpg.40881

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Saves moving the wardrobe, the poo and I´m sure there was a pig mentioned in an earlier post.
That said, I will visit the proposed " Central European Distribution Centre " sometime soon, do you prefer white or red Rioja

No mention of a pig Brian, unless our livestock has increased without my knowledge. I must pick you up on a couple of points though, Normandy is hardly 'Central Europe'......and you ask a person who lives in France which Spanish wine he prefers?.....tsk tsk...(BTW White, red gives me tummy ache)

A

Archive4

No mention of a pig Brian, unless our livestock has increased without my knowledge. I must pick you up on a couple of points though, Normandy is hardly 'Central Europe'......and you ask a person who lives in France which Spanish wine he prefers?.....tsk tsk...(BTW White, red gives me tummy ache)
Ask a French person which lamb he likes, they burnt all ours at the border!