Spiff

Reaction score
Website
shopingathome.com
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5402HD M3 C1+ Super+
Primesat VBox
2 x Actuators
Precision 1.3m Prime Focus Dish & mount.
InvertoTwin Black Pro C120

Amiko Viper4K
Primesat VBox
2 Actuators
Precision 1.5m Prime Focus Dish & mount
Titanium C1W-PLL C Band

Seven Computers : )
Two Davis Vantage Pro Weather stations
One Waldbeck Weather Station
My Location
Mullion Cove Cornwall
Good afternoon gentlemen : )

I found this interesting, but also sad to see radio frequency's may be used for such things.

Surely a receiver scanning the frequency's, would detect the waves, the beam direction and strength if it is in fact happening ?

Please Click Here

God Bless Spiff

dmaavrigdo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Laminas OFC1200 dish
Inverto Quad Black Ultra IDLT-QDL412-ULTRA-OPN
Octagon SF8008 twin
Yamaha HTR-2067
My Location
Vansbro Sweden
Good afternoon gentlemen : )

I found this interesting, but also sad to see radio frequency's may be used for such things.

Surely a receiver scanning the frequency's, would detect the waves, the beam direction and strength if it is in fact happening ?

Please Click Here

God Bless Spiff
Surely thay would notice the truck parked outside.An_operational_version_of_the_Active_Denial_System.jpg

Spiff

Reaction score
Website
shopingathome.com
My Satellite Setup
Primesat VBox
2 x Actuators

Amiko Viper4K
Primesat VBox
2 Actuators
Titanium C1W-PLL C Band

My Location
Mullion Cove Cornwall

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There is a link to the low GHz ( near S band) and interaction with water molecules so it would be feasible that brain activity is impacted on by proximity to a microwave source of this type. Based on the frequency and the distance to a receiver a radiating signal can travel down different paths and either combine or cancel each other, something called the Fresnel Effect. If you are in one of these areas it is quite possible to receive a dose of radiation that is greater than the apparent amount given in a formula based on the transmitter/antenna characteristics.

Interestingly the power of the transmission is less relevant than the distance , something to do with near and far field limits, but I've not studied it in any great detail.

Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Possibly related, dielectic heating of body tissue at frequencies starting at 900MHz

Ablation Energy Sources

Ziad F. Issa MD, ... Douglas P. Zipes MD, in Clinical Arrhythmology and Electrophysiology (Third Edition), 2019

Biophysics of Microwave Energy​

Microwaves are the portion of the electromagnetic spectrum between 0.3 and 300 GHz. For the ablation of cardiac arrhythmias, microwave energy has been used at frequencies of 0.915 and 2.450 GHz. Similar to RF, microwave energy produces thermal cell necrosis. However, in contrast to heating by electrical resistance as observed during RF ablation, the mechanism of heating from a high-frequency microwave energy source is dielectrics. Dielectric heating occurs when high-frequency electromagnetic radiation stimulates the oscillation of dipolar molecules (e.g., water molecules) in the surrounding medium at a very high speed, thereby converting electromagnetic energy into kinetic energy. This high-speed vibration causes friction between water molecules within the myocardial wall that results in an increase of myocardial tissue heat. This mode of heating lends microwave ablation the potential for a greater depth of volume heating than RF ablation and should theoretically result in a larger lesion size.86
Microwave energy is not absorbed by blood and can propagate through blood, desiccated tissue, or scar. It also can be deposited directly into the myocardial tissue at a distance, regardless of the intervening medium. The microwave energy field generated around the ablation catheter antenna can create myocardial lesions up to 6 to 8 mm in depth without overheating the endocardial surface, a feature that can potentially limit the risk of charring, coagulum formation, and intramyocardial steam pops. Penetration depth achieved with microwave energy depends on several factors—dielectric properties of the tissue, frequency of the microwave energy, antenna design, and composition and thickness of the cardiac layers.86
The effectiveness of microwave ablation depends on the radiating ability of the microwave antenna that directs the electric field and determines the amount transmitted into the myocardium, which is critical for heating. An end-firing monopolar antenna has been used to produce lesions at depths of 1 cm without disruption of the endocardium in porcine ventricles. The depth of these lesions increased exponentially over time as compared with standard nonirrigated RF energy, which had minimal lesion expansion after 60 seconds of ablation. To concentrate more of the energy distribution near the electrode tip, circularly polarized coil antennas have been developed. Other configurations of the microwave antenna include helical, dipole, and whip designs; these have a large effect on the magnetic field created. However, many of these catheters are still under clinical investigation

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nowadays a fairly cheap sdr that covers the higher frequencies and a decent antenna would visually display any incoming radio based beam in a matter of seconds.

Spiff

Reaction score
Website
shopingathome.com
My Satellite Setup
Primesat VBox
2 x Actuators

Amiko Viper4K
Primesat VBox
2 Actuators
Titanium C1W-PLL C Band

My Location
Mullion Cove Cornwall
I remember some years ago loading up a mobile whip for the 80 meter amateur band, a relatively low frequency.

The method to adjust while viewing the SWR bridge, was by placing ones hand near the rod to show if it was to long or short.

The transmitter was running over a 100 watts and I spent far more time than normal adjusting it.

I should have turned the power way down.

For a day or so after my arm was painful inside, there were no long term affects.

I am not sure about UHF TV frequencies, our nearest UHF transmitter is near Redruth at Four Lanes.

Directly beside it is the local school, Redruth is a spot for trouble with young people, probably coincidental.

Spiff

Reaction score
Website
shopingathome.com
My Satellite Setup
Primesat VBox
2 x Actuators

Amiko Viper4K
Primesat VBox
2 Actuators
Titanium C1W-PLL C Band

My Location
Mullion Cove Cornwall