Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD

DreamBox DM7020 HD (Buying Shortly)

Dell Deskstop - Windows 7
My Location
Woodford Green, Essex
Hi,

I have narrowed down my new dish set-up as a Gibertini 1m motorised dish with a inverto black ultra lnb, can anybody recommend this dish or another.

I was also looking at a 1.2 meter dish as well (will this increase my Satellite selection from a 1.0 to 1.2 dish a lot), after researching it seems that I need Planning Permission, is this straight forward or a hassle to get done from the council.

I live in Woodford Green, Essex.

Any advice greatly appreciated.:):):)

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
24" SuperJack,Clark-Tech V-Box
Laminas120cm CM P.M 75e-30w
18" Superjack, Clark-Tech V-Box
Gibertini XP premium 100cm
Polar Mount, 12" Superjack
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
I have last week put up an Gibertini 1m XP premium on a DiSEqC motor with a Black Ultra Twin LNB .
The Gibertini dish performs well but my Laminas 120cm performs as aspected far better .
The Gibbi cant grab 7w at my location , i was not suprised. I was more suprised how good the Laminas catch 7w.
So if you can live with the fact that you cant catch everything then the Gibbi is a good choise.
All nuts and bolts are in stainles steel, so it feels like all is well made from Gibertini.

I will replace the DiSEqC motor to a proper Polar Mount as i dont like the toy motors

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes, can't go wrong with the Gibertini 104cm, should do well.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Just to note on the installs i had with the Gibby 1m in the North west have had no problems picking up the stronger TP's on 7° west not a great signal but enough to watch and still hold up in some light rain, had them coupled as always with an Inverto Black ultra and the exceptional tuner in the TM5402HD Great combination

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
monzurahmed said:
Hi,

I have narrowed down my new dish set-up as a Gibertini 1m motorised dish with a inverto black ultra lnb, can anybody recommend this dish or another.

I was also looking at a 1.2 meter dish as well (will this increase my Satellite selection from a 1.0 to 1.2 dish a lot), after researching it seems that I need Planning Permission, is this straight forward or a hassle to get done from the council.

I live in Woodford Green, Essex.

Any advice greatly appreciated.:):):)

Planning permission may be your downfall, and pricing / delivery cost of the Gibertini is more than the competition in the UK.
Go for a slightly smaller (sub 1m dish allround) to stick within the guidelines, and if you are wanting a guarantee on channel quantity you need to go up at least a size to a 1.4m or so, in which case you may as well apply to the council now.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Unless it's fairly well hidden from view, in which case, no-one will find out.

Gibby 1m is a good dish. You'll get a very good selection of channels on it in Woodford Green (used to live there a few years ago).