1.09 beta CVS and FlashWizard 5.0

Messages
373
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
.
My Location
UK
#1
Hi Folks,

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this forum yet but as I've just spent 2 days adding and deleting images and re-formatting my USB stick, thought I would say it anyway.

When using FlashWizard 5.0 and 1.09 images in multiboot be sure to use the:
1.09 beta CVS
image in Dreambox internal flash memory.

If instead you use the:
1.09 beta
image, then FW5.0 fails to correctly register the current running image.
The red arrow in FW5.0 shows that the flash image is in use when you know that it is one of your multiboot images running!
Worse, when you try to ftp files to the image, they go to the flash image, while things are in this mixed up state. You can see from your ftp package that it is not the correct image as there is no 'scce' or 'bin' etc folders.
Also anyone ftping addons to /tmp would find they were not recognised as they were in the flash image /tmp and not the required multiboot image /tmp.

So, to cure these problems, make sure you use 1.09 beta CVS.

Hope this helps to save some frustration!

73 & happy dreaming.
 
Messages
373
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
.
My Location
UK
#2
Hi All,

Sorry about consecutive post but this is important for anyone thinking of going to 1.09 images with multiboot.
So I added this to bring it back to the surface, so to speak!!

73 & happy 1.09ing.
 

BonceChops

Regular Member
Messages
259
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
#3
Can you post a link to the correct image please?

Neil
 
Messages
373
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
.
My Location
UK
#4
Hi BonceChops,

It's in Spartans sticky at Toes or at w w w.satnews.it.
On home page locate panel called 'Updates' and scroll down to:
08/02 Firmware Dreambox Original 1.09beta CVS 08/02/05

Click 'Firmware' and then scroll down that page to:
Firmware originali per DB7000
top of the list is:
Original Version 1.09beta-CVS.

Hope this is OK?

73 & good luck.
 

BonceChops

Regular Member
Messages
259
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
#5
many thanks
 
D

deleted

Guest
#6
td03-5 said:
Hi Folks,

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this forum yet but as I've just spent 2 days adding and deleting images and re-formatting my USB stick, thought I would say it anyway.

When using FlashWizard 5.0 and 1.09 images in multiboot be sure to use the:
1.09 beta CVS
image in Dreambox internal flash memory.

If instead you use the:
1.09 beta
image, then FW5.0 fails to correctly register the current running image.
The red arrow in FW5.0 shows that the flash image is in use when you know that it is one of your multiboot images running!
Worse, when you try to ftp files to the image, they go to the flash image, while things are in this mixed up state. You can see from your ftp package that it is not the correct image as there is no 'scce' or 'bin' etc folders.
Also anyone ftping addons to /tmp would find they were not recognised as they were in the flash image /tmp and not the required multiboot image /tmp.

So, to cure these problems, make sure you use 1.09 beta CVS.

Hope this helps to save some frustration!

73 & happy dreaming.

As a Newbie, I do not fully understand what your explaining.

I have been having problems installing the Phoenix version of Hydra using FlashwizardPro 5 onto my hard disc. Are saying that I must have the latest version of the original enigma image in the flash memory before I can use the lastest Hydra image? The flash image I have at the moment is enigma version 2.6.5.

I am able to download the Hydra software onto my dreambox7000 harddisc but FlashwizardPro 5 cannot get it to install.
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#7
Put the V1.09 CVS version in flash. That should do it.
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#8
td03-5 said:
Hi All,

Sorry about consecutive post but this is important for anyone thinking of going to 1.09 images with multiboot.
So I added this to bring it back to the surface, so to speak!!

73 & happy 1.09ing.
Thanks td
Was trying to load it the other night and could`nt get it to boot up. Will the 108 images work with it as well.
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#9
Just put 1.09.beta-cvs in flash with fwp 5 and it did`nt work out. Can only get the Eagle picture on screen and then the dreambox screen goes blank. Have to get the null back out. Cant get back into it with fwp.
 
Messages
1
Likes
0
#10
john_graydon said:
Just put 1.09.beta-cvs in flash with fwp 5 and it did`nt work out. Can only get the Eagle picture on screen and then the dreambox screen goes blank. Have to get the null back out. Cant get back into it with fwp.
Did you resolve this ? I'm having the same problem
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#11
manu_london said:
Did you resolve this ? I'm having the same problem
No not yet. Going to download from a different site, both the 109 cva for flash and the hydra phoenix for usb. The screen on dreambox is lit up even thought it is switched off. Is this the same with you.
 
D

deleted

Guest
#12
BGonaSTICK said:
Put the V1.09 CVS version in flash. That should do it.
Many thanks for your help. It certainly sorted out my problem! What's more, I now aware of the obvious - make sure that all variations of images held on HDD or USB (e.g. Pli, Hydra etc.) are based on the version held in the Flash memory!
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#13
Good stuff. Using the same version kind of makes sense when you think about it, but that doesn't help when the stupid thing is lying broken and bleeding on the floor!

Glad you're sorted.
 

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Messages
148
Likes
1
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
#14
Had problems with 1.09 beta cvs in flash because it just wouldn't load correctly.
When I booted the Dreambox up it said updating front processor please wait

So I waited and waited and nothing happened.
I tried again and could see the boot screen but after that nothing

I loaded Gemini 1.06 into flash and noticed that I can now move the var to usb or hdd which was the reason I wanted to multiboot in the first place just so I would have more space to play with plugins etc.

So I am sorted
Don't waste your time with other images
Gemini 1.06 is the best
 
Top