1.1m Traix motorised Garage Rooftop Install

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, DM800HD, DM500S, Traix 1.1M with Dark Motor. Zone 2 mini dish for 28.2E
My Location
uk
Hi,

Here is my install of my 1.1m Traix motorised dish on top of my Garage rooftop with T&K Brackets. The coax running underground through the trench I dug up under my slabs and grass into the roof of my house where coax ends up other side of the house then finally into my lounge.

I used MDPE pipe under the ground that was dug a foot deep to protect cabling from frost.

Any opinions welcome to improve sturdiness of this dish. I had to prop the dish quite high on the pole so it would oversee next door neighbours bush to get a clear line of sight.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    871.3 KB · Views: 222
  • IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    858.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMAG0118.jpg
    IMAG0118.jpg
    794.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMAG0119.jpg
    IMAG0119.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMAG0120.jpg
    IMAG0120.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 181

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That looks really neat.

Are you getting the results you deserve?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
A nice job ;)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, DM800HD, DM500S, Traix 1.1M with Dark Motor. Zone 2 mini dish for 28.2E
My Location
uk
Tivù said:
That looks really neat.

Are you getting the results you deserve?

I am indeed. Viewing is excellent. Able to get most of the satellites fine without any problems :)

If you want AGC/SNR percentages on certain satellites let me know and I can post them.

I'm a little worried if it will be ok in the wind with this install as dish is high up on the pole.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Personally I would have used a longer mast, and a KTK configuration on the brackets. I'd be a little worried by the wind loading as it seems you have more than half the mast above the top bracket, and not much extending below the bottom one.

The strongest way to do it would be to have the pole sat on the floor with a K bracket on the bottom, a K 3 courses down from the top, and a T in between the two. You may still get some movement in the mast in heavy winds, but atleast it will stay vertical ;)

Otherwise it looks a very neat and well though out install, nice job :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nice neat installation, although I would agree with Rick on the brackets and pole. the wall would appear to be single brick, so a scaffold pole down to the ground and probably a second set of T&K brackets to stabilise.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
That's a seven foot pole. So in this situation I should go for a ten foot pole for it's mounting all the way to the bottom then?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
If you wanted to strengthen it a bit, and don't fancy dismantling it, you could use a 2nd scaff pole clamped to the first one, and another K at the bottom.

An 8ft er clamped to the one you have should do the trick.

Also, for the TD110, the Black Ultra LNB works best.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nice install - although Id have put it round the corner due to that airbrick.

You will soon find how it will stand up to strong winds - the remnants of Hurricane Katia are bearing down on the UK this weekend....

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Hi, is there anyway folk can recommend on how I could strengthen the top part of the pole where the dish is clamped to. The pole is about 3ft in the air from the garage roof and with strong winds it is wobbling abit but not seen any problems when viewing channels.

Thx

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
you could use some lashing wire used on aerials around the pole and then fixed to the garage to stop it moving around ?

the best option is to use a length of scaffold pole right down the side of the garage with a couple more brackets as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, is there anyway folk can recommend on how I could strengthen the top part of the pole where the dish is clamped to. The pole is about 3ft in the air from the garage roof and with strong winds it is wobbling abit but not seen any problems when viewing channels.

Thx

A larger diameter pole would help. Failing that, another pole clamped to it would strengthen it.

MARK

Reaction score
Website
www.satellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD+,Dreambox500HD,800SEHD,tm5402hdCI+SUPER+lots of other STB's,1mtr ISS motorised
Pc's far too many lol
My Location
Good ole Blighty
I agree with everyones comments,personally i'd have the dish close as possible to the roof,but great and neat install m8,i also would be interested on what sats you get.....

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Hi, I guess if I was to clamp another pole to the existing one I would have to push the existing pole down a little more that goes below the T bracket. Or would that be enough as in close up of pic in this post.

On another hand the pole fixing does feel pretty solid to the brick wall. Just the part that is above the roof line. I can't really bring the dish lower / more closer to the roof as I need to get dish over next door neighbours bush. I can only think if I use a wider diameter pole would solve the problem.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0123.jpg
    IMAG0123.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 66

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
.....I can't really bring the dish lower / more closer to the roof as I need to get dish over next door neighbours bush.

Do you mean the bush in photo #4 of your original post? If so, I'd say you had at least half a metre of clearance over the top of that. Don't forget, it's not where the LNB feed arm points to but a point considerably above that. You could do two things : drop the pole about a foot, which would give you enough to clamp another pole to; If you were still bothered about the bush, the dish would move up the motor stub a little (only 2 to 3" though).

The bush looks like it may shed it's leaves before too long so it shouldn't be a problem until Springtime!! Can you not persuade your neighbour to prune it a little??

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
sonnetpete said:
Do you mean the bush in photo #4 of your original post? If so, I'd say you had at least half a metre of clearance over the top of that. Don't forget, it's not where the LNB feed arm points to but a point considerably above that. You could do two things : drop the pole about a foot, which would give you enough to clamp another pole to; If you were still bothered about the bush, the dish would move up the motor stub a little (only 2 to 3" though).

The bush looks like it may shed it's leaves before too long so it shouldn't be a problem until Springtime!! Can you not persuade your neighbour to prune it a little??

It's the bush on photo number 5 on original post. The dish position is crack on where it is; just over the bush line so I don't have any problems. If I drop the dish then i get signal drops.

I don't really get on with my neighbour so try to avoid saying much incase cause a stir. He already has the sight of the dish to look at outside his window ;)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, I guess if I was to clamp another pole to the existing one I would have to push the existing pole down a little more that goes below the T bracket. Or would that be enough as in close up of pic in this post.

On another hand the pole fixing does feel pretty solid to the brick wall. Just the part that is above the roof line. I can't really bring the dish lower / more closer to the roof as I need to get dish over next door neighbours bush. I can only think if I use a wider diameter pole would solve the problem.

Thanks

No, I meant like a splint, joining onto the end would make little difference. You could use swivel clamps to fix a complete pole from top to ground.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
MARK said:
I agree with everyones comments,personally i'd have the dish close as possible to the roof,but great and neat install m8,i also would be interested on what sats you get.....

This is what I have tested so far and have working with this install:
28.2e,13e,16e,19.2e,9.0e,7e,4.8e,42e,1w,30w

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk