1.2m dish with multifeed

xband

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
47°32' N / 9°24' E
I'd like to get the following satellites on a 1.2m Gibertini dish using a multifeed adapter:

Astra 2D 28.2°
Astra 1 19.2°
Hotbird 13°

I'm located in the East of Switzerland (47°32' N 9°24' E)

Do you think this is possible?
Do you have any tips hoe to align the dish without using expensive equipment?

Thanks
Roger

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
xband said:
I'd like to get the following satellites on a 1.2m Gibertini dish using a multifeed adapter:

Astra 2D 28.2°
Astra 1 19.2°
Hotbird 13°

Thanks
Roger

I am afraid you wont have much luck because Hotbird 13E & Astra 28.2E are 15 degrees apart.
However,Swedish Microwave have a great soft called SMWLink,check it out.

Everyone who has a satellite dish should have this program
This program is called SMW Link because the connection between the satellite and your antenna/LNB is called a link.

SMW Link does all the necessary calculations for you about how to align your dish and what picture quality you can expect. And there are lots more.

And the second best thing is that SMW Link is free.

http://www.smw.se/smwlink/smwlink.htm

@Roger
Download version two.

iceman

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
xband said:

Astra 2D 28.2°
Astra 1 19.2°
Hotbird 13°

Thanks
Roger

I can confirm it's perfectly possible I have 80cm LensonHeath dish with three LNBs for Astra, Astra2 and Hot Bird. Only thing I had to do is to modify multifeed holder to reach 28º east. Centre LNB should be focused on Astra at 19º right one(looking from front of the dish) on Hot Bird and left on Astra2. With 1.2m dish in Switzerland you should have no problems even for Astra 2D.
Easiest way to align the dish is with analogue receiver and portable TV near you so you can watch while rotating and focusing it at right position. First find Astra at 19º and fix the dish then adjust LNB for Hot Bird also with analogue receiver and then adjust LNB for Astra2 it should be approximately twice the distance from centre LNB then one for Hot Bird is on opposite side, look at signal bar on digibox service menu(or signal quality bar on other digital receivers) until you find the optimal position.

G

gcohen

iceman said:
I am afraid you wont have much luck because Hotbird 13E & Astra 28.2E are 15 degrees apart.
However,Swedish Microwave have a great soft called SMWLink,check it out.

Everyone who has a satellite dish should have this program
This program is called SMW Link because the connection between the satellite and your antenna/LNB is called a link.

SMW Link does all the necessary calculations for you about how to align your dish and what picture quality you can expect. And there are lots more.

And the second best thing is that SMW Link is free.

http://www.smw.se/smwlink/smwlink.htm

@Roger
Download version two.

iceman
Is there any sort of help file for this program - I have always found it totally inscrutable because of the huge number of variables involved with no indication as to what values should be used for unknown variables.
Geoff

xband

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
47°32' N / 9°24' E
@iceman,
why do you think is not possible with 15° between the satellites?
which C/N ratios would you consider as good values?
@skyoutUK,
where are you located?

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
xband said:
@skyoutUK,
where are you located?

I'm located on north Adriatic island of Krk in Croatia Latitude 44.97 Longitude 14.75 and since sky digital started I watched it on the same dish as Astra1 and Hot Bird recently I lost BBC because of their move to 2D but everything else is ok. I have heard that in Lech, Austria with setup similar to mine reception of Astra 2D and other two satellites on same dish is easily achieved.