1 W conax tips an reasurance im on right track

newcastleman32

Reaction score
Hi im situated northumberland uk an my project been northern an skint is free foottball on the Conax 1 W cannal+ seems to air alot of football seems a good option unless anyone can advise better to my needs

My questions for now is anyone who can share advice
i have a old none USB Elvis programmer but suppose that that wont be needed if i buy a dreambox 500 ,,as i read no cards or cams are needed just pc skills an knowlege which im confident to learn
however im not broadband would this hamper me some how? i read lot it will

Also altho fixed dish to start with on 1 west i do plan to upgrade to motor at later date so thinking dreambox 500 £150 is ideal to start with
I was thinking to save buying reciever ,tit card ,an cam ,it be wiser to buy dreambox an network card for my pc.
I have already 1 m dish 0.3db universal lnb cable clips just the main hardware i seek advice on

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
A second hand Force 1122s would be a good start, there are lots of them around. They have VIA and Conax built in and will move a motor on there own, also a Tit card loaded with a TMB file will open all the hacked channels using the Conax slot. A fixed 1m dish at 1W will be fine in the UK and a motor can be added later.

inbed79

Reaction score
why dont you go for a fortec 5100 pached it does not need any cams or cards
u can get them new of ebay around £130

newcastleman32

Reaction score
hi thanks for the feedback im slowly going off the dream box souly as been my 1 st go at this an want to gradually build up due to low budget been skint watch some fottie then learn about neworking dreambox an working it but ooh to find 1 in me xmas sock lol

so what ive gatherd the information an i cant go wrong as long as i pick reciver with Ci slot ideally with conax . then a tit card would just be needed no cam,unless its the dreambox you load keys an patch the above mentioned fortec
However if i pick receiver with no conax imbedded id need the conax cam an tit card blew the dust of me elvis programmer an got me dish all lined up just case what reciever options
thanks advice on the force reciver il look about in my local add paper check prices on them,what handy about thenet is you can look for whats on sale localy check the specs on web
least i know that i have the idea right in my head an providing i do all things right il be watching some footie not eastenders

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
Can you pregram a tit card with your elvis?

What about the Dreambox 5620? After buying it all cam emulators are free. You have unlimited channel storage. No new cams to buy in a month or two. I would expect using internet connection sharing you could share your dial up connection with a dreambox. The key and emu updates are only small files so should not take long to download on dial up. I was using an old type receiver with matrix cam before I bought the Dreambox 7000s - looking back it was a quaint way to watch telly. With a 5620 or 500 you can record TV to your PC hard disk - try that with the Force.

Have you read this thread it is all based on a 5620 http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=24618

newcastleman32

Reaction score
the card programmer i have was bought 2 half year ago to programe gold cards it uses com port not usb to programe ,i read a thread that as long as my programmer burns in phonix mode im ok ,i presumed it can work with tit cards?
At the moment im watching just freeview so even to get anything let alone record is a plus
altho its weighing up does a £50 2nd hand reciever non conax embedded then £70 cam then tit card out weight £149 ive seen the dreambox 500

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi
As you can see from the above everyone as there own idea as to what the best reciver is. My suggestion is that you do a lot of research via the search botton at the very top of thread on both recivers and cams, and then depending on the money you have make up your own mind.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
If you're skint, you can't do much better than a Skystar 2 card in your PC... :)

No cards, no CAM's, does everything a Dreambox will do, easy updates, loads of support, and it comes in a nice box too... ;)

newcastleman32

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
If you're skint, you can't do much better than a Skystar 2 card in your PC... :)

No cards, no CAM's, does everything a Dreambox will do, easy updates, loads of support, and it comes in a nice box too... ;)
nice gadget however the savings is put off by thought me mates clambering round my pc to watch my beloved nufc win league ,,dont even go there about TV out grahphic cards ,guess that gadget be handy to have with a duel output LNB ,,1 to main reciever 1 to pc

I used to work installing 15 sky sytems a day 3 man crew dish man ,a cable
man ,an plug in reciever man that way we did'nt trail the odd dog turn into house ,all far cry from what im learning here excellent site

thanks for help all ,,think il review how to setup motorised an look about for hardware got good idea of my options an benefits

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
newcastleman32 said:
nice gadget however the savings is put off by thought me mates clambering round my pc to watch my beloved nufc win league ,,dont even go there about TV out grahphic cards ,guess that gadget be handy to have with a duel output LNB ,,1 to main reciever 1 to pc

I used to work installing 15 sky sytems a day 3 man crew dish man ,a cable
man ,an plug in reciever man that way we did'nt trail the odd dog turn into house ,all far cry from what im learning here excellent site

thanks for help all ,,think il review how to setup motorised an look about for hardware got good idea of my options an benefits

Yea I would be the same, Imagine having all you mates around your computer waiting for years and years to see NUFC win league....lol... sorry

ciarank

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar 5100 Ultra
FortecStar LifeTime Classic
My Location
belfast
newcastleman32 said:
Hi im situated northumberland uk an my project been northern an skint is free foottball on the Conax 1 W cannal+ seems to air alot of football seems a good option unless anyone can advise better to my needs

My questions for now is anyone who can share advice
i have a old none USB Elvis programmer but suppose that that wont be needed if i buy a dreambox 500 ,,as i read no cards or cams are needed just pc skills an knowlege which im confident to learn
however im not broadband would this hamper me some how? i read lot it will

Also altho fixed dish to start with on 1 west i do plan to upgrade to motor at later date so thinking dreambox 500 £150 is ideal to start with
I was thinking to save buying reciever ,tit card ,an cam ,it be wiser to buy dreambox an network card for my pc.
I have already 1 m dish 0.3db universal lnb cable clips just the main hardware i seek advice on
To get my CON*X system working i did the following:

i) 90cm dish and LNB from Lidl
ii) Fortecstar 5100 Ultra patched with latest Al7bar SW.
iii) that's it!

Toal cost circa £160