1 West

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Reporting it's K*y #24 now...

L

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
rumour is, its gone forever :( using a new encryption??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well it is due to go, as they have been replacing all of the old cards, whether this is the moment though.................?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
AFAIK, they're not changing to anything. They're just bunging up the hole that let the keys slip out...

C*nax is not really 'hacked' or 'cracked' or 'anything-else-acked' I'm afraid.

Why they didn't do this a long time ago can only be the subject of much late-night discussion. And we'll have plenty of them soon. :cool:

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
BGonaSTICK said:
They're just bunging up the hole that let the keys slip out...

Sorry, dumb here, can you explain please?

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
BGonaSTICK said:
AFAIK, they're not changing to anything. They're just bunging up the hole that let the keys slip out...

C*nax is not really 'hacked' or 'cracked' or 'anything-else-acked' I'm afraid.

Why they didn't do this a long time ago can only be the subject of much late-night discussion. And we'll have plenty of them soon. :cool:

Please explain all this in laymans terms

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
From the usual source: -
Using new key 24..... No files expected the first many days

An interesting snippet I heard is that even genuine subscribers have lost it on the new cards at the moment :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I have no first hand knowledge of this, just what I've picked up and pieced together myself over the months.... I'm quite prepared for someone to shoot this down in flames, but here is my understanding...

Various revisions of the smartcards used to decrypt the Nordic transmissions on 1W ('C*nax') have been used over the years. Later revisions are secure, and no data can be read from the cards (i.e. keys etc.). Secure smartcards can be written to very easily with the correct data and a suitable programmer. Reading that same data back though, is a different story altogether.

One of the early revisions of the official C*nal D!gital cards contained a flaw which enabled the very clever and now financially-stable folks known as Team PDK to exploit that weakness and extract the current (and possibly the next) set of keys once they were downloaded to the cards by the provider. These are original smartcards we are talking about.

Once Team PDK have the plain, unencrypted keys, they re-encrypt them using their own methods (to safeguard their own investment), and put them in an 'MII file'. Also in that 'file' is a loader program, which decrypts the keys and loads them onto an MII card. The MII cards were commissioned by that team, and the profits from their sale go towards the continuing cycle of key extraction, re-packaging and redistribution.

When the boys are feeling generous, they let the plain keys slide out via their site known as ST*PST*P. Then everyone has them.

C*nal D!gital have now completed the replacement of those old cards with nice shiny new (and very secure) ones, killing off the old leaky ones.

Still with me?

No more keys... and no more free TV on 1W. Well at some point anyway. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.

How's that? Do I win a goldfish? Maybe I get my post deleted? Feel free, I'll not be offended. :D

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
BGonaSTICK said:
I have no first hand knowledge of this, just what I've picked up and pieced together myself over the months....

Excellent - If they can intercept the K*ys on the way to the cards - whey hey!!!

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
When the boys are feeling generous, they let the plain keys slide out via their site known as

Are we sure this is the only way that they were available or is it poss that we can expect 'leaky' sources to come.

After all 'back to rumors again' it was reported that TC et al had some rupert copying gear found, and if that sys is partly compomised then maybe we can wait with baited breath ??

L

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Lancelot said:
Are we sure this is the only way that they were available or is it poss that we can expect 'leaky' sources to come.

After all 'back to rumors again' it was reported that TC et al had some rupert copying gear found, and if that sys is partly compomised then maybe we can wait with baited breath ??

L

Why? Do you know of another source in recent times? I'm thinking not, but then I'm just reading between the lines?

All this talk of ND$ being available in the forseable future is, IMHO all very positive n'all, but I really think that there isn't a snowballs chance in hell.

I'm not even going to think about it until the news breaks. And that could be a very long time. It'll surely be the last one to go for political reasons, and if it did, it would be gone again faster than you could say 'Fo-O o-O KFILES'.

Not worth going to jail for.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ive heard that there are a number of additional levels of encryption of the Conax system - (we are presently on level 4 but the ones in the driving seat have been testing level 7)

so its up to some really clever bod to get the screen running again

neovo

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
your right there it is in blue.
Canal Digital Nordic is using only cards with CAS 5 & 7 from now on. CAS 3 is gone forever....................................................................................................
forever is a long time.

finnurjj

Reaction score
strange. I have an cd subscription, and i haven´t recieved a new card. Mine is working fine. Had it for almost 2 years now.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Then it's obviously not one of the very old ones. :)