mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
A mixed bunch of films from this weekend. I won't get a job on Movies Now- I just tell you whether I liked it or not; if you want a proper view look on IMDB :)

12 Monkeys: hadn't watched this for years and it wasn't what I remembered.

"In a future world devastated by disease, a convict is sent back in time to gather information about the man-made virus that wiped out most of the human population on the planet."

It's a Terry Gilliam film so visually always a bit different (definetly not Minority Report) to the Hollywood norm and a "what is reality/ am I mad" plot.

Great acting from Willis, Brad Pitt is interesting (maybe even good, hard to tell); generally good acting and plot; some dodgy pony tails. Good fun. 7/10

Apocalypto: not quite what I was expecting; it was much better.

"As the Mayan kingdom faces its decline, the rulers insist the key to prosperity is to build more temples and offer human sacrifices. Jaguar Paw (Youngblood), a young man captured for sacrifice, flees to avoid his fate."

Set in the jungle of South America, it's an action/ thriller/ adventure. Instead of car chases there's lots of running. No guns but plenty of spears, clubs and traps with spikes. Lots of tense scenes. Thoroughly enjoyable. 8/10

Domino: A Tony Scott film, with Mickey Rourke and Keira Knightly.

"A recounting of Domino Harvey's life story. The daughter of actor Laurence Harvey turned away from her career as a Ford model to become a bounty hunter."

Had never heard of it so had no preconceptions. An action film about bounty hunters, a heist, the characters and a few plot twists. Not a bad film but I can't help thinking it could have been a whole lot better with someone better suited to the action role than Keira Knightly. 6/10

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
And on the adult channel... ;) Thanks for the heads-up .:D