12437 , Thor 7

Blarren

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish with motor and 2 LNB, dish with 2 twin LNB, DM500/800HD Openbox10 Vu+Solo4k
My Location
Sweden
I know it is an old thread. But I just got a VU+Solo4K and are reading up on all info about VU+ boxes.

Many suggestions here but the easiest would be to use the sat finder option.
It doesn't matter if it's S or S2. The satfinder will show the signal strenght of that frequency.

If it is sufficient it must be a tuner problem or interferencies from another source.

I have seen different DM800HD where a frequency blacks out after a while and to get it back you
have to switch back and forth beween channels, and it must be from a specific direction, either
comming from a low frequency or a high.

It is different frequencies on different boxes and must be a tuner problem in DM800HD as it is
the same channel regardless if you move it between different homes with different LNBs.

/Blarren sverige

daaihe02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel master 120 cm .
My Location
Sweden
The problem is not solvet yet. Yesterday i wanted to watch christmas programs on some channels on Thor 6 , 10903 v 2500 3/4 , but no signal. No problem with openbox sat finder , i borrowed vu+zero from friend , no problem. I even borrowed cheap chines receiver which coast 25 euro , no problem. I removed other tuners from vu+duo2 , as i have 4 satellite tuners , problem exist. . I think it is tuner problem. I do not understand why problem with all tuners although i only used one tuner since i bought the box. This is last time for me to buy vuplus product. All other function of the box is intact . I only need tuner that works properly. I only have 100 euro for that purpose. I want to buyDVB-S2 TV Tuner USB -External TV Tuner. But i do not know which one is compatible with enigma2 box ?

Blarren

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish with motor and 2 LNB, dish with 2 twin LNB, DM500/800HD Openbox10 Vu+Solo4k
My Location
Sweden
So this is a second frequency you have problem with. My VU+Solo4k seems to be a bit weak in the voltage to the LNB. It's just on the brink of working with a 25m coax.
My OpenboxS10 works much better and also the old DM500 but DM800HDPVR are also a little weak in voltage.

One thing I notice with the VU+ are that I need to have all diseq commands on repeat, but you do not use any diseq commands.
Some say your LNB might be overloaded by a too strong signal. Then hang a wet cloth over the LNB to reduce the signal for test.
DECT phones operate with 10milliwatt on 1880-1900MHz which is within the down converted frequency range the LNB feeds to the coax, 950-2150MHz.
The coax is at least double shielded and the tuner is metal cased. So if 10mW interferes it must be a leak in the shielding somewhere if people have problems with it.
There's a much higher risk of getting interference from cellular towers that transmit in the 925-960MHz and 1805-2170MHz band.
You can invest in a 10€ variable attenuator and try to reduce the signal at the receivers antenna port to rule out interference.
Different receivers have different filters at their input and are never published or tested how well they work to stop interferencies.
Could be that your tuners are not the best to filter out interference. VU+ have external USB tuners but those are probably the exact same type you already have problem with and you need another make and model with different specifications.
König satellit dämpsats 20 db - förstärkare - Ginza.se

daaihe02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel master 120 cm .
My Location
Sweden
So this is a second frequency you have problem with. My VU+Solo4k seems to be a bit weak in the voltage to the LNB. It's just on the brink of working with a 25m coax.
My OpenboxS10 works much better and also the old DM500 but DM800HDPVR are also a little weak in voltage.

One thing I notice with the VU+ are that I need to have all diseq commands on repeat, but you do not use any diseq commands.
Some say your LNB might be overloaded by a too strong signal. Then hang a wet cloth over the LNB to reduce the signal for test.
DECT phones operate with 10milliwatt on 1880-1900MHz which is within the down converted frequency range the LNB feeds to the coax, 950-2150MHz.
The coax is at least double shielded and the tuner is metal cased. So if 10mW interferes it must be a leak in the shielding somewhere if people have problems with it.
There's a much higher risk of getting interference from cellular towers that transmit in the 925-960MHz and 1805-2170MHz band.
You can invest in a 10€ variable attenuator and try to reduce the signal at the receivers antenna port to rule out interference.
Different receivers have different filters at their input and are never published or tested how well they work to stop interferencies.
Could be that your tuners are not the best to filter out interference. VU+ have external USB tuners but those are probably the exact same type you already have problem with and you need another make and model with different specifications.
König satellit dämpsats 20 db - förstärkare - Ginza.se
Thank you very much for your reply. I will test (König Satellit Dämpsats 20 dB ).