www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
Only used Sly b4 and am fed up with lack of choice and cost of subscription.

I have bought a Dreambox 7000-s (I am a pc literate xbox modder and networking it to my router should be a piece of cake)

I have opted for the 90cm Gemini Raven dish with lnb bracket.

I am in Devon and wish to receive whatever I can get for the size of dish but want to use this dish to receive Sly aswell as everything else so I'll probably need 2-3 lnb's

My question is simple

What else do I need and what would you recommend and where to buy from

Heard the .3db lnbs are the better choice but can't get my head round how this thing will fix to the wall and what hardware I need to get to get it to move.

Complete noobee

Give me a hard time if you like I probably deserve it.

By the way I think the satellites.co.uk forum is fab

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Longstockings, welcome to the forum. :)

What you propose is relatively simple, the Raven Gemini 90cm with the Eastern Satellites bracket is what you need, plus 3 LNBs, MTI are generally good value and a 2 way DiseqC switch, the Sky digitsal LNB can be cabled straight to the digibox to utilise the custom EPG.

See this thread http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=8332&highlight=raven+gemini

And this one. http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=9377&highlight=raven+gemini

You can get the offset bracket from the supplier of the dish and probably the DiseqC switch also.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The above is a static system, but will get you Astra 19.2 and Hotbird as well, if you wish to go motorised, then you would be advised to keep your existing Sky dish for that purpose and put up an additional unit for the Dreambox.

Below is a picture of a 70cm Raven on an SG-2100 motor.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden

bunnyhutch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky. PC & Laptop
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
The above is a static system, but will get you Astra 19.2 and Hotbird as well, if you wish to go motorised, then you would be advised to keep your existing Sky dish for that purpose and put up an additional unit for the Dreambox.

Below is a picture of a 70cm Raven on an SG-2100 motor.

Hi. With this dish will you get 28.2E along with 19.2E and 13E, or is that pushing it a little bit?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Depends where you are in the UK and which system you are referring to, the 70cm will be perfectly adequate for those three satellites in the South.

bunnyhutch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky. PC & Laptop
My Location
UK
Hi. Thanks for the reply rolfw.

Its the Raven Gemini 70 mesh dish with multi-lnb bracket. Location is:
Whitby, North East Coast
Lat: 54:29:22N (54.48939)
Lon: 0:37:49W (-0.63023)

According to Raven website this dish is 67.5cm x 59.5cm. This is similar than their sky region 2 dish which is 76cm x 57cm. It must have a much higher gain. I understand you can just about get 19e & 13e with the region 2 dish.

I am prondering whether to keep my mini-dish with 28e and get 19e & 13e on a separate dish. Or put them all on one, i.e the Raven G70. I'd rather stick with a fixed - not skilful enough to motorize :confused
And also don't want to go too big, and mesh I believe is better for windy coastal areas