2.4 Channel Master Offset

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
Nelson what's your sub Saharan beam like? I bet you'd get a lot more of the Russian beam if frequency reuse wasn't there. I get 12245H and 12054H for DSTV (nice to see old names like Supersport scanning in).

Using the 1.8 to check those transponders i get 8.7 - 9.db on 12245 H and
on 12054 H i get 0.0 to 1.0 db ..... but if i select V i get a fairly steady 2.0 db :-lol

i,m leaving the circular setup on the big dish for now - to see how much it is a time of day thing with the transponders i get there .....

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Do you still want that circular lnb?

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
Do you still want that circular lnb?

yes - i wouldn,t mind trying it, to see how it compares to todays arrangement ...
when ever its convenient for to you to send it ....

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
As the weather cleared this afternoon and i,m probably going to be out and about most of this weekend i put the universal/circular setup on this dish ...
No more of the Russian transponders were gained ... just got the three (now with a decent margin) that had very occasional/ marginal lock on the 1.8 1n the past .. the only difference being that 12092 now locks on the circular setup and is now the strongest -- where previously it was the weakest on circular and would only lock with a linear l.n.b. on wrong polarity ...
i tried 3 different C120 universals on the c.m. feed + plate
Inverto white tech
Inverto black pro
and Invacom quad
to be honest they are about equal ... the black pro had 0.1 db over the other two .
Such a pity that everything is encrypted here on these three transponders :(:(

View attachment 98535 View attachment 98536 View attachment 98537 View attachment 98538
hello nelson please read here
Forum - View Single Post - HD 4136 - additional FTA networks on IS20

HD 4136 - additional FTA networks on IS20 - Forum

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
My "circular" l.n.b was just a universal C120 (inverto Black pro i think) with a plate in the channel master feed ...

Hello nelson, picked this up for testing, will report findings when dish goes up
IMG_2946.JPG IMG_2947.JPG IMG_2948.JPG

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hello nelson, picked this up for testing, will report findings when dish goes up
View attachment 100108 View attachment 100109 View attachment 100110
Hi -- B.M.

I t looks almost unused ... will be interesting to see what kind of performance you get from that OMT ... have you got l.n.b,s that will fit on it ....

I have something similar that came with some other kit years ago but i,v never used it as i did not have the correct type of l.n.b. ... must try and find it later and see if its the same .... i,d forgotton about it till i saw your picture :)

Did you get the dielectric plate/slab with the feedhorn ?

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Hi -- B.M.

I t looks almost unused ... will be interesting to see what kind of performance you get from that OMT ... have you got l.n.b,s that will fit on it ....

I have something similar that came with some other kit years ago but i,v never used it as i did not have the correct type of l.n.b. ... must try and find it later and see if its the same .... i,d forgotton about it till i saw your picture :)

Did you get the dielectric plate/slab with the feedhorn ?
Hello nelson, it came as a unit OMT and feed horn, no lnb but will get some, friend spotted it and bought it on my behalf £43 :)

Post some pictures when you find it please.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It's a cross-pol feed for uplinking, used in the late 90's, and would normally have been fitted to a 90cm CM dish. All decommissioned around 2004.

I have the NJRC uplinking kit and LNBs in the shed if you are interested (all High Ku 12.5 GHz from memory but can check over the weekend).

The feeds will work on all frequencies though.

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
It's a cross-pol feed for uplinking, used in the late 90's, and would normally have been fitted to a 90cm CM dish. All decommissioned around 2004.

Thanks this is a uplinking kit from the late 90s
IMG_2972.JPG IMG_2973.JPG

I have the NJRC uplinking kit and LNBs in the shed if you are interested (all High Ku 12.5 GHz from memory but can check over the weekend).

The feeds will work on all frequencies though
Thanks for the offer I have a few now.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I wasn't going to try selling them to you as they are licensed products, but if you want the specification of the system they used to be sold as (a complete system )

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
I wasn't going to try selling them to you as they are licensed products, but if you want the specification of the system they used to be sold as (a complete system )
Thanks again. would certainly be interested in the speciation if you have links etc, over the years ive collected various parts myself, do like reading and learning new things thanks

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks again. would certainly be interested in the speciation if you have links etc, over the years ive collected various parts myself, do like reading and learning new things thanks

OK, the original system was Eutelsat approved (EA-V021), a cross pol VSat system using a small Gilat tranceiver (o.5W) and NJRC LNB on a 90CM dish

Approval was removed around 10 years ago, but the Gilat equipment I believe was already out of manufacture before 2003.

Successor (AN-3422-02) as per below

Gilat Satellite Networks Ku-BAND ODU transmitter p/n AN-3422-02 noise converter

System performance for approval.

Average G/T - 19.4 dB/K , Max uplink EIRP - 41 dBW / 4 kHz

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hello nelson, it came as a unit OMT and feed horn, no lnb but will get some, friend spotted it and bought it on my behalf £43 :)

Post some pictures when you find it please.

Hi -
Different piece of kit ..... pictures as promised .... :)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Hello nelson, anything to report. tests compared to the 1.8 dish ? any gained frequencys etc ?

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi --- @blademedia
I had forgotten about this .. :-doh ... i did set this up on the 2.4 one day at the end of november ..
nothing gained though ... most transponders i tried were a couple of db down on my current setup ,
the l.n.b i used was from an rather old co rotor that i have, and probably is poor compared to anything current ... i have borrowed(from Vipersan) another l.n.b. again from an old co rotor just to compare to the one i used .. but due to poor weather and work prior to xmas i,v not had time to give it a try ... things happen slowly here sometimes :)

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Thanks nelson, sure you will get round to it, springs not to far away:)