moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The levelling system will lift the wheels off the ground

Thanks for the explanation.
Nice idea, if I understand correctly, the wheels remain fixed to the metal frame and the frame is then raised off the sleepers using the levelling system with the wheels no longer in contact with the sleepers.

Thx

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Nice idea, if I understand correctly, the wheels remain fixed to the metal frame and the frame is then raised off the sleepers using the levelling system with the wheels no longer in contact with the sleepers.

Thx
Yes you've got it :), will also use straps to sleepers as a extra precaution sleepers will weigh half tonne + when wet

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Amazing pictures of that equipment, never seen anything like it for some of the bits.

What is the feed assembly, is it a triple C Band feed or triple Ku Band feed? Also what is the small grey/silver metal box with the red label and button on it?

Thx

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Amazing pictures of that equipment, never seen anything like it for some of the bits.

What is the feed assembly, is it a triple C Band feed or triple Ku Band feed? Also what is the small grey/silver metal box with the red label and button on it?

Thx
Ive no idea what the feed is ? the red button thing is stops you cant fit them inside as documented here, read on
DIY Horizon to Horizon Polar Mount

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
See better here how it works, when metal hits the button motor cuts out, prevent any damage
IMG_3314.JPG

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Assembled the king post, replaced old bolts, need to assemble the base and install the wheels next
IMG_3329.JPG IMG_3330.JPG IMG_3331.JPG IMG_3332.JPG IMG_3333.JPG IMG_3334.JPG IMG_3335.JPG IMG_3336.JPG

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Last two base sections drilled only one part to drag out now, using pipes as a roller i feel like I'm building Stonehenge its the only way I can move them, trolley jack will be needed tomorrow to lift the dam thing to install wheels,

Nice to have the workshop floor back, was getting fed up of falling the base
IMG_3340.JPG IMG_3339.JPG

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK

Thx
Hello moonbounce, a few pictures, only had one level made up, next job make three more, it will have six in total, will install other after inspection
IMG_3348.JPG IMG_3349.JPG IMG_3350.JPG IMG_3351.JPG

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hello moonbounce, a few pictures, only had one level made up, next job make three more, it will have six in total, will install other after inspection

Thanks for the pics, its looking good, there's gonna be some juicy signals captured with the dish, it's a mans dish. I am looking forward to the reports.

One question, have you plans to place a small steel plate where the threaded rod is in contact with the wood?
It's a nice levelling and locking system, the man from the council is gonna be impressed with this, he will probably never have seen anything like it.

You have had plenty use out of that MAG drill, definitely worth buying for this type of project.

Rgds

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Thanks for the pics, its looking good, there's gonna be some juicy signals captured with the dish, it's a mans dish. I am looking forward to the reports.

One question, have you plans to place a small steel plate where the threaded rod is in contact with the wood?
It's a nice levelling and locking system, the man from the council is gonna be impressed with this, he will probably never have seen anything like it.

You have had plenty use out of that MAG drill, definitely worth buying for this type of project.

Rgds

Thanks, yes they will be a plate on sleeper, it would sink into wood if not, yes drill well worth money it would have taken hours without it,

Other three levelling parts finished, will let them cool down before installation
IMG_3352.JPG

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Its on wood atm picture was just to show how it works
IMG_3353.JPG

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Base finished, decided to try it with four wheels had a little test drive and it moves quite easy will test drive it better tomorrow with dish moved,

Need to work out a way to install kingpost to it tomorrow
IMG_3356.JPG IMG_3358.JPG IMG_3354.JPG

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
It's looking good.

I noticed that some of the rail tracks seem to have new cuts at the ends, did you cut them yourself?
It would have taken a good saw or grinding wheel to cut through that amount of steel.

Rgds