2.4m Raven (Formerly ASC Signal, formerly Andrews, formerly Channel Master) dish inst

geoffrey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4M ChannelMaster Offset with Smart Titanium TQS LNB. LG SMART TV with SuperTrack V-Box 2 on ChannelMaster 1.2M Offset. TBS5925 tuner with EBSPro on Windows 10 laptop. Satlook Digital NIT.
My Location
Israel
I have removed my attempt at pasting and added the picture as an attachment.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That's done the trick :)

Malard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4M Type 243 Ku RxTx
My Location
Peterborough
geoffrey said:
Many thanks for a very useful set of posts - as I am planning a 243 installation. I want to mount my antenna inverted as I am only looking at Astra which is at 53 degrees elevation here. This will make the dish 30 degrees from horizontal (as the offset angle is 22.6 degrees) so it can be more easily hidden. From the pictures (both your pictures and the installation manual) it looks as if the dish can be mounted inverted if the elevation attachment bracket is simply moved to the other end of the backframe assembly (or a new bracket fabricated for that position). From your now intimate knowledge of the antenna can you say if it looks if my proposal will work

You should have no difficulty in adjusting the reflector to a 30 degree ~ angle.

the picture you attached is identical to the bracket that the unit ships with.

This would appear to be another instance of Raven trying to sell items that are not required.

I experienced a similar issue when i was oversold on my order and they would not accept a return.

Just buy the dish and kingpost/non penetrating ground mount and you will have everything you need except and LNB

combridge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
azbox premium
viasat hd,sky hd,
tecnomate 6900 hd
1.2 motorised dish
1.8 precision
My Location
staffordshire
hi fantastic set up what r the pictures lke at the other end when you stream them is it still a good picture or do you lose some of the quailty thanks.
ive got 1.8 at moment and only get all v in the day time at 70% no h till night but thinking of up grading to a 2.4 but ive heard alot about people streaming it to each other but picture not very good just wondered what your thoughts were cheers

Malard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4M Type 243 Ku RxTx
My Location
Peterborough
combridge said:
hi fantastic set up what r the pictures lke at the other end when you stream them is it still a good picture or do you lose some of the quailty thanks.
ive got 1.8 at moment and only get all v in the day time at 70% no h till night but thinking of up grading to a 2.4 but ive heard alot about people streaming it to each other but picture not very good just wondered what your thoughts were cheers

Absolutely no problems at any time of the day from my location to get nilesat on a 2.4m dish

Could'nt fault it :)

combridge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
azbox premium
viasat hd,sky hd,
tecnomate 6900 hd
1.2 motorised dish
1.8 precision
My Location
staffordshire
thanks do you use sling box to stream the pictures

geoffrey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4M ChannelMaster Offset with Smart Titanium TQS LNB. LG SMART TV with SuperTrack V-Box 2 on ChannelMaster 1.2M Offset. TBS5925 tuner with EBSPro on Windows 10 laptop. Satlook Digital NIT.
My Location
Israel
Malard said:
You should have no difficulty in adjusting the reflector to a 30 degree ~ angle.

the picture you attached is identical to the bracket that the unit ships with.

This would appear to be another instance of Raven trying to sell items that are not required.

I experienced a similar issue when i was oversold on my order and they would not accept a return.

Just buy the dish and kingpost/non penetrating ground mount and you will have everything you need except and LNB

Many thanks fo the reply.
From the pictures it looks as if the bracket is welded to the back support - are you saying that its actually bolted on ?

Geoffrey

Malard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4M Type 243 Ku RxTx
My Location
Peterborough
geoffrey said:
Many thanks fo the reply.
From the pictures it looks as if the bracket is welded to the back support - are you saying that its actually bolted on ?

Geoffrey

It's all bolts to construct any welding is from fabrication

look at the component pictures to get a netter idea

thanks

Malard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4M Type 243 Ku RxTx
My Location
Peterborough
combridge said:
thanks do you use sling box to stream the pictures

No, I've actually got a set of exterity pro encoders to the job but I wouldn't rate them highly despite their 4.5k price tag

if I was going to do this again I would possibly use slingboxes and then do an encoding of the pictures at the remote location into an ip stream

combridge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
azbox premium
viasat hd,sky hd,
tecnomate 6900 hd
1.2 motorised dish
1.8 precision
My Location
staffordshire
cheers are you still getting strong frequence on both transponders thanks

Malard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4M Type 243 Ku RxTx
My Location
Peterborough
combridge said:
cheers are you still getting strong frequence on both transponders thanks

yes and i have no reason to suspect it changing in the future.

jagxf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised 2.4mtr channel master pick up nile sat
My Location
westmidlands birmingham
hi there saw your dish very nice i have the same set up do you pick up nile sat 201

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
hi there saw your dish very nice i have the same set up do you pick up nile sat 201

You might not get an answer jagxf, this is an old thread, and malard has not logged in since 2010.
Capture.JPG

daaihe02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel master 120 cm .
My Location
Sweden
How many channels do you pick up from 7 /8 West ?

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk

I will be able to let you know in a few weeks time :).

Its a pity malard no longer uses this forum :(, nice install :)