2 digiboxes - lnb - no signal on 1

D

daveb

Hi

I am very new to this game , can anyone advise. I have a PACE digibox , a Amstrad digibox and a signal splitter and the appopriate cables. I can have either digibox live but if I have them together 1 gets signal , the other doesn't , just gets an error message "For Your Information" "No Satellite Signal received" .
What am I doing wrong , or what do I have to do to get signal. I was getting signal on both initially but then this issue started.

Many thanks

Dave

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Amstrad (early) receivers are notorious for forgetting the LNB voltage or tone settings if disconnected from the LNB, even if only momentarily. Im sure if you unplug and reconect it all comes back.

The Pace may or may not be in a similar position

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
daveb said:
Hi

I have a PACE digibox , a Amstrad digibox and a signal splitter and the appopriate cables. I can have either digibox live but if I have them together 1 gets signal , the other doesn't , just gets an error message "For Your Information" "No Satellite Signal received" .

Dave

A signal splitter? not possible for correct operation as a 13/18v and tone is sent out by the digibox to control the V/H polarity and band switching.

If one port of the splitter is "though power" it will control the LNB and provided that both receivers are on the same polarity signal should go to both.

The only satisfactory way to run 2+ boxes is with a twin or quad LNB.

diarmuid

Reaction score
Had the same problem Dave with two digiboxes. Drove me mad because I could get the signal on one then the other but not both and got all your error messages as swell. In the end it's not technically possible or advisable. It was solved by the use of the Quad LNB.