2 feeds from 1 antenna ??

mikk

Reaction score
I want to run a 2nd cable off the main ariel (in the loft) that feeds tv & freeview box in front room, to a tv and freeview box in the bedroom. Will this cause problems by weakening the signal?. Both tellys will not be on at the same time. We are close to the main transmitter so signal is quite strong.
m.

J

Jeff_19341

Try a low power double outlet booster.
Aerial/antenna into booster, one co-ax out of each outlet to your two TV's.
I wish people who cannot spell aerial :-doh! would would call it an antenna instead.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have a strong input signal, then a straightforward two way splitter will probably work. It is irrelevant how many TVs are switched on, every individual splitter has a fixed insertion loss, so if your signal is strong enough, it will work, if not, then a small amp as Jumbuck suggests will work.

mikk

Reaction score
Splitter?, I was thinking of just sticking the 2 wires of the co-ax from the 2nd feed into the terminals on the original ariAl. Will be a bit tight but should be possible? Is there a reason why I shouldn't do this?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, it normally doesn't work that well and the cap is difficult to weatherproof, having said that,try it, it may work. :)

Garv

Reaction score
I agree, just use a splitter, looks better, will probably perform better, it's easy to do and very cheap. keep a little panache about it!