28.2 left of right of 19.2? polar mount

weldermk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo receiver, 90cm dish,
single lnb
My Location
Iceland
Hi, starting to think I'm going crazy! I Decided to up grade my 90cm dish to a 1.2m polar mounted Channel Master dish with a Actuator not installed the motor yet but the postioner is in place, Concreted in the poll perfect. For a week I couldnt get anything, now after more playing I can get a 90% signal on 19.2 lots of german tv, but can find any other sats?
I know these dishes are different to set up as I have to markers to setup my laditude! (65.2). Im having problems now and I havent even got to setting up the motor!! lol
Anyone fancy walking this Idoit through what I need to do, Donation we'll be given to this site, Tried to post pics, but got a warning for it???
Thanks,
Mark.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Weldermk,

You can upload any images you may have as attachments. Forum rules state no IMG links.

weldermk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
single lnb
My Location
Iceland
Hope these pics are ok, and help

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The basic principle for setting up a polar mount is exactly the same as a Diseqc motor. You need to read one of the guides. Explain what you did and what went wrong, then we can help you.

Upload the pictures straight to the forum, by clicking on manage attachments

I have used an inclinometer to set the elevation for the polar mount, useful if the scale is dificult to read or not accurate.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 29

weldermk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
single lnb
My Location
Iceland
Well after much playing about in the cold, I managed to get a 50% signal on 28.2e! still not sure why, as I able to get 98% on 19.2e so easily. Still gonna try to set myself up on 15w and I'm sure i'll be back on here looking for some encouragement lol
Mark