2a North Beam&2d

barney

Reaction score
HELLO I'M WRITING FROM THE CENTRE OF ITALY . I'VE GOT A 3M PRIMEFOCUS DISH AND A PANI 30 RECIEVER . I CAN SEE GRANADA + AND C4 FROM 11 TO 9AM AND IF I MOVE MY DISH I CAN ALSO GET EUROSPORT FROM 3.30PM TO 8PM BUT MOVING MY DISH I LOOSE SIGNAL ON THE OTHER CHANNELS.WHEN I START GETTING C4 I GET 20%SIGNAL AND 20% QUALITY ,BUT IN THE EVENING I HAVE 50%QUALITY AND SIGNAL. WHY DO I HAVE THIS PROBLEM CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANJKS

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
It is normal for satellite footprints to have variations this is due to a large number of reasons including maintaining the position of the satellite by the use of the on board thrusters. (approx every 3-4 weeks)

Normally every satellite drifts marginally in its pre defined area in space along the geo stationary orbit- external influences cause the satellite to drift they include gravitational effects, thermal extremities etc.

Additional the cycle (approx 4 hours) you identify is most likely a result of the actual power on board the satellite changing marginally due to re-positioning of the solar cells to maintain the satellites aspect to the sun.
As a consequence the satellite's Transponder TWA (Travelling tube wave amplifiers output will also change marginally this results in a minor change in level of signal within the defined recieving footprints area.

When you consider that a majority of TWA are around 100 Watt's it gives you an indication of why only a small change in TWA power results in quite signifcant changes within the recieving area.

What type of LNB system are you using a normal Universal ?, and how has the LNB been setup ?- I know from your region that a Patriot 3.8 mtr works fine,what type of mtr dish do you have ? could you provide further detials of your set up and exact location please so that we can try to help further.

regards

Old satellite

barney

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
I've the same latitudine of ROME, but im on ADRIATIC SEA (ABRUZZI). I've a lnb MTI AP8... universal 0.6db, and i've regulated the skew at the best possible (little adjustmen and i lose the signal).
The dish is a 3 mt prime focus (2 piecesof fobreglass) made from Pellini in Italy(they say the on of the best in Italy ). I've a Panny 30 and 35 mt run cable.
Last week i was in CAMPOBASSO (MOLISE) below my latitudine about 50 miles.My friend have a 180 cm Channel Master, offset, alnb Twin 0.7-0.8 db and 20 mt of cable. I,ve connected my Panny and we can have the signal from the low frequency (from 11778 to 11939) and no signal fro high frequency. exactly the opposite of the my location ( i've the high freq, and no the low freq).
the signal of high freq is ok around 5 pm when i've ok the signal from low frequency.
For have the signal from 11778 i had move the dish of just millimeter and at 8.00 pm when the signal go away, i had the remove the dish for continue to have the other signal.
Why???????????

thank you.

ameolive

Archived Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Rome ITALY
Hy

I'm writing from Rome.

I'm sorry but I'm not an expert so I cannot tell you why you have
been experiencing the problems you described in priciple with a 3 mt dish you should be able to receive all the ASTRA 2 channels here in central Italy.

The only I can say is that with my 80 cm dish and my Grundig digibox I can receive Ch4 at any hours of the day and of the night ( 100 % strenght and 30 % quality at noon with clear sky)

I experienced some pixelazation problems only at night ( between 7 pm and 11 pm) but with very heavy rain conditions such as those we had here in Rome one month ago ( many calls to firefighter for house flooding ! ) .

As for ITV I have always the message ' no satellite .. ' displayed.
But this is not a surprise considering the EIRP footprint of ASTRA 2D and my dish size.

Hope that this helps

Regards
ameolive