2old4these

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Herewith post on Modshack.

What are the rules on username

someone is trying to steal my username i have been using this username on modshack for over a year now where was this guy then. got a pm saying he wants it

shall i give it back to him?

or shall i tell him to piss off first come first register

My Reply

If that were the whole truth of the story I would agree, you were very politely informed a long time ago that it was the user name of a well respected satellite hobbyist/Admin/Moderator and has been for several years. The original response was made to avoid confusion, particularly as the real 2old was receiving private mail with explanations of very basic questions that he was supposed to have asked in another forum.

Of course no one owns the username and in real terms it is first come first served, but does it really make any sense to take that to the extreme, particularly as this is a close knit community and hobbyists tend to be members of many boards

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Thanks. I have responded there. Interesting that there were so many sarcastic remarks and inferences drawn from my not yet having responded. They must think that I have nothing else to do with my time than spend all day logged into every satellite board that exists. Don't these people have jobs and families too???

Can't say I'm surprised by the misinformation and completely one-sided view portrayed by the imposter. It's about par for his course.

2old

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not really surprising at some of the responses, Modshack is a very general forum, so a lot of members are not particularly active satellite hobbyists, if at all and are probably there to use the other sections provided. Given that situation, they are unlikely to know many of the older established backroom names in tha satellite world. I personally find it quite a good forum and use it periodically, its always good to get a balanced view on everything.

If you look at the posts made by the 2old4this on that forum and also his offerings on Digital forums, they are mostly off topic (not satellite), but quite numerous, I think one of the more interesting was "Where can I buy a knuckle duster" on Digital forums.

If he'd stuck to his presence on Modshack there probably wouldn't be any real confusion, but he now seems intent on registering the name on every available satellite forum and obviously has the time to do it at the drop of a hat.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Maybe 2old4this has a twin brother or its one of those strange parallel universe things where everyone apparently has
a double of themselves in the world who they never meet. :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well sounds like this series of sliders has finally come to an end, there would appear to be some sort of amicable solution around the corner. I'm sure that 2old will inform us when the results come in and we can perhaps draw the curtains on this episode.

Its always a bit of a shame when there are clashes like this, the hobby generally is a lot of fun and we all seem to get on most of the time. :) So I'll leave it to 2old to say when the thread can be closed.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
We have (hopefully) resolved this matter now. The other 2old4this will change his name to 2old4that. Will no doubt still cause some confusion, but it's an improvement on the current situation.

Mods/admin: please move this thread to "chit-chat" and close it.

2old

Status
Not open for further replies.