3 Questions

amrhady

Reaction score
Dear All,

I've got 3 questions that i hope you could help me with.

1. I don't have a 9 pin port on my laptop for the RS-232 Cable to connect it to, but i've another cable that connects the my decoder (Strong SRT 4800II) to my laptop's LPT1 Port. The problem is that i can't find any software that enables me to download to the decoder through this laptop's port. Any Help ?

2. Could anyone guide me to where to find keys for ART( Arab Radio and Television Package) on Nilesat or Hotbird. Also, the Orbit Package no Arabsat. In general, where is the best place to find Keys?

3. After i updated my STRONG firmware 2 days ago, i'm having a problem. The volume could no longer be adjusted for each channel speratly. Meanging, i used to be able to switch between channels, while have a different volume level for each channel, but not it's only one volume level for all channels.

Sorry for the long thread, appreciate your help.

Regards,
Amr

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi amrhady

As far as your first question is concerned, if you have a USB port on your laptop you could buy a usb to serial (9pin) connector.

Others may help you with your second and third questions.