36v Receiver or V-Box - Help/Advice Sought

Piswo

Reaction score
My Location
South East England
Hi,

My Echostar AD3000IP has recently expired after six years of fairly loyal service (had a few memory problems)

I was hoping someone could recommend a suitable 36v replacement (the Manhattan series (ST-450/550) seem to be well received) or would I be better to buy a V-Box (I have a 1.2M dish) and connect that to a cheaper DiSEqC receiver (one of the new Technomate's for example)

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ian.

Orthoclipse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
I too replaced an AD3000IP with a Manhattan. IMO the 36v positioner in the ST550 is rubbish. It continually loses position and has to be resynced. It also has has a tendency to speed off in a particular direction for no apparent reason. Manhattan have been made aware of this with a number of months and seem to have no intention of rectifying it.

In the end I put a Vbox in between the actuator and used the diseqc controls of the ST550. The Vbox, unlike the Manhattan, does what it's supposed to do.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would go for a V-Box, then the world is your oyster for choice of receiver, there are so many good ones out there. :)