Advice Needed 3G-SDI Over Fibre

ottoj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5LNB's over fiber
My Location
Los Angeles
Hi All,

I need to broadcast and stream HD events using the QuestTel 3G-SDI extender over fibre. I am looking into having the ability to do full multicam mixes in 4K. Before I even look at investing in additional equipment, is there such thing as a 30km 3G, 6G, or 12G SDI fibre that's capable of UHD 6K? What's the maximum distance a 6K SDI fibre can run? What are users doing for 6K long cable runs.

Thank you,
Otto

A

archive10

Hi All,

I need to broadcast and stream HD events using the QuestTel 3G-SDI extender over fibre. I am looking into having the ability to do full multicam mixes in 4K. Before I even look at investing in additional equipment, is there such thing as a 30km 3G, 6G, or 12G SDI fibre that's capable of UHD 6K? What's the maximum distance a 6K SDI fibre can run? What are users doing for 6K long cable runs.

Thank you,
Otto
Hi ottoj, welcome to the forum.

But I think you will find that this is really a hobbyist's forum, and very few will have the need/occasion to transmit anything over SDI, and most likely not over fibre.
When I built studios and OB vans, certainly did, but when receiving stuff from DTH satellite - probably never will.
Good luck with your pursuit, though. It's quite an interesting topic...