4 x 4.1 vs. 17:4 Multiswitch

AlmostsWISS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Still in planning. Expected: Humax iCord Receiver, 88cm Triax Dish, 2 Quattro LNB's, pointing at Astra2d and Hotbird8
My Location
Switzerland
I am about to set up a system with support for up to 4 satellites feeding up to 4 receivers.

I understand that I could do this via two methods:
I use Quad LNBs and have 4 x 4.1 switches, each feeding a receiver... or

I use Quattro LNBs with a 17.4 (or even 17.8) switch.

Which method would you choose and why?

Is there an advantage to going the more expensive (big multiswitch) route? I am in a fringe reception area (Zurich, Switzerland) and want to include 28.2 East in this package. Currently intending only 3 satellites though.

Also might be important to note, will only be using well reviewed products from Axing, Neuling, and Spaun etc.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

For personal use, I would use the first method, as it would be far cheaper. Also, if the multiswitch should fail, it would be very expensive to replace. Where if a single 4x1 switch went, only one component would need replacing.

An Advantage of a multiwitch is that you can use it to distribute a feed from a TV aerial for example as well using the 17th input.

Robbo:)