500s and LNB problems

smokingdragon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
D500s Maxview Crank Up Dish
My Location
S Wales
Hi

I've successfully got my 500S working in place of my existing Sk* Panasonic box, both on 12v and through 240V using the transformer.

However I've just installed a Maxview manual control satellite dish on my Motorhome. Again the dish works great with the Panasonic box, its even receives better signal than the house dish. When I put the DB on the Maxview it failed to find a transponder (12v and 240v). So I put a sat finder meter on it and I noticed it wasn't powering the meter. I checked the finder and it requires a min voltage of 13v. Checked the Panasonic and it outputs 13v through the F connector.

So all I can presume is that the Dreambox is not producing enough juice to power this maxview LNB.

Any thoughts??

Simon:confused

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If you put a meter on the output of the 500 it should be over 13v- mine was about 18v. What amp psu are you using?

There are also some settings in one of the menus for setting up the LNBs.

smokingdragon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S Wales
Hi

Just put a meter on it and no volts - 13.8v off the Panasonic. The reason it works on the house dish is that it is a quad lnb and is powered from the downstairs box.

Now to contact my dealer!!

Simon

smokingdragon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
S Wales
Hi

Dealer found that my box would corrupt an image after a period of time so he put it down to faulty flash memory.

The replacement box is much faster, powers a satfinder and also works!!

Now to start re imaging to get it work with Sky etc.

Cheers

Simon:)