500s help

larnerj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
east london
ive just used dream up and it says-your box is alive and speaking to us-would i get this if my box was a clone -many thanks

tamazgha2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
tamazgha
yes,even it's a clone you get the same message

larnerj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
east london
thanks for your quick answer-i bought this box from the main supplier in the uk originals only he said

larnerj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
east london
so ive got a clone -i bought my db from a shop who say they only sell originals it might have been in 2006 but its going back believe me-thanks for all your help

larnerj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
east london
no-its not a clone ive checked the pictures on the other thread and my DB is an original-actually just like what the man said at sms when i phoned him-what can i do now?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
What's your question? Have you read the Idiot's Guide?

IMnobody

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 dishes 2 DM500s 1Pansat lots of computers and junk
My Location
USA
larnerj said:
no-its not a clone ive checked the pictures on the other thread and my DB is an original-actually just like what the man said at sms when i phoned him-what can i do now?

It's not about the picture, it the MAC address the units uses which will determine weather the unit is a "Clone" or, "Original". If the units MAC address starts with 00:12:25:xx:xx:xx it's a clone. IF it starts with 00:09:34 it's an "Original"
About the only danger to a "Clone" is running Gemini's images on it. Their later versions corrupt the units Boot Loader, forcing the user to recover it by re-installing the boot loader, with a J-tag cable.

IM