60cm - 74cm

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi All

Will the above mentioned upgrade in dish size result in a significant improvememnt in reception?

I'm in Nuernberg, Germany and ITV 1 works when the weather is o.k but only till about 21.00 and BBC is only working in the afternoon?

Any help appreciated

Nick

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unles there are reasons why you cannot go to more than 74cm Nick, it would be in your interest to make as big a jump as possible. If you are receiving intermittent reception with a 60cm, then a 90cm with a decent LNB like an invacom would really pay dividends.

I'm not saying that a good 74cm dish with a good LNB wouldn't solve your problems, but it may be a bit hit and miss.

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks for the reply. I could go probably to 80 cm but bec ause of the 'right angle ' that the dish is on and the direction the dish is facing i dont have enough clearence between the rim of the dish and the balcony wall.

Guess its time for a new 'right angle'

Is there any advantage/disadvantage between oval and round dishes?

Could you make a suggestion for a good LNB please? Mine is 0.6dB. Is that good for fringe reception areas?

Sorry about all the ??????'s

THX

Nick

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
My current favourite and value for money dish is the Raven 90cm, it is eliptical, but with the longest dimension on the horizontal. From an LNB performance to price standpoint, you cannot get much better value than the invacom 0.3db.

If you have clearance problems, you can get a stand off bracket which will give you the required movement.