68.5 east - test setup

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
Captain Jack said:
All other Ku TPs on that satellite are fine - it's just the Mongolian one that's rather weak.

I remember you putting your 1.2m dish on the same mount for C band when you were testing 49E and you couldn't get the elevation low enough for satellites beyond 57E. That's why I mentioned it :)
ah -- yes you remember well -- :) vey similar setup in almost the same place ..
i gould not get lower because of the supporing pole --
this setup is slightly different - the support /pole is hanging down this time and the pole going down to the ground is just a support strut and can be moved easily :) ---
i was more worried that the l.n.b. would be hitting the ground with the 1.2 -- thats what i thought you meant ---- fingers crossed ---

just found a pic of the 57 east dish -- ( see below )

cheers ----

Attachments

• mount 57 east.jpg
    mount 57 east.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 159

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
hi -
spent far too much time on this project today - l.o.l. - but had a result of sorts :mellow:
the clouds cleared early evening here tonight .
so i put on the 1.2 dish face lined it up on k/u , then setup a C band l.n.b. and spent ages putting in t.p.details manually, as blind scans showed zero activity .
got a slight flicker of signal from - 4103 V 7800 but not long enough for a picture
intermittent flashes of signal from - 4155 V 22500 - managed to catch a couple of them on camera
gone now though -- nothing as soon as the cloud came back ,
may try to fine tune the setup again if the skies clear tommorow night --- i dont really expect to lock a transponder with a 1.2 dish -- but i have to keep trying having gone this far . :)

cheers ----

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 124

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
kingkad said:
good luck with that, i get 68.5e on my 3.8m, but wud b interesting to see if it can b caught with a 1.8m, i have someone in bradford that needs to downlink feeds from there so if 1.8m works well then ill recommend him a 2.4m instead of 3.8m
hi -
yes i,v seen the pics on here of that --- super 3.8 dish (very nice)
had some good clear nights recently - so fine tuned the 1.2 but no advance on the signal from that one transponder. and still zero signal from any other C band frequencies. so i,v taken it down now.

It would be interesting to try with a 1.8 - but my 1.8 Alcoa p.f. is still in use for turksat k/u east beam , and it would be more work than i have time for at the moment, to move it to a temporary place with a clear view of 68.5 E. -- but i,m encouraged by getting a sniff of something with the 1.2.
so maybe, during the summer months ---- ?
bradford will have a similar. but slightly better elevation to the sat than here - i,m about 30 miles due west of there.

regards nelson.b.

emmakgl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed and Motorised satellite installation
LAN Receiver ( How to connect to server or setup to server)
How to use different CamD code
My Location
London
Dear Nelson

May you kindly scan this FTA Canal CVV International TP: 12682 H / SR 26657 / FEC: ½ Satellite: 68.5E INTELSAT 20 (IS-20) KU Band

I am under a project trying to lock this satellite in London using 1.1 meter fixed dishe & Technomate TM-2 0.1 db LNB
Here is the result from Dish Point (Satellite finder - Dish Alignment calculator) via Google where they are a good clear line of sight to the east.
My Location Latitude: 51.6130°
Longitude: -0.0698° Sat Name: 68.5E INTELSAT 20 (IS-20) | INTELSAT 7 (IS-7) Ku Band
Distance: 41187km
Elevation: 4.4°
Azimuth (true): 107.1° > Azimuth (magn.): 108.4° > LNB Skew [?]: -36.4°

Looking to your elevation I am quite hoping to get as my elevation is 4.4

Many thanks in advance for your cooperation

EmmaSat
London

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hi
i,m away from home just now - but will check the channel list when i get home -
but i am fairly sure that i was getting that transponder
with a clear view of the sat a 1.1 dish should be more than enough

cheers -- :)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
can get this on my Penta 85cm dish in Bristol where elevation is around 3 degrees, so you shouldn't have a problem receiving this in London IF you have a good line of sight. Any bushes, trees or buildings in the way on your horizon will all affect this.

Attachments

• cvv.JPG
    cvv.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 208

emmakgl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Hi Nelson

Thank you for your kind reply.
I am going now to try and hope to be back with good news.

Once again many thanks

EmmaSat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Good luck - you will need a clear view out towards the south east as 68.5E is barely above the horizon here in the UK.

emmakgl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Hello Nelson

My project to lock at 68.5E INTELSAT 20 (IS-20) | INTELSAT 7 (IS-7) Ku Band still underway.
I am getting the signal from 28.E to 57.E NSS but still truggling to get my favourite channel @ 68.5 TP: 12682 H / SR 26657
Could you please give if possible any advice in the terms of the kind of LNB or receiver used from your site or else your dish setup picture.
Hope your advice helpfull

Regards

Emmasat

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Can you receive 62E or 66E? Try these first. Don't forget, the ground must be flat in front on your dish. No buildings, not trees... nothing. Post a picture of 68.5E's view if you can.

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
emmakgl said:
Hello Nelson

My project to lock at 68.5E INTELSAT 20 (IS-20) | INTELSAT 7 (IS-7) Ku Band still underway.
I am getting the signal from 28.E to 57.E NSS but still truggling to get my favourite channel @ 68.5 TP: 12682 H / SR 26657
Could you please give if possible any advice in the terms of the kind of LNB or receiver used from your site or else your dish setup picture.
Hope your advice helpfull

Regards
Emmasat
hi -
i can only echo what captain jack says in the above post regarding a very clear view to the satellite - and if you could Post a picture of your view towards 68.5E from your intended install position - have you checked your line of sight using dishpointer.com ?

nothing special needed re the l.n.b. or receiver, 68.5 europe beam is quite strong - and the transponder you are seeking is no exeption - i was receiving it no problem - even with 80x90 cm offset dish .

are you using a 1.1 meter fixed dish & Technomate TM-2 0.1 db LNB as stated in an earlier post ?
it should easily be enough for any receiver.

if you are using a offset dish it will need to be pointing downwards at quite an angle -
have a look at the picture in post 17 (this thread), your elevation to the sat is better than mine being further south so it will be not quite as steep as mine. obstacles in the line of sight are usually the problem with this sat.
i have only two places here where i can see 68.5 E and neither of them are suitable for a permanent install.

regards -- nelson.b.

emmakgl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Yes
Their is.

Will be back soon after today setup

EmmaSat

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi, I wish more peeps would have a go at this one, its an easy catch if you can see it, strong signals yesterday morning from the Russian beam with the 1.2, an 80cm on the chimney would get most of them.
DSCN1143.JPG

blackers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25, stab hh120,, vu+solo, tm5402hd, amiko micro hd, sky + hd full sub inc setanta..
My Location
Essex Uk
I've tried real hard to get this on a triax 1.1 and black ultra lnb with (what I think) is clear line of site but never any luck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I've tried real hard to get this on a triax 1.1 and black ultra lnb with (what I think) is clear line of site but never any luck

There are long distance obstacles that would stop you not seen with the naked eye blackers, also you need to be aligned spot on not much room for being a bit out here.

A bit of messing about but if you go to dish pointer put the marker to your house pick 68.5E then follow the green line using a height data map in conjunction, you will have a better idea if it is a obstacle problem.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Just a thought Blackers, if your trying for it with a normal motor ?, you need to remove the stops in it, you wont get that far round without removing them.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Yeah, I had to remove the hardware limits on my Moteck clone motor but Dark Motor doesn't need this doing. Stab HH motors have a shorter range from what I remember - not sure if it's adjustable.

blackers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25, stab hh120,, vu+solo, tm5402hd, amiko micro hd, sky + hd full sub inc setanta..
My Location
Essex Uk
Thanks guys Ive been trying it on a moteck clone, where are the stops on these then? I've disabled limits in the receiver, is this the same?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
You need to take the stub off, held by a single bolt and they'll be under the sticker there. Just loosen the two lugs there and move them as far to the edge as you can. In fact, I think on mine, I removed these lugs completely as even with them on the edges, the motor stopped at 66e. But I am about 3 degrees further west from you, so you may not need to do that.