7 Day EPG?

I.LuV.ManUTd!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised with quad LNB, static 28.2E with quad LNB, VU+ Duo, DM500S, DM500S, DM800HD, Openbox S9.
My Location
Manchester
Does anyone know how to install a decent 7 day Sky EPG?

I've searched about, looked on blue panel as well - nothing seems to be there.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
its abit of a bugger to do but,

First off I dont know how much free space you need in VAR for this to work, mine has 70% used and it seems to be working alright, altough you may be better off using the pli maxvar image. I'm using th normal Pli-Jade image. Right, here goes:

1. Press Blue > System Settings > EPG. Change EPG data store to SQLite database and SQLite EPG location to /tmp then press GREEN to save.

2. Go to Software Management > Downloads > Addons/Plugins. Download SQLite EPG import plugin and XMLTV-EPGImport Rytec and install.

3. Press Yellow for the Plug-in menu and select Update EPG Channel References. Go down to Update UK (latest), press OK and let it download. One done press exit so you are back on the Plug-ins menu.

4. From Plug-ins menu select Dreambox EPG Config. Change package at the top to Radiotimes UK from the dropdown list. Change number of days to 4 (you could try more but I've only tried 4 upto yet). Leave crontab checked and update time at 06:00. Now press blue to open your channel list to map your channels.

Now you will be presented with 2 windows, your unmapped channels on the left and the bouquet your are currently in on the right eg. Sports. I'll use Sky Sports 1 as an example. In the left hand window scroll down until you find Sky Sports 1 and press OK on it. Now the cursor will change to the right window and you need to highlight Sky Sports 1 and press OK again. The Sky Sports 1 in the left hand list should disappear to tell you its been mapped to the channel in your bouquet. Repeat for all channels you want epg data for and press Green to save.

Now you will be back on the EPG Configuration page and you need to press Yellow to retrieve the EPG data. Once all data is downloaded press Green again to save and exit out of all menus.

Press Red to get the EPG up and hopefully the channels you mapped should be populated with 4 days of EPG data that update automatically.

Phew... hope that helps you out.

p.s if you reboot your dreambox the /tmp folder will be cleared so you will have to retrieve the EPG data again.

I.LuV.ManUTd!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised with quad LNB, static 28.2E with quad LNB, VU+ Duo, DM500S, DM500S, DM800HD, Openbox S9.
My Location
Manchester
Sorry mate but I've totally wasted your time - I can barely do the first point. I'm on Nabilosat and I simply can't find the EPG settings you start off with. :(

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
I.LuV.ManUTd! said:
Sorry mate but I've totally wasted your time - I can barely do the first point. I'm on Nabilosat and I simply can't find the EPG settings you start off with. :(

lol, it was copied and pasted anyway, so no harm done!

tbh, with a 500s youd be better off with the pli maxvar image anyway, box runs a lot quicker.

anyway, answer the question about the viasat card a few posts down :-rofl2

I.LuV.ManUTd!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
paxrax said:
lol, it was copied and pasted anyway, so no harm done!

tbh, with a 500s youd be better off with the pli maxvar image anyway, box runs a lot quicker.

anyway, answer the question about the viasat card a few posts down :-rofl2

What's the difference between the PLI Jade3 image and the MaxVar one?

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
pli uses approx 68% of /var

maxvar uses about 28%

the more you fill the box, the slower it will respond.

I.LuV.ManUTd!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
paxrax said:
pli uses approx 68% of /var

maxvar uses about 28%

the more you fill the box, the slower it will respond.

Thanks, I'm reflashing tonight as I really want a 7 Day EPG.