Gemini gets my vote, best image for the 7020 available at the mo. Gemini Manager is an excellent PC control software for your box as well. The image has good updates for emus and keys, its definitely the place to start.
During the first 2 weeks of having a 7020 I tried them all but finally settled on Hydra. But after constant freezing I have now changed to Gemini and I agree with the rest of you it does appear to be the most stable.
I flashed the 2.10 image (not the mod to the official DM one) Loaded cams with DCC and then keys by FTP no problems. Didn't even have to chmod.
I found that when my cd's are made into MP3 format and loaded onto the 7020s HDD and edited to as long as you like it playlist, when audio out is plugged into the stereo its a bloody good thing for parties etc.
With the picviewer i can collate jpegs and bore friends of holiday snaps!
I'm sure that this image is very good.
Alas I am also sure that the free-to-air chanels that are available with it and any subsequent improvements will soon be added to other images that also allow the addition of emulation software and keys that allow the dreambox7020 to excell above all others when it comes to the full satellite viewing spectacular that is available when one bends the rules abit.
Enigma of 19.10.2005
gcc 3.4.4 Original CVS
Web Interface: 5.3.0-Expert
BLUE Button - Blue Panel
2x Blue Button - Set boot/mode Pictures via BluePanel
YELLOW Button - Quick-Button (can be assigned via Blue Panel)
AUDIO Button - Sound track choice
TEXT Button - Video Text
RED Button - EPG List for current channel
2x RED Button - EPG Style Menu
GREEN BUTTON - Subservices
* AutoCam: Assign Emus to channels/provider
* CamName: renaming of Emus
* Multichannel-Patch switchable via Cam-Settings
* OSD: EMM- and ECM- Display
* Epg-cache: Saves EPG-Data on HDD or USB-Stick
* permanent clock on OSD (may be assigned to Quick-Button)
* Additional Features available via Internet from Gemini-Server with auto installation
* DreamInfo: many additional Information of your Box (i.e. HDD-Temperature or all Enigma-Settings)
* MP3: Random - Feature
* Gemini-News will be loaded in a background process
* JPEGs may be rotated and EXIF-Tags can be shown
* Support for OGG/Vorbis
* Random - Function for MP3 and OGG
* Support for CDROM/DVD, no matter if IDE or USB (not for 5620 or 500)
* Record CIFS: Record to a HDD mounted with CIFS (will only work, if no HDD is inside the Box)
* Record NFS: Record to a HDD mounted with NFS (will only work, if no HDD is inside the Box)
* Extra Menu: Settings for lots of Extras like Inadyn, HTTPD, EPG-Cache, Swap out VAR and many more
* Quick-Button: Freeze Image or zap to a predefined channel
NFS/CIFS is only available in Timer-menu, if mounted successfully. There is a size-check available. If the capacity is more than 3GB (NFS/CIFS Mount) and /mnt/hdd is bigger than 3GB, it will be shown in the Timer-Menu (this works only without internal HDD!)
Please mount PC-HDD always to /mnt/hdd
* Entire Blue Panel is outsourced
* Record SMBFS: Recording to a HDD mounted with Samba on a PC
* Dreamnetcast: Extended with Shoutkast TOP(100)
* Infobar: Settings expanded
* Background-Pictures: for Radio, MP3 and SCAN can now be chosen via Blue-Panel.
* Backup Creation: personal Blue-Panel addons can be saved
* Backup Rebuilding: personal Blue Panel addons-Settings can be rebuilt
I'm in USA and currently using Dreambox Busters image on a 7020. This seems to work well. Look for this image on some North american sites: DBBusters7020-v2.1.1_multiboot.
P.S. - Hello to my UK friends! Long time no talk to!
Dreambox 7020-s W/ 300 Gb Hdd, 128Mb CF,Networked back to more toys.
Fortecstar old Lifetime
Just sold my Viewsat (but it is a great receiver if anyone is interested)
Uniden Supra (Analog)
Thanks for your post.
I have dbbusters installed, personally i prefer Pi2 picture than dbbusters, i'm trying to play with gemini it looks great, the bad thing is no EPG. I'm looking for an emu to use here.