7020 problem

My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
London
My friend tried to update his 7020 box with a 7000 pli image by mistake now his box looks dead the orange light comes on but nothing shows on the screen or tv, after about a minute space invaders comes on the orange screen but it wont let you do anything the remote wont work, i have it connected to the internet but the router port light wont come on. Any help is wellcome i just hope we can do something. maners

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A 7000 image shouldnt cause any problems for a 7020. Ive done it several times - all you lose is the sound through the rf out connection as that part of the image isnt there.

My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
London
Well it did something, i have his box here and wont let me do anything. maners

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
1st try to re-load the image, after a fresh download(it could be faulty)

If that won´t work, U must re-install the enigma U need a null moden cable and flashwizard for that

Try the re-load first and then come back to us

My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
London
Well you have to tell me how because as i said its not connected to the router as the cable light is not on, i tried to get a ip addres by turning off the box at the back and holding the down button while turning it back on, but nothing. go you have a different way. maners

DeepDiver

My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
Then you may flash it using the serial port. Required tools are the null modem cable, DreamUp and a standard image , Gemini or Boxman will do.
This procedure will install a new image on your flash memory.