7020 S Dual boot problem. Please Help

eddy52

My Location
pj::
I've got a DM7020 S two weeks ago and i'm trying without success to have mutiboot working on it. What i have done is :
- installing a recent image (latest Boxman for dm7020) in the internal flash without problems (DHCP server method)
-formatting and mounting a 1gb usb stick
-using wlashwizard pro 6.3 to install Gemini3.40 on the stick BUT the process hangs when reaching 100% installation (I have waited 30 minutes...)

Have tried another image in the internal flash with exactly the same results.

I have to notice that when ticking the "Restart software" button in Flashwizard I still can see the Elitedvb Logo on the tv screen (is this normal since I have already replaced the enigma by the Boxman image in the internal flash).

Any advice please, I'm totally confused.

PS: please bear with my english.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
7020's can be a bit dicky with large usb sticks. See if you can find a Kingston Data Traveller - they work ok with up to 256meg sizes definitely.

Or get a compact flash card - I use a 512meg on without any problems.

eddy52

My Location
By the way and as for CF i 've read that some models aren't compatible with dreambox, so please what is the model you are using.
Thanks again.

My Satellite Setup
DM7020
My Location
XIRILANKA
eddy52 said:
I've got a DM7020 S two weeks ago and i'm trying without success to have mutiboot working on it. What i have done is :
- installing a recent image (latest Boxman for dm7020) in the internal flash without problems (DHCP server method)
Hi,

Maybe you can test another official version (not the last one...)

h**p://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/main.htm

And remember:
- Format the USB using the format utility that comes with the official image.

It should work.

Regards,
Picc2001

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
I still think that there is a problem with the usb stick.

There is a list of tested sticks, they all work. I had a non-tested one 512MB and to my surprise it worked fine...

3,5 is brand new, could be something there so test 3.4

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
If you are going for multiboot, is it not better to have the standard image in flash?

eddy52

My Location
IT WORKS..... Thanks a lot Analoguesat I have just got a new 256 MB Kingstone stick and it works a treat. Thanks again for the advice.

Rolfw : You are right but as a newbee I have read everywhere that I have to install a recent csv image in the internal flash to get the mutiboot feature and didn't find a recent "Standard image" The DMM one is very old (12.09.2005). So if you know how to get a multiboot compatible Standard image please let me Know.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Works fine on the standard image on my 7020S. I havent touched the standard firmware on mine.

Not that it really matters eddy - as long as it works. Now a good starting point for you is either Gemini or Nabilosat. Both excellent images to start playing with as they are more or less bombproof. :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
BTW if you can find a suitable Compact Flash card, the usb stick will happily co-exist with the CF card.

Ive heard stories that it wont like trying to run a CF card with a hard drive though

My Satellite Setup
DM7020
My Location
XIRILANKA
Hi,

CF + USB + HD working fine...

But... yes, some CF cannot be used together with HD (alone works OK)...

DM7020
Gemini 3.4
Flashwizard 6.3

Cheekykid

My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
Dreambox 7020S-Gemini 4.10
8 lnb's
My Location
London
rolfw said:
If you are going for multiboot, is it not better to have the standard image in flash?
Why keep the standard one? whats the reason

Can any body help me.
I got a new 7020 si I tried to upload the new Gemini 3.5 through a serial (9 pin) null modem cable...the electricity got cut off almost nea the end ...
Now the 7020 boots up only to the logo page and then stops....I cant get to any menu....
PLease help....
Many thanks :-rofl2