70W C-Band

uhf-satcom.com

Reaction score
Website
www.uhf-satcom.com
My Satellite Setup
UHF to Ka coverage; 1.1MKu 60E-50W , 1.5M L-Band 15W, 1.8M & 2.4M prime movers.
My Location
Dorset, UK
Hi all,

Following an interesting exchange on Twitter ( ) I decided to have a go at 70W C-Band reception - there are quite a few PAL / PAL-M channels on air that can be received in the UK amazingly. The spot beam is on south america.

3720 H tp 1ANC Brazil & South America PAL TV Globo Rio de Janeiro
3730 V tp 1BNC Brazil & South America PAL TV Verdade
3790 V tp 2BNC Brazil & South America PAL Rede TV! Nacional
3810 H tp 3ANC Brazil & South America PAL Band Nacional
3854 V tp 4BNC Brazil & South America PAL Record São Paulo
3870 H tp 5ANC Brazil & South America PAL Canal do Boi
3890 H tp 5ANC Brazil & South America PAL Rede Vida
3910 H tp 6ANC Brazil & South America PAL Rede 21
4010 H tp 8ANC Brazil & South America PAL Ideal TV
4010 V tp 8BNC Brazil & South America PAL Rede Internacional de TV
4030 H tp 9ANC Brazil & South America PAL TV Aparecida
4070 V tp 9BNC Brazil & South America PAL TV Canção Nova Rede
4130 V tp 11BNC Brazil & South America PAL TV Novo Tempo Brasil
4150 H tp 12ANC Brazil & South America PAL Rede Século 21
4170 H tp 12ANC Brazil & South America PAL Canal Rural (Brazil)
4170 V tp 12BNC Brazil & South America PAL SBT Nacional
4190 V tp 12BNC Brazil & South America PAL Canal do Criador

Some pictures attached. I was using my 2.4M unimesh antenna plus a titanium C-Band PLL LNB. About the bottom 1M of the dish was shadowed by fencing, and about 400M away is a tree in the beam, still not bad results and quite nice to relive the glory days of sat-tv DX.

regards,

Paul
@uhf_satcom

Attachments

• 70w1.jpeg
    70w1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 70w2.jpeg
    70w2.jpeg
    737.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 70w3.jpeg
    70w3.jpeg
    710.2 KB · Views: 35

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Brilliant.

I have access to 70E/W from the roof, but the neighbours would give me grief if I put anything larger than the 1.8m upstairs.

Last edited:

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I think that we should acknowledge the outstanding work done by forum member @John who managed to lock the 70W analogue C-Band stuff some time ago.
This work was done by @John months before it was recently posted on Twitter. I read through the Twitter topic and could not see any acknowledgement or credit given to @John by the poster "Alex"?

Post 7 of the below topic contains the initial report.

Last edited:

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
This work was done by @John months before it was recently posted on Twitter. I read through the Twitter topic and could not see any acknowledgement or credit given to @John by the poster "Alex"?

Code:
https://twitter.com/captainjack406/status/1610387024564944898

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I've only tried the non-Titanium one but unfortunately I still getting that weird interference. It's either too strong to filter without affecting satellite signal or it's not 5g (I don't have 5g available on my phone!).

Will try the Tit next week.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Decent strength with 3.810 H today in the cold early hours - -

Screenshot (86)..reduced..jpgScreenshot (87)..reduced..jpgearly hours for UK location North Nottinghamshire. V & H digital sigs captured on the GTMedia Combo but not strong enough to lock on an Elite 2.2 PF
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

yang sat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
13 Hotbird
My Location
OX3
Hi all,

Following an interesting exchange on Twitter ( ) I decided to have a go at 70W C-Band reception - there are quite a few PAL / PAL-M channels on air that can be received in the UK amazingly. The spot beam is on south america.

3720 H tp 1ANC Brazil & South America PAL TV Globo Rio de Janeiro
3730 V tp 1BNC Brazil & South America PAL TV Verdade
3790 V tp 2BNC Brazil & South America PAL Rede TV! Nacional
3810 H tp 3ANC Brazil & South America PAL Band Nacional
3854 V tp 4BNC Brazil & South America PAL Record São Paulo
3870 H tp 5ANC Brazil & South America PAL Canal do Boi
3890 H tp 5ANC Brazil & South America PAL Rede Vida
3910 H tp 6ANC Brazil & South America PAL Rede 21
4010 H tp 8ANC Brazil & South America PAL Ideal TV
4010 V tp 8BNC Brazil & South America PAL Rede Internacional de TV
4030 H tp 9ANC Brazil & South America PAL TV Aparecida
4070 V tp 9BNC Brazil & South America PAL TV Canção Nova Rede
4130 V tp 11BNC Brazil & South America PAL TV Novo Tempo Brasil
4150 H tp 12ANC Brazil & South America PAL Rede Século 21
4170 H tp 12ANC Brazil & South America PAL Canal Rural (Brazil)
4170 V tp 12BNC Brazil & South America PAL SBT Nacional
4190 V tp 12BNC Brazil & South America PAL Canal do Criador

Some pictures attached. I was using my 2.4M unimesh antenna plus a titanium C-Band PLL LNB. About the bottom 1M of the dish was shadowed by fencing, and about 400M away is a tree in the beam, still not bad results and quite nice to relive the glory days of sat-tv DX.

regards,

Paul
@uhf_satcom
It's hard to imagine that a 2.4 meter dish with a C-band LNB can receive the Brazilian satellite at 70W in the UK. You would also need to purchase a receiver that supports the Brazilian analog signal. It's quite surprising!

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
It's hard to imagine that a 2.4 meter dish with a C-band LNB can receive the Brazilian satellite at 70W in the UK. You would also need to purchase a receiver that supports the Brazilian analog signal. It's quite surprising!

A 2.2mtr PF dish used with an old Echostar LT8700 receiver was used for my post with a location in the Midlands - North Nottinghamshire UK. The signals are slightly stronger down towards the South coast of the UK and hopefully you are not affected by 5G broadband interference cell tower radiation which unfortunately i do suffer from

yang sat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
13 Hotbird
My Location
OX3
A 2.2mtr PF dish used with an old Echostar LT8700 receiver was used for my post with a location in the Midlands - North Nottinghamshire UK. The signals are slightly stronger down towards the South coast of the UK and hopefully you are not affected by 5G broadband interference cell tower radiation which unfortunately i do suffer from
I'm in Oxfordshire and I happen to have two unused 5G C-LNBs, if you need them I'll give them to you for free.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
I'm in Oxfordshire and I happen to have two unused 5G C-LNBs, if you need them I'll give them to you for free.

Thank you for the kind offer but i allready have 5G filtering in place on my Cband set-up - in fact only today iv'e been evaluating the effect or benefit of running my external 5G filter coupled onto an lnb with internal 5G filtering so in effect 2 x filtering in my Cband lnb signal line.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Decent strength with 3.810 H today in the cold early hours - -

View attachment 147624View attachment 147625early hours for UK location North Nottinghamshire. V & H digital sigs captured on the GTMedia Combo but not strong enough to lock on an Elite 2.2 PF
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I would try at 4am but.... I choose sleep :D

Still need to try the other 5G LNB Manik lent to me on sub ~3.750GHz frequencies.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
I would try at 4am but.... I choose sleep :D

Still need to try the other 5G LNB Manik lent to me on sub ~3.750GHz frequencies.

True story - - the old dog needed to go out for bladder relief [not me btw] , i kid you not, so i made use of the cool night/morning air on the lnb for a reception test

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.

@yang sat , coming back to your unused 5G C-lnb's that you mentioned, can you show us what models with pictures if possible you have .. thanks.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
@yang sat , coming back to your unused 5G C-lnb's that you mentioned, can you show us what models with pictures if possible you have .. thanks.
Dang, I was about to ask that.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK

If your offer of a free 5G filtered C-Band LNB extends to forum members other than @John, I would take one of them, subject to any being left after @John has had first refusal.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
If your offer of a free 5G filtered C-Band LNB extends to forum members other than @John, I would take one of them, subject to any being left after @John has had first refusal.

No worries - iv'e been looking at another 5G Cband lnb to test but i thought i would double check to see if the ones that @yang sat had were not the same before i pull the trigger on the one i had in mind.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK