a couple of after setup questions

fersy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m ? dish pole mounted in back garden, bigsat hh motor mount, 0.2db universal single lnb, technomate 1000c1, viaccess 2.5 cam, 1yr art subs card
My Location
n.ireland
hi first of all this is my setup: 1m dish, 0.2db universal single lnb, technomate 1000c1, bigsat hh mount diseqc 1.2 motor

anyway my system is setup but im having a few problems and i wanted to find out if they are as a result of a poor setup or if they are normal so here goes:
1. out of all the satellites on the receiver and obviously the clark belt im only receiving hotbird 13.0e, eutelsat at 16.0e satisfactorally and astra1 19.2e, astra 3a 23.5e and astra 2 28.2e are coming in with 68-72% quality but lots of the channels are such poor quality that they are unwatchable. i can get arabsat but not at the stated 26.e but if i leave the dish at hotbird 13.0e i get a 75% signal quality for arabsat. also i originally had thor 1w but for some reason now i only get 33% quality. should i be able to get more satellites or is this normal?

2. i have an art sports card and when i watch it the signal quality is usually about 69-72% but if it rains quite heavy i sometimes lose signal completely or the picture is too bad to watch which thanks to the great british weather is quite often is this normal?

basically i want to find out if this is the best i can do with my setup or if the dish is not right etc. then there may be something i can do to rectify it. any help greatly appreciated:-doh!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you setup your motor and dish, what satellite did you use for your due South reference?

fersy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m ? dish pole mounted in back garden, bigsat hh motor mount, 0.2db universal single lnb, technomate 1000c1, viaccess 2.5 cam, 1yr art subs card
My Location
n.ireland
i used thor 1w

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That may be the problem, if you are in NI, then your longitude is more like 8W, but if you cannot get a good signal on 1W, then even that setup is incorrect.

You need to check that your lattitude setting is correct on the motor, then given your exact longitude, find the appropriate due South reference satellite.

Never be afraid of starting from scratch, also check that your mast mount is perfectly vertical.

fersy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland
ok thanks. i actually had a guy out who set it up the first time but i was getting thor 1w then and about the first 3 east sats and then the astras but not very watchable but that was it and i wasnt sure whether it could be set up better to receive more or not. i had tried but because i had only a basic sat finder i didnt know what sat the signal i was getting was from. since then i realised if i brought the receiver and tv outside i could use that to tell me what one it was and have since set a fixed twin lnb system for my bro on hotbird and astra successfully so i was feeling brave enough to give mine another go if i thought it would improve it. the problem i had the first time was that the scale on the dish looks upside down and the notch is not even in the scale when im getting a signal but the bracket can only go one way so either the scale has been done wrong by the manufacturers or it was designed for down under:-rofl2 anyway thanks for your responses i think if it stays dry i will give it another go although i was just wondering about the rain badly interfering badly with my art sports is this normal or a bad setup?