A couple of questions about the dragon

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
1.Is the dragoncam auto-updating when codes are changed from the provider?

2.In a webshop I've read that the dragon does:S*ca Mediag*ard 1+2, Ird*to 1+2, Bet*crypt, Viacc*ss 1+2, TPSCr*pt, @SkyCr*pt, SHLCr*pt, Nagr*Vision, C*nax, Cr*ptoworks, N*S.
But can it decode all of these systems or do you have to choose some of them?

loftyj

Reaction score
1) As far as I know no AU, At least mine has-not in the 2 months that I have had it.

2) I think it will open all of these depending on the reciver that you have and the software you can load to cam. at the moment Predator 2.2 is the main software in use and in my case opens most of the main transponders on Astra, Hotbird and Thor, but depending on the encription not all channels.

If you go for this cam I would recomend you also go for Dynamite Programmer takes about 5 minutes to put in new software, lot less time than trying to put in new keys by hand

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Thnk you for this info loftyj,I'm new to this cam business. But are there any other cams with AU?

loftyj

Reaction score
Sorry unable to help with that one. Maybe one of the other members can help.

newboy45

Reaction score
My Location
East Midlands
am i right in assuming that if the dragoncam does not open up a particular channel then you attempt it through the debug option. ie: tune onto the particular channel, select the appropriate encryption and enter the key avilable for that channel manually. if it is the correct key the channel should descramble. also could any body please let me know the way to enter this keys. if the keys are avilable a * * * * x 8 from the sites, you enter the last three of each o the star ie: omit the first * and enter the last three stars of the first number then press ok button and continue this process eight times. mine is a manhattan plaza 3300 ci receiver with two slots for cams.
i have been trying hard to understand this process for sometime without any success for a newcomer
thanks

nr66

Reaction score
Hi newboy45,
i have started a thread asking the same question : how can i edit dragon cam keys using the debug option with the stb remote ? couldn't get a strait answer,or rather no answer at all .but browsing through the forum which i must admit is so rich with information ,i found out that there are 2 type of keys: hex and dec,some sites will name them hex keys and remote keys .so when you look in some keys sites,they will provide both type of keys and the keys u need are the dec or remote keys (3 numbers),enter the numbers and the cam will convert them to hex keys.I can't say i have try it ,but i am pretty sure this is how it goes. only suggesting ,good luck.
nr66.

newboy45

Reaction score
My Location
East Midlands
hi nr66
any further progress m8 on this subject. like to hear from you. there are programs on the net that can be downloaded to convert hex to decimal. i have still not attempted the debug option on the cam properly. if you have hjad any more success please let me know
thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You can covert any hex to dec and back again using the calculator (scientific version) to be found on on any computer!

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
you could also be lazy an just download converted cam keys from certain web pages and also i have never used the debug in the dragon i just load the cam with latest version

newboy45

Reaction score
My Location
East Midlands
hi wolfav,
i do the same as well. i am under the impression that the debug option is for channels that do not open up when the latest version is loaded and there is a possibility of opening them up by inputting the right keys using the debug option. could any m8s please tell me if i am wrong.
so is there no other way of opening channels that do not open up after loading the latest version of the authentic predator.
thanks

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
newboy45 said:
hi wolfav,
i do the same as well. i am under the impression that the debug option is for channels that do not open up when the latest version is loaded and there is a possibility of opening them up by inputting the right keys using the debug option. could any m8s please tell me if i am wrong.
so is there no other way of opening channels that do not open up after loading the latest version of the authentic predator.
thanks
afaik the debug is for changing keys if there has been no change in the pred versions, but i could be wrong!

nr66

Reaction score
Hi newboy45,
the debug option is simlpy a key editing tool.so if the new keys of a certain system( eg:viaccess1/2...) are availabe on the net before the cam latest version, u can enter the new keys using the remote after converting hex to dec(here at this site,go to download and get the converter program for free).BUT,let's be clear about something, u can only edit keys of a system(eg:via**ess1/2 or se*a1/2...) that is already in the cam latest firmware version.the aim the firmware is to have all the keys available of all the systems that have been ha**ed.
hope this will helpful.
nr66

newboy45

Reaction score
My Location
East Midlands
nr66 said:
Hi newboy45,
the debug option is simlpy a key editing tool.so if the new keys of a certain system( eg:viaccess1/2...) are availabe on the net before the cam latest version, u can enter the new keys using the remote after converting hex to dec(here at this site,go to download and get the converter program for free).BUT,let's be clear about something, u can only edit keys of a system(eg:via**ess1/2 or se*a1/2...) that is already in the cam latest firmware version.the aim the firmware is to have all the keys available of all the systems that have been ha**ed.
hope this will helpful.
nr66

Thanks nr66

Victornvn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan 3100
Mine is a manhattan plaza 3300 CIi receiver with two slots for cams. Can anybody tell me the process of entering the Keys in this Receiver.I have been trying hard to understand this process for sometime without any success
thanks[/QUOTE]