A cry for help

kirilcho

Reaction score
Ah, I've ordered the sat meter (another 15 quid bite the dust). We'll se what happens with taht later ;)

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Stick:
why dont you put together a complete newbies guide complete with "little green pictures" and post it for download,you would help many.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, after the reception that my debut in the art world received, I think I'll stick to words... :)

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
kirilcho i ment the satellite bleeper. You have to make a mini satellite cable, one end connects to the lnb on the dish and the other end connects to the bleeper then the normal cable goes into the other end of the bleeper. connect the earpiece and listen for high pitched sound when slowly moving dish, that is a satellite, you will need to be next to the dish to do this ofcourse. They are cheap bleepers but they work as long as you know roughly where the sat is you are looking for. When i did it i tuned in all the satellites in the arcs free channels so if i was not sure i was on hotbird or astra i just changed the satellite channels and seen which one came up which will be useful once you find 1 west. Remember lyngsat.com has the frequencies if required. If you are using progdvb then its all automatic anyway when you scan the transponders which at that time i did not have the luxury of having cause i had to manually input everything.

john_smith

Reaction score
Kirilcho, I suppose that you speek bulgarian so I can probably help with some advise in your own language - I installed a motorized system with succes last week for myself.
Send me an email if you are interested...

kirilcho

Reaction score
Ostavi mi e-maila si che ne moga da ti pratia PM (Please leave me ur email as I cannot send u a PM)

ljaljo

Reaction score
My Location
Brussels , Belgium
abe kirilcho sho pravis :) easyer way 4 you to fix your dish to hotbird if u r mentioned to watch bulgarian TV ( free to air) is to buy an analogic receiver( here in brussels you can get one for 15-20 euro max , second hand for free sometimes), find frequencies for DW-tv or some ellse tv at 13°E at www.lyngsat.com (take care on Mhz and Ghz frequencies for analogic system) put freq. into analogic receiver and move your dish manualy untill you dont find DW-tv (german)it says that youre than on 13°E (much more easyer to find satelit with analogic receiver) :) move your diseqc motor manualy than to 13° and move again manualy the dish to get DW-tw and thats it you can watch bulgarian tv at frequency 12539 i think ( to make your motor perfectly in "place" control it with turksat42°E and Show TV (frequency again at lyngsat) if u can watch Show and DW and to do not move your dish up-down, just turn dish with your diseqc you placed your dish perfectly :) , one more instruction easyer to find 0° , look where is the sun at 13.00h thats aprocsimative 0° so bit left and youre there ( take care is dish much up or down) :) thats the way how i work here in brussels , and hope some advice will help u. do gledanje i pozdrav za Bulgarija od Jugoslavija :)