A Dreambox finally tuned to perfection(?)

Raitsa

Reaction score
Website
www.huoltovalikko.com
My Satellite Setup
Sony Pearl + Stewart Firehawk 182cm, OpenElec + 3 * Intel NUC, Vu+ Solo2 & T90+8lnb, 28Tb Thecus N7510 NAS, Denon AVR 2310, AMX+ 3*Ipad, 3*KefQ1, 4*KefQ2DS, HSU VTF-3 MK3 turbo
My Location
Kirjala, Finland
I bought my first Dreambox (7000) in 2002.

My current Dreambox (800, costing now about 400€) is now tuned and performing pretty close to perfection.
There is not much room for improvement for my needs any longer, the Dreambox is now, finally, doing all i could wish for, after a looooong testphase by countless trials and errors of about 7.5 years...

Here are the specs that make me happy:

- Dreambox 800 equipped with a 33€ Hauppauge Nova-T USB stick, allowing me to watch and record terrestial channels too
- T90 dish with 8 satellite positions
- Currently installed to 800´s flash memory is Dream Elite BH 1.3 OE1.6 image, with DMConcinnity-HD skin
- I use this image daily because it´s the ONLY current oe1.6 based image which works with the very essential plugin for me: Suomipoeka 0.96 (for managing recordings etc)
- All the recordings (SD, HD, terrestial, radiochannels etc.) are saved into a 4tb external NAS hard drive (E-Trayz NAS, 99€ + 2 * 2TB hard disks for about 175 € each)
- All the recorded programs can be viewed (and ads fastforwarded/skipped) in different rooms with Xtreamer media streamers, costing 99€
- If a program is recording, i can watch the ongoing recording instantly in another room immediately without any problems

Now the only improvement i can think to add is a plugin which performs background searching from EPG data and generates new recordings (timers) according to search rules like program name or description. This can be done with AutoRecorder plugin.
I'm not quite sure whether AutoRecorder supports oe1.6 based images and satellite setups consisting of multiple positions and thousands of channels though.

So, there is something to improve still, but not that much. :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
That's an interesting use of a USB DVB-T tuner - does it need a particular plug-in to use for that?

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Single Sat Dish and DM800
My Location
Ireland
sounds like a pretty good setup, and I can understand why it takes so long, as each new image just allows that little bit more. would love if there was a plugin that could mimic series linking for recording purposes. i guess its just a matter of time before it becomes a reality. will autorecorder do this in its current form

Raitsa

Reaction score
Website
www.huoltovalikko.com
My Satellite Setup
Sony Pearl + Stewart Firehawk 182cm, OpenElec + 3 * Intel NUC, Vu+ Solo2 & T90+8lnb, 28Tb Thecus N7510 NAS, Denon AVR 2310, AMX+ 3*Ipad, 3*KefQ1, 4*KefQ2DS, HSU VTF-3 MK3 turbo
My Location
Kirjala, Finland
Llew said:
That's an interesting use of a USB DVB-T tuner - does it need a particular plug-in to use for that?

No, the driver support for the Hauppauge tuner is included in the image, you just turn it on from a menu.
These terrestial usb-sticks are supported at the moment:

"The Usb Drivers will be Extended and Updated via Addons Manager.
Currently included Anglofsky1980 Driver Module DIB0700:

AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Volar
Compro Videomate U500
Uniwill STK7700P based (Hama and others)
Leadtek Winfast DTV Dongle (STK7700P based)
AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Express
Gigabyte U7000
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T
Pinnacle PCTV 2000e
Terratec Cinergy DT XS Diversity (Test OK)
Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick/Elgato Eye-TV Diversity (Test NOK )
ASUS My Cinema U3000 Mini DVBT Tuner
Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T Flash Stick
Artec T14BR DVB-T
ASUS My Cinema U3100 Mini DVBT Tuner (Test NOK)
Hauppauge Nova-T Stick (70019) (test OK)
Hauppauge Nova-T MyTV.t
Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick"

Attachments

• 2wmgfgn.jpg
    2wmgfgn.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 42

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
OK, thanks. Some very useful information for DM800 owners I'm sure. Will have to check out the BH Elite image for my DM8000.