A little Bird Flu humour.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thought this was nice. :)

Attachments

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
I wonder if the parrot that died in quarantine was a Norweigan Blue. ;)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
and the latest (from Paris) on the epidemic

Attachments

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, sounds like one of the guys down my local. :-lmao

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
anyone got any more?

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
How about this one. :)
www.BorowitzReport.com said:
U.S. PLANS TO MAKE BIRDS OBESE

Would Slow the Spread of Avian Flu, President Asserts

In a press conference at the White House today, President George W. Bush announced an ambitious plan to slow the potential spread of avian flu by making birds obese.

“Birds spread the flu by flying,” the president told reporters. “So it stands to reason that if birds are too fat to fly, they can’t spread the flu.”

The president said that he personally developed the strategy for slowing the spread of the deadly flu after realizing that “obesity is America’s secret weapon in the battle for global health.”

Mr. Bush said that starting next week, government-issued pamphlets would be distributed at such fast-food outlets as McDonald’s, Burger King, and Kentucky Fried Chicken, encouraging customers to buy an additional fat-laden meal and feed it to birds.

If all goes according to plan, the president said, the global population of birds will be so badly out of shape and easily winded, “they will only have enough energy to sit around and watch television.”

But according to Charlotte Harswell, a spokesperson for the Audubon Society, the plan to make birds obese and unable to fly is “misguided and cruel.”

“The president’s plan is essentially tantamount to declaring a global war on birds,” she said.

In response to the Audubon statement, President Bush issued a statement of his own later in the day: “It is time for the health-loving people of the world to ask: are you with us, or are you with the birds?”

Elsewhere, former Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers blasted current Supreme Court nominee Samuel A. Alito today, calling him “too experienced.”

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
Courtesy H5N1 (sorry ) B3ta.com

Attachments

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Bird flu was registered in an American Airlines Boeing Jet.
Nobody yet knows how it has affected other airlines
Around the world.

Attachments

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Sunset version of the same maybe it is an epidemic

Attachments