A little help from anyone please

lee mckean

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest digital satellite system 60cm dish receiver dvb-s sl65 and universal twin lnb brought from Lidl
My Location
Northans,England
I too have a Silvercrest system,can pick up most channals but i am looking to pick up romanian tv for my wife. I have read the channals are broadcast on the sirius satellite,is it just a matter of a lot of playing about with it to get it to pick up the satellite? I am also thinking of a motor for the dish,so would the dish align its self automatically(the motor would be of course DISQC compatible to the receiver) sorry for going on a bit,but any help would be great,thanks for your time.Lee. oh and from my wife. Also not sure if i am posting this in the right place,sorry. also I live in Corby,Northants

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Romania channels are broadcast on various satellites around the orbital arc. 16E and 5E are the main ones:

Kingofsat

shows the fta stuff.

lee mckean

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest digital satellite system 60cm dish receiver dvb-s sl65 and universal twin lnb brought from Lidl
My Location
Northans,England
Thanks for your help,hope to sort it tomorrow.

al pal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon KSC 570H PVR, Triax TD88 REX Single 0.3db LNB, SM3D12 DiseqC Motor, Digifusion FVRT100 Freeview Dual PVR, Cambridge Audio DVD57, Sony STR-DB930, Mirage AVS-500/ FRX-S8, Toshiba 36ZP18P.
My Location
Scotland M8 Corridor
lee mckean said:
Thanks for your help,hope to sort it tomorrow.

Lee,

Sorry not been on the forums for a while.

Did you get this sorted?

My Wife is also Romanian and we have MaxTV as do some other friends.

We are however thinking of switching to DigiTV as it has a better selection and the EPG works which it does not on MaxTV.

Let me know if you require any more info....

NickCY

Reaction score
So you're both married to Romanian ladies eh?! No offence guys, but do they tend to be a little bossy and stubborn? Just curious :)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
I know one Romanian wife who could certainly be described as bossy and stubborn that's for sure, thank the lord she's not my wife.:-worship

NickCY

Reaction score
Hahahaha :-rofl2 I used to date this Romanian chick for a year and let me tell you guys, she was one BOSSY and STUBBORN cow who thought she was ALWAYS right! She never used to do any cooking or housework either O-no Thank goodness I got rid of her :)

chakwal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital Satellite system with receiver SL 65, Abtenna CO 80 and Universal Twin LNB.
Silver Crest
My Location
Dundrum, Dublin 14
Hi,

I am trying to setup Silver Crest Digital Sat Unit SL65. I can't get any program. When I do find program, it says can't find any program. I'm on Astra 28.2 E. Signal Intensity is 75% and Signal Quality is 14%.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You need to improve the signal quality, ignore the other reading, try tuning your receiver to a FTA channel, like BBC 1, then gently move your dish until you get a picture.
You can find the channel details here:
_http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html